Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   The Club House (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/)
-   -   Montebello High in California flies flag upside down (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/montebello-high-california-flies-flag-upside-down-13296/)

MrKimber 04-28-2009 01:50 AM

Montebello High in California flies flag upside down

4 Attachment(s)
You will not see this heart-stopping photo on the front page of the NY Times, nor on the lead story of the major news networks. The protestors at Montebello High School took the American flag off the school's flag pole and hung it upside down while putting up the Mexican flag over it.
The image of the American flag subsumed to another and turned upside down on American soil is already spreading on Internet forums and via e-mail.
If you choose to remain uninvolved, do not be amazed when you no longer have a nation to call your own nor anything you have worked for left since it will be 'redistributed' to the activists while you are so peacefully staying out of the 'fray'. Check history, it is full of nations/empires that disappeared when its citizens no longer held their core beliefs and values. One person CAN make a difference. ACT NOW! Tell your non-representing representitives what you think about this.

Complete E-Mail Addresses for Congress/House, Senate, Governors & State Legislators

Gojubrian 04-28-2009 02:16 AM

Pathetic. These people have no respect for the very country that has given them prosperity and refuge!!! :mad:

Go back to what you love or have some respect to what is given to you.

Reminds me of parents with out of control teens, who never disciplined then when they were young.

I like this one better. :)

gregs887 04-28-2009 02:32 AM

Dude, this happened almost three years ago. snopes.com: Mexican Flag at Montebello High School it was around the same time as the whole "Day Without a Mexican" thing (oh it was so easy getting to work that day!). Love that vet with the ka-bar cutting the flag down!

dog2000tj 04-28-2009 02:38 AM

I remember this. I also remember that Mexican workers on my project didn't show up for work that Monday. :mad:

Well the joke was on them, I gave them the rest of the week off. :D

JoeCool 04-28-2009 02:43 AM

It angers me that no one stood up to take that flag down, like the vet in 2nd post. I would happily take a beating from the crowd who are disrespecting my country as I take down their flag.

Gojubrian 04-28-2009 02:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dog2000tj (Post 99680)
I remember this. I also remember that Mexican workers on my project didn't show up for work that Monday. :mad:

Well the joke was on them, I gave them the rest of the week off. :D

Nice one!!! :cool:

MrKimber 04-28-2009 04:18 AM

Sorry, didn't know it was older news. But it still pisses me off.

gregs887 04-28-2009 04:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrKimber (Post 99710)
Sorry, didn't know it was older news. But it still pisses me off.

No worries. As a Southern Kalifornian I had this rammed down my throat for a while. Once that "Day Without a Mexican" failed (and by failed I mean most of the state loved having traffic free streets for a day...backfire!) most of this attitude kind of died off. With amnesty talk picking up steam again it'll be interesting to see what happens down here....

dunerunner 04-28-2009 04:28 AM

Problem is, these things go unpunished. These kids should have gotten expelled from the public school system and their parents made to pay for their education in a private school until they completed their mandatory 12th year or reached 18. The world needs ditch diggers, too!! :mad:

CA357 04-28-2009 04:59 AM

Looks like enough rope for a hanging or two.