money to burn
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House >

money to burn

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-07-2011, 01:24 AM   #1
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 6822 Times on 3625 Posts
Likes Given: 513

Default money to burn

if you had 2000$ you had to spend what would you do with it??

rules:
must be spent on a toy of some sort
cant use it to pay bills
cant use it to invest or start new accounts
cant buy ammunition
cant be given to a friend or relative
must be used on yourself for your own selfish goals
------------------------

i think i would buy a sidescan sonar unit for my fishing boat. maybe i could actually FIND a fish and have a chance to catch one.
"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

"I crapped my pants to avoid the draft!!" -Ted Nugent

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 04-07-2011, 01:29 AM   #2

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3488 Times on 1612 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Okay. Is your house in order? Are both vehicles up to date on maintenance? Any generator's in your possession, fire extinguishers, first aid kits up to date and current?

This is a 'what gun next' issue? Yes??

Old 04-07-2011, 01:35 AM   #3
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 6822 Times on 3625 Posts
Likes Given: 513

not neccessarily. just cant be used on current bills as in living expenses. you can use to buy guns or knives things for your ride but it has to be something for your own use. 200000 pieces of gum if you want heh.

i got a definate list of firearms still to buy. just curious to see what people like for themselves
"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

"I crapped my pants to avoid the draft!!" -Ted Nugent

Old 04-07-2011, 01:35 AM   #4

Liked 109 Times on 46 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Road Trip to the FTF, El Paso Meet & Greet.
"As an American, I was not so shocked that Obama was given the Nobel Peace Prize without any accomplishments to his name, but that America gave him the White House based on the same credentials"...Newt Gingrich

The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living.

Old 04-07-2011, 01:38 AM   #5

Liked 34 Times on 24 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Car54 View Post
Road Trip to the FTF, El Paso Meet & Greet.
I'm with Car54, cause that's about what it would cost me!!

Old 04-07-2011, 01:43 AM   #6

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

I would get myself set up for reloading. What I didn't spend on equipment would be spent on bullets, powder and primers.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

Old 04-07-2011, 01:49 AM   #7
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 85 Times on 55 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Generator....at that price it wouldn't power the entire house but I could run the fridge/freezer and the water heater or the well. Enough where our food wouldn't go bad, we would still have fresh water and could bath in warm water.

"the only 911 call I need is chambering a round" - Mr. Muller, MO car dealer

Old 04-07-2011, 02:03 AM   #8

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3488 Times on 1612 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Quote:
Originally Posted by spittinfire View Post
Generator....at that price it wouldn't power the entire house but I could run the fridge/freezer and the water heater or the well. Enough where our food wouldn't go bad, we would still have fresh water and could bath in warm water.
Quoted for Truth.

If you don't have one, now is the time to get one. Having power when no one else does is a feeling of security known by the few. I would highly recommend getting a set up for plug in style portable generator, or consider putting the $2K down on a one year, no interest pad mount that will run your whole house.

We have one that is tied into the gas line. ATS to kick in after 8-10 seconds of no line power. Powerful enough to run the whole house plus, so when we lose power, we are out for a few seconds and loving life.

The neighbors? Not so much.

The natural gas line, the main, is approximately 36" to 50" below grade in any part of Washington, Oregon and Kalifornia. I don't know about anywhere else I am afraid. But at that depth, the temperature never really changes more than a few degrees off of 68. Very limited possibility of freeze, break or interference short of an earthquake or an "accident".

Because the NGL (Natural Gas Line) is federally regulated on reporting number of customers on line and number out of service, the backbone is monitored, and constantly upgraded, to insure it will remain in service. This is a good thing if your generator support is tied to such a backbone.

JD

Old 04-07-2011, 02:27 AM   #9

Liked 36 Times on 26 Posts
Likes Given: 48

I'd put it towards a couple of new IOR 2.5-10 scopes. Was just thinking about buying them.

SAF-Life
PEIAPOI

"Obama has ordered the launching of more Tomahawk cruise missiles than All the other Nobel Peace Prize winners combined."

Old 04-07-2011, 03:25 AM   #10
Administrator
FTF_ADMIN.png

Liked 10993 Times on 4760 Posts
Likes Given: 1805

Got guns. Got power. Got toys.

Spring break. Ft Lauderdale, or Ft Walton Beach. Toes in water, butt in sand, drink in hand, surrounded by nubile teens that have a fixation on Santa Claus.