Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > 'Moron trap' lures tourists

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-29-2009, 01:29 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts

Default 'Moron trap' lures tourists

'Moron trap' lures plenty of tourists

REBEKAH CAVANAGH

November 19th, 2009

ANOTHER photo has emerged of more "idiots" risking life and limb by larking about atop a crocodile trap in the Territory.

These bikini-clad ladies were spotted singing in the rain, using champagne bottles as microphones, while standing on a croc trap in a crocodile-infested river in Maningrida

Their mates were in a fishing boat several metres away taking photos.

The image, taken at the weekend, surfaced yesterday - a day after the Northern Territory News published a picture on the front page of two male tourists tempting fate by doing a similar thing at Jim Jim Falls in Kakadu National Park.

The hooligans were laughing and joking as they posed as cowboys riding atop the trap.

Park ranger and crocodile expert Garry Lindner said the behaviour of the men was absurd.

"Crocs are attracted to the bait in the traps, so it is extremely dangerous to fool around like this," he said.

Readers from across the nation were outraged over Tuesday's story, which was viewed by thousands on national news website News.com.au

One reader suggested the photo caption should have read: "Dinner is served! Tonight's menu features two courses of stupid."

And another browser said: "I don't know about a croc trap but it certainly works as a moron trap."

Other comments included "The Darwin Awards were invented because of people like this!" and "What dopes! And people wonder why they get eaten alive?".

Another reader posted: "Darn, they escaped again. Who is responsible for not securing the bait correctly?"

And an Alice Springs man said: "I would have expected that nearly all people would have the brains not to climb on a croc trap. I know this area, and although there's only a small chance of actually having crocs in there at this time of year, it's not unheard of."

But not all agreed it was a dangerous act and some actually praised the men.

"Way to go! I'd do it if I was there too," a reader posted online. "Great fun it looks like. Should be more of it."

http://www.ntnews.com.au/article/2009/11/19/102191_ntnews.html

Well, they are blondes lol

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-29-2009, 01:32 AM   #2

Liked 1173 Times on 509 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

"Well, they are blondes lol" Ya' got that right.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 12-29-2009, 01:58 AM   #3

Liked 38 Times on 19 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Zhuk,

Hey maybe you can recruit them to fly into the US for the FTFPALOOZA!! After all we are MUCH more interesting than an old Croc and INFINENTLY more dangerous.

I would love to see Tango chasing them around a trap in his pink tutu and trying to sprinkle pixie dust on them.

I’ll supply bottles of Gentleman Jack single barrel to the lasses (this is the US you know, we don’t do no stinking champagne).

Old 12-29-2009, 03:22 AM   #4

Liked 6 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 5

After hitting every other flat surface in the house, the last place I ask to be mounted by them is right above the fireplace! 'Cuz I'd crawl 4 miles for their vertical smiles.........

"Guns don't kill people. Male Kennedy's kill people."

Old 12-29-2009, 01:34 PM   #5
Deader Bears=Better Bears

Liked 5610 Times on 3300 Posts
Likes Given: 4695

Who could really blame a crocodile for wanting to take a bite of that boootay on the left?

Dead Bears, the only good kind.
GANDER MOUNTAIN OF HATTIESBURG, MS IS OVERPRICED, HAS LOUSY CUSTOMER SERVICE, & SELLS BEAT UP PISTOLS TO LITTLE OLD LADIES AS "NEW". :p

Old 12-29-2009, 01:47 PM   #6

that is a HUGE cage,i like to go gator hunting and all i can say, is what ever monstor fits in that thing...i would hate to be caught in only my bathing suit

Old 12-29-2009, 03:12 PM   #7

Liked 39 Times on 29 Posts
Likes Given: 137

I'd hit it...

Greg

“The stupid neither forgive nor forget; the naive forgive and forget; the wise forgive but do not forget.”

"Never underestimate the predictability of stupid"

Old 12-29-2009, 04:39 PM   #8

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

People do stuff that risk their very lives for the sake of entertainment everyday. No different there....

Old 12-29-2009, 05:52 PM   #9
Deader Bears=Better Bears

Liked 5610 Times on 3300 Posts
Likes Given: 4695

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gojubrian View Post
People do stuff that risk their very lives for the sake of entertainment everyday. No different there....
Bungee gone wrong = going splat; Croc tempting gone wrong = being chewed/drowned to death. I'd have to go with splatting.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.
GANDER MOUNTAIN OF HATTIESBURG, MS IS OVERPRICED, HAS LOUSY CUSTOMER SERVICE, & SELLS BEAT UP PISTOLS TO LITTLE OLD LADIES AS "NEW". :p

Old 12-29-2009, 06:03 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello View Post
Bungee gone wrong = going splat; Croc tempting gone wrong = being chewed/drowned to death. I'd have to go with splatting.
its all in young fun too i know growing up we swam in gator infested waters and when we were younger it was just what we did, now that i think about it, it was the dumbest thing we had ever done lol, you would think we would have learned our lesson the first or second time we got chased out of the water by a gator