monkey see, monkey do?!? - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > monkey see, monkey do?!?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-19-2009, 01:33 PM   #11
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 54 Times on 35 Posts
Likes Given: 12

Don't mistake an incident for media hype. I've been following the statistics for some larger cities for many years, and shootings/murder is down. But according to the "news media", it's an epidemic.

Cases similar to this one have always been around, and they happen fairly often. The difference is wide-spread media hype. It wasn't that long ago that a situation (like this one) wouldn't make it past local news. Now, any and all "gun related" incidences make it to national hype. Why? For ANTI-GUN propaganda. It's just that simple.

Old 04-19-2009, 09:44 PM   #12
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark F View Post
Don't mistake an incident for media hype. I've been following the statistics for some larger cities for many years, and shootings/murder is down. But according to the "news media", it's an epidemic.

Cases similar to this one have always been around, and they happen fairly often. The difference is wide-spread media hype. It wasn't that long ago that a situation (like this one) wouldn't make it past local news. Now, any and all "gun related" incidences make it to national hype. Why? For ANTI-GUN propaganda. It's just that simple.
I think the reason these are making the news more is the fact that many of these killers have a decent family. Usually the "everyday" killings that don't make it past local news are the killing of ex-spouses or ex-bosses. Quite a few people are killing their entire family, even though there are major family factors (like a pending divorce). It seems to be financial and/or mental issues that trigger them...

We are used to seeing someone kill an ex, but not a normal, healthy family.