Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Mom passed away

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-12-2012, 02:07 AM   #41
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1173 Times on 509 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

Hang tough and keep on the high road. It may not end well, but it will end and you'll walk away clean.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 09-12-2012, 03:58 AM   #42
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 7659 Times on 4419 Posts
Likes Given: 9868

I went through the same crap with my (out)-laws before my FIL passed on, they threatened to have his utilities cut off unless we gave them his checkbook and all house keys. This was while he was in the hospital with a stroke that was induced by----- you guessed it, an attack by his own alcoholic daughter one night. Oh, and just as frosting, my BIL was demanding that I turn over all of the firearms, including one specific Marlin 30/30 that was mine to begin with and I had stored in my FIL's house when my kids were born because I didn't have a gun safe at the time. Funny thing is that my FIL had signed over all of his guns, notarized in writing with serial numbers noted, to me a year or so before that.

Don't give an inch but also don't make a move impulsively either. Stay strong. Don't take the bait.

Old 09-12-2012, 06:15 PM   #43
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5731 Times on 3358 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Would it be illegal to stuff roadkill into somebody's mailbox in your state? just curious

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 09-12-2012, 07:13 PM   #44
Ain't she sweet?
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 6636 Times on 4015 Posts
Likes Given: 7894

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello View Post
Would it be illegal to stuff roadkill into somebody's mailbox in your state? just curious
Yes. Legally, the only thing that can go into a federal mailbox is the mail.

You'll have to drop it on the front porch or on the hood of his car......

Or hide it in the landscape so he can smell it but not be able to find it easily.

Old 09-13-2012, 12:28 AM   #45
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 736 Times on 450 Posts
Likes Given: 155

After dad passed almost a decade ago, mom sold my cousin
94 Winchester
38 spl
22 revolver (never registered, IRC, it walked out of the mfg plant)

for a whopping $1k, and then he came bragging to me the rifle appraised at 10k, I don't remember the caliber, 10k does sound a LOT high, and I do doubt it, but it was grandpa's rifle. Mom "claims" she asked me, but I sure don't remember the conversation.

As to holding my head high, absolutely. EVERYTHING I did was right, and ALWAYS in mom's best interest. She made some unfortunately bad decisions that I couldn't change or fix. That dream was really a telling point to me. I maybe able to work some amazing solutions, but there's only so much a mortal can do.