Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   The Club House (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/)
-   -   More Murder..... (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/more-murder-29605/)

Benning Boy 07-23-2010 05:27 AM

More Murder.....

Just a quick heads up.

I did a murder thread this morning, figured it might run a day or two, anticipated a lukewarm response.

The thread blew up pretty quickly, was solved pretty quickly, and left alot of people out who didn't get there in time. It was a pretty positive response.

I'm kicking off the second one, and it's a little different. If it goes well, plans are in the works for a third and final, where we go all out.

So here's how this one will work.

There will be a murder. You be given a brief description of basic facts. You will have to flesh out the story with questions. Consider the description as a blank paint-by-numbers canvas, and your questions will be the paints.

Oh, one other thing.

On the first page, I'm going to tell you who the killer is.....

TheDaggle 07-23-2010 05:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Benning Boy (Post 319102)
Just a quick heads up.

I did a murder thread this morning, figured it might run a day or two, anticipated a lukewarm response.

The thread blew up pretty quickly, was solved pretty quickly, and left alot of people out who didn't get there in time. It was a pretty positive response.

I'm kicking off the second one, and it's a little different. If it goes well, plans are in the works for a third and final, where we go all out.

So here's how this one will work.

There will be a murder. You be given a brief description of basic facts. You will have to flesh out the story with questions. Consider the description as a blank paint-by-numbers canvas, and your questions will be the paints.

Oh, one other thing.

On the first page, I'm going to tell you who the killer is.....

Roughly what day/time should we be logging on with our Sherlock caps on? I don't want to miss this..:D

Benning Boy 07-23-2010 05:59 AM

Kicking it off in the morning, this may run a bit, but here's a taste.....

Prologue: 3 years ago....

The men sit in a smoky jazz club. As the average group before them finishes their set, the men joke at their table.

Benning raises his neat scotch. "I propose a toast to Notdku, and his success."

Dillinger agreed, "Hear hear, the forum is really shaping up. Good on you man."

Notdku smiled. "Thanks guys. It means alot."

The men imbibe, and laugh.

"Tell you what though, J.D., your screen name. You shoulda let me have that one," Benning said, with a slight edge in his voice.

J.D. felt a little uncomfortable, and played it off. "Tell you what, my friend. If ever I can't contribute anymore, for whatever reason, the name is yours."

Notdku sensed the tension, and dove in. "But let's hope that day never comes, right?"

J.D. agreed. "Hear hear," and raised his glass.

Benning slowly raised his glass, but was a thousand miles away. "Hear hear."

Benning Boy 07-23-2010 03:25 PM

J.D. adjusted his tie, and regarded himself in the mirror. The black pinstripe suit was a good fit. He donned the period accurate hat just as a knock issued forth on the aluminum door of the trailer.

"We're ready for you," said the grip guy J.D. was talking to earlier.

J.D. stepped out onto the set. He was hired as a technical adviser for a History Channel documentary on the life of John Dillinger. The director didn't trust the actor they got in the gun scenes, so J.D. was asked to double. He jumped at the chance.

J.D. triple checked his 1911, it's heft a little lighter due to the wax bullets he was using.

A perfectly replicated street, era specific. J.D. was starting to get into it.

The director came over. "Okay, you leave the theater, that cop yells "Hey!", and the ambush starts. You shoot, he shoots, then everybody lights it up, you make your way over to that car, and we cut. Got it?"

"Yes sir, and thanks again for this opportunity."

Benning Boy 07-23-2010 03:32 PM

"Action!"

J.D. followed the instructions.

The short cop yelled "Hey!", and J.D. let rip.

The actor's head jerked,and seemed to bruise across his forehead immediately, a neat hole in the center.

"Cool squib," J.D. thought to himself, and finished the scene.

"Cut!" the director yelled, and everyone applauded. The actor who played the cop did not get up. One of the crew went over to him, and yelled,"He's been shot! He's dead!"

A period specific cop stood behind J.D. "Looks like you won't be needing that screen name now, my friend. You're going down."

J.D. spun to face Benning. "What?"

Benning Boy 07-23-2010 03:37 PM

You are now the investigator. J.D. told you his weak azz story of how this is a frame, and since you are his forum mates, you must exhonorate him. If you fail, I become Dillinger, ban you all, and give you douche cards.

A few tips....

You will have to know your guns. I got tech support this time, so you may have to do a little research.

Re read. A problem I kept coming up with was the first one went fast, and the forum requires 45 seconds in between posts. It is easy to miss stuff if even three guys are going at this, and the details are gonna be important.

If it looks like it's really heading the wrong way, I'll be dropping hints, but you're gonna have to ask the right questions.

Have at it, sleuths.:)

cpttango30 07-23-2010 03:52 PM

What does JD mean by "COOL SQUIB"

What size is the bullet hole in the dead guys head?

Did JD visually inspect the ammo of his gun before the scene?

At what angle did the bullet enter the victims head?

Benning Boy 07-23-2010 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cpttango30 (Post 319242)
What does JD mean by "COOL SQUIB"

What size is the bullet hole in the dead guys head?

Did JD visually inspect the ammo of his gun before the scene?

At what angle did the bullet enter the victims head?

J.D. thought the wound was a special effect.

J.D. inspected the ammo, wax bullets.

The bullet recovered is a .45 caliber.

The bullet entered at a downward angle. The actor is 5'3" tall.

Troy Michalik 07-23-2010 04:15 PM

How far away from the actor was JD when the shooting occurred?

How tall is JD?

The wound channel is at a downward angle, what are the entry and exit points?

Benning Boy 07-23-2010 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Troy Michalik (Post 319249)
How far away from the actor was JD when the shooting occurred?

How tall is JD?

The wound channel is at a downward angle, what are the entry and exit points?

J.D. was 40 meters from the actor.

J.D. is 6'2" tall.

The entry point was the forehead, the bullet did not exit.