Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Mom Broke Her Hip

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-01-2013, 11:03 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 276 Times on 224 Posts
Likes Given: 1220

God speed to her recovery Vikingdad!!

Old 04-02-2013, 01:44 AM   #22

Liked 515 Times on 325 Posts
Likes Given: 952

I hope you're mom makes a speedy recovery.

Jeremy

Member: NRA

The constitution of the United States asserts that all power is inherent in the people, that they may exercise it by themselves, that it is their right and duty to be at all times armed!” – Thomas Jefferson

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Old 04-02-2013, 01:56 AM   #23
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 19588 Times on 11118 Posts
Likes Given: 49311

Vikingdad, i just saw this thread and i hope your mother is doing better and wish her a speedy recovery.

Old 04-02-2013, 03:43 AM   #24
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 7668 Times on 4425 Posts
Likes Given: 9890

I am with her now, had to work late, had a bite at home and came over. Its past visiting hours but I never pay any attention to them anyhow (never have). They have stopped the narcotics because she is still getting nausious and a little loopy. She keeps thinking she is at home sitting on her chair in her bedroom and she asks when she can go to bed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello View Post
Best wishes to your Mom her recovery!

A sympathetic Kiss My Butt to the "don't intrude" crap . She's your mother; if your brother didn't want you intruding to visit her, he shouldn't have had her move in. Maybe you could get her some easy-care wind chimes and such instead of plants.

As to the door, if it isn't repaired by the time she comes home, maybe you could lend a hand. Maybe you could add one of those gas piston things that closes the door for her. (the accountant part of me wonders what a door repair costs vs. the cost of a hip repair, just the monetary cost, sorry.)
That's pretty much my attitude. I have always visited unannounced (so she doesn't get upset if I am unable to make it), and she enjoys the spontaneity. My brother rarely visited her in her own house. He said it was just as much trouble to visit Mom as it was to visit his in-laws. Mom's house is maybe an hour drive, but his in-laws live in Hawaii! WTF?

Shoot me an email at vikingdad995@gmail.com

Check out the Firearmstalk Podcasts with Vikingdad and DrFootball! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/firearms-talk-podcast/id778007899

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.

Old 04-02-2013, 05:49 AM   #25
Ain't she sweet?
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 6683 Times on 4040 Posts
Likes Given: 7948

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad View Post
I am with her now, had to work late, had a bite at home and came over. Its past visiting hours but I never pay any attention to them anyhow (never have).
They never kick anyone out anymore. "Visiting hours" are for the neighbors, co-workers, etc. Not for family. Family is almost encouraged to be there.

Old 04-02-2013, 02:02 PM   #26

Liked 276 Times on 224 Posts
Likes Given: 1220

Your right Winds when my first wife was in icu I came and went anytime all hours.

Old 04-02-2013, 02:27 PM   #27
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 7668 Times on 4425 Posts
Likes Given: 9890

I have always ignored visiting hours regardless of my relationship to the patient. If asked I will say I am a brother, son, or whatever. Sometimes it has caused great hilarity!

Shoot me an email at vikingdad995@gmail.com

Check out the Firearmstalk Podcasts with Vikingdad and DrFootball! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/firearms-talk-podcast/id778007899

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.
People Like This 
Old 04-02-2013, 06:26 PM   #28
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 862 Times on 577 Posts
Likes Given: 1137

^LOL I heard that VikingDad. Same occured to me many years ago My good friends mom was hospitalized. I told nurse I was a son also. She looked at my tall and Caucasian SELF comparing ME to my Japanese family. I told the nurse I was the product of the milk deliveryman.

Become steel or get cut.

Last edited by Steel_Talon; 04-03-2013 at 06:58 PM. Reason: spelling
People Like This 
Old 04-02-2013, 06:46 PM   #29
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2153 Times on 1073 Posts
Likes Given: 1098

Vikingdad,

I have saying a prayer for your mom the last several days knowing how this issue can be for older folks. Glad she is doing well and beginning to heal. Best to you and it is always a hard time when a parent has to live with one child or another. And worse when a terrible decision has to be made when they can no longer live with the family. We went through that last year. Since Dad is no longer mobile at all and is dead weight. Good news he is still sharp as a tack. But happy with his new room arrangements, likes the nurses and they like him. We sure need enjoy them while we have them. Thanks to you for being there when she needs you!

The Constitution is not an instrument for the Government to restrain the people. It is an instrument for the people to restrain the Government!
*Patrick Henry

Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."

-- John F. Kennedy

People Like This 
Old 04-02-2013, 09:26 PM   #30
+ TRES VERBO DICTUM +
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1600 Times on 833 Posts
Likes Given: 1288

When I worked the floor, I was glad to have a patient's family & friend present. More eyes on the post-op patient the better as far as I was concerned. If they came to me and complained the patient didn't get their toast or that their toast was cold or something, it tells me the patient is during just fine. If they helped them to the bathroom, that was nice too. If the patient started to feel nauseous or turn purple or something, they could find me & tell me and I could do something about it myself, or get on the horn before it became a real emergency. I think you'll find in most hospitals the 'Visiting Hours' are there just to be able to kick out those people who are no help whatsoever and a real PITA.

Last edited by Vincine; 04-03-2013 at 10:24 AM.
People Like This