Moment of inspiration, or crackpot idea? - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Moment of inspiration, or crackpot idea?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-18-2012, 12:24 PM   #21
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1768 Times on 989 Posts
Likes Given: 1302

Quote:
What bothered me was a study that showed, 80 percent of accidents were caused by licensed drivers. Since only 20% of the accidents were unlicensed drivers. Since most of the accidents were caused by licensed drivers, the obvious solution would be to limit driving my licensed drivers.
We had a serious crash recently involving two cars. Since shots were fired later I guess this qualifies for a gun forum. Anyway, one driver was driving while suspended as a habitual traffic violator, and the other driver had never had a driver's license. Both were in their 30's. I wonder how California would rate that one

Old 11-18-2012, 02:55 PM   #22
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21697 Times on 12308 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc3402 View Post
We had a serious crash recently involving two cars. Since shots were fired later I guess this qualifies for a gun forum. Anyway, one driver was driving while suspended as a habitual traffic violator, and the other driver had never had a driver's license. Both were in their 30's. I wonder how California would rate that one
normal?.....

Old 11-19-2012, 10:27 AM   #23
Big TOW
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 6321 Times on 3154 Posts
Likes Given: 6789

Please, no more new laws! We have plenty of 0ld ones that dont work that well already, thanks anyways! Truth is, Alcohol related Accidents arent prosecuted with the vigor they need to be especially if you can afford a good Lawyer! My dad paid the ultimate price for his Drinking and Driving in the 60's after playing Russian Roulette for years- dead wrong behind the wheel, luckily, he was the only victim other than his young wife and 3 children left behind.

The drunks that hurt or kill people still get reduced sentences because its treated more like poor judgement than the crime it is. Add to that, kids nowadays are driving before they even learn the definition of responsibility. Its interesting that we find it important to have lots of training and instruction to fire a weapon yet not so much to propel a 4000 lb round down populated highways and through neighborhoods.

The laws we have are more than enough to apprehend and prosecute folks that dont get it! We just need to make damn sure they dont get a chance to do it again any time soon, my dad had at least 3 minor alcohol related accidents prior to his final fatal one. Education and Harsh Punishment are the only deterrents to making poor choices.

Old 11-19-2012, 01:34 PM   #24
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21697 Times on 12308 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

well said WebFos! years ago i worked as tow truck driver at nights and weekends, and saw firsthand the aftermath of alcohol related accidents, and trust me, they were not pretty sights at all. drinking and driving do not mix. just like guns and alcohol don't mix.

Old 11-19-2012, 02:07 PM   #25
The only democracy and friend in the region
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Location: Eatonville,Washington. My nearest neighbors are cows.
Liked 1797 Times on 998 Posts
Likes Given: 5415

Quote:
Originally Posted by WebleyFosbery38 View Post
Please, no more new laws!
Amen, when a society has too many laws,the citizens no longer know what these laws are, nor do they respect those laws when the learn of them

Now, I need to get back to driving and post on another forum.

............ just kidding (1)

FootNotes
1 I add this because some readers may not understand my lack of wit.
axxe55 Likes This 
Old 11-20-2012, 02:03 AM   #26

Liked 134 Times on 109 Posts
Likes Given: 43

What is funny before drunk driving laws were really enforced we didn't have many alcohol related crashes. People that had to much to drink didn't evade checkpoints. if you were drunk an officer drove you home. If you were disrespectful you spent a night in the can and paid a wrecker bill. Law enforcement was able to get drunks off the road.

Now every party has a text network. By the time the people who have had to much to drink leave the party they know a route where there is no law enforcement present. Drunk driving laws do exactly the opposite of what they are supposed to do.

"I do not aim with my hand; I aim with my eye. He who aims with his hand has forgotten the face of his father.
I do not shoot with my hand; I shoot with my mind. He who shoots with his hand has forgotten the face of his father.
I do not kill with my gun; I kill with my heart. He who kills with his gun has forgotten the face of his father."

Adopt a pet!! http://www.aspca.org/ Some of the finest pleasure horses come from here: http://www.canterusa.org/

KG7IL Likes This