monkey see, monkey do?!?
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > monkey see, monkey do?!?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-17-2009, 08:04 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Default monkey see, monkey do?!?

Police: 3 dead in California hospital shooting

Read the story link above and look for the police chief's quote about the "motive" for this "rampage". He is basically blaming other rampages for this one happening. He's not placing blame on the killer. he places a little blame on the economy by saying that these are stressful times, but mainly he setting the country up for an easy out.

A copy cat, monkey see monkey do sort of scapegoat... Nothing about this person's personal morals, good/evil, history of violence... Nope, just that public shootings are happing a lot right now, so that's why this one must've happened.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 04-17-2009, 11:05 AM   #2
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 54 Times on 35 Posts
Likes Given: 12

News Agencies are supposed to "REPORT" not "SURMISE" the news...

Old 04-17-2009, 12:53 PM   #3

Liked 3735 Times on 1824 Posts
Likes Given: 13270

Calling someone out on their bad behavior, poor judgment and reckless lifestyle is not PC. If everyone of these criminals were called out than how would the govm'nt be able to stand up and say "we can protect you, all you need to do is surrender your rights".

Oh and by the way, news reporting sucks balls.

Old 04-17-2009, 01:15 PM   #4

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

The overwhelming majority of LE brass are anti-gun. That's how they got to be appointed. It wouldn't sit well with Liberal Mayors and Governors to have their LE puppets discredit what they have been trying for years to propogate, namely, an anti-gun agenda. But being a nation of sheep, the people buy into this line of BS and trust that LE will protect them, despite the countless statistics that prove otherwise.

Pain is Weakness Leaving the Body - USMC
"Qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum"

Old 04-17-2009, 01:31 PM   #5

Liked 11 Times on 9 Posts

I don’t feel this was a random shooting like other recent events. This guy walked in shot his supervisors then himself. He wasn’t there to kill everyone just to make news. There must have been some motive; at least in his mind.

Old 04-17-2009, 01:45 PM   #6
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 2872 Times on 1496 Posts
Likes Given: 257

Quote:
Originally Posted by rl357mag View Post
the overwhelming majority of le brass are anti-gun. That's how they got to be appointed. It wouldn't sit well with liberal mayors and governors to have their le puppets discredit what they have been trying for years to propogate, namely, an anti-gun agenda. But being a nation of sheep, the people buy into this line of bs and trust that le will protect them, despite the countless statistics that prove otherwise.
very true!

In life, strive to take the high road....It offers a better field of fire.
"Robo is right" Fuzzball

Old 04-17-2009, 02:33 PM   #7

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

Another sad situation. I'd be interested to know the background, sounds personal.

Disgruntled worker? Affair? Who knows, but the only ones that suffer are those left behind like his 14yr old son.

Old 04-18-2009, 04:35 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by dog2000tj View Post
Oh and by the way, news reporting sucks balls.
You said a mouthful there.

Old 04-19-2009, 12:52 AM   #9
WDB

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

The media seems quick to humanize the killer in most of these stories and needs to stop. It is truly poor reporting when the media tries to provide a reasonable excuse for killing unarmed innocent people. THERE IS NO REASONABLE EXCUSE

Best to just call them a cowardly scub bag and focus on the good people he murdered with out a chance to defend themselves. I get it for some people life sucks so bad they decide to kill themself but they don't need to kill innocent people as well.

Old 04-19-2009, 08:14 AM   #10

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RL357Mag View Post
The overwhelming majority of LE brass are anti-gun. That's how they got to be appointed. It wouldn't sit well with Liberal Mayors and Governors to have their LE puppets discredit what they have been trying for years to propogate, namely, an anti-gun agenda. But being a nation of sheep, the people buy into this line of BS and trust that LE will protect them, despite the countless statistics that prove otherwise.
I have to admit, if I were a cop, I might just want there to be very strict gun control laws. If only the criminals had guns, I'd be less worried about a victim accidentally shooting me while I investigated the 911 call. It happens sometimes where the police officer is mistaken for the criminal by the person who called 911...

Also, officers have shot the victim on accident, when they saw a firearm at the 911 location. Either scenario is not good.

Now, I'm NOT advocating more gun control here. I'm just saying I understand one reason why police may want less guns available to the general public. It's not a good enough reason to take away our rights, but I can see why certain officers would think that way.