To The MODERATORS....
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House >

To The MODERATORS....


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-03-2012, 11:00 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: ST.LOUIS,missouri
Posts: 2,555
Liked 132 Times on 109 Posts
Likes Given: 246

Default To The MODERATORS....

To The Moderators...Just Curious....What is the STUPIDS thing you guys have seen or have had to deal with besides me asking stupid questions like this-one ????....Have you banned trol's just by the questions they asked on there first or second post and you could tell who they are???....I bet you have some good stories.......
LONGHAIR is offline  
 
Reply With Quote

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here


Old 01-03-2012, 11:38 AM   #2
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Yunus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: |,Maryland
Posts: 5,192
Liked 1429 Times on 846 Posts
Likes Given: 440

Default

Me when I first came to the board. They had to deal with me.

Hoger? Was that the guy's name, there have been at least 5 or 6 that I'm sure just naming will raise the blood pressure of some mods but he's the only one I can think of off the top of my head.

I don't think many if anyone gets banned on their first post and if they do it's probably forgotten about quickly because no one ever had the chance to know them. Search for the moon landing hoax thread, that guy is just crazy.
__________________
"Good people drink good beer."
Hunter S. Thompson
Yunus is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 11:50 AM   #3
Administrator
FTF_ADMIN.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
c3shooter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Third bunker on the right,Central Virginia
Posts: 18,336
Liked 10954 Times on 4746 Posts
Likes Given: 1800

Default

About the only folks that get a rock dropped on them on the first post are spammers.

We have had a few loonies- as long as they wipe their feet, don't make messes in the house, and do not annoy the other inmates too much, we sorta leave them alone- but sooner or later, someone is going to find a stick and start poking them.

Lack of manners, deliberately starting a flame war, name calling- usually gets you an edit, a private message, sometimes an invite to go sit down and be quiet a while. Once in a while we get someone with the maturity of a 12 yr old that may choose to self destruct in a spectacular fashion. Folks that want to give instructions in highly illegal acts- frankly, we just cannot afford to let that happen. Bu-bye.

There WAS the guy not too long ago that was seeking assistance in committing suicide, and the "faked his own death" one. But most are two folks getting into a pissing match (never smart around electrical equipment)

Stupid questions? Not a problem. People that give a stupid answer and INSIST it is right- can be problem.
__________________
What we have here is... failure- to communicate.
c3shooter is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 03:55 PM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Detroit,mi
Posts: 3,488
Liked 1375 Times on 809 Posts
Likes Given: 252

Default

In another forum I moderate, we had a highly intelligent and generally useful member that would occassionally go off his meds (seriously) and attack people. That and one member called the admin (female) a not so nice word that begins with a C. My biggest nemisis is with the India/Paki/China spammers. They've actually gotten pretty good at it.
partdeux is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 06:58 PM   #5
Administrator
FTF_ADMIN.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
notdku's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Hill Country,Texas
Posts: 5,563
Liked 702 Times on 388 Posts
Likes Given: 729

Default

One would think that a firearm forum would have a large batch of crazies but it's been pretty civil. Not too many extreme cases.

Once we got a contact from an LEO regarding, IIRC, a 5 poster who shot their Mother with the same gun they were posting about just prior.
__________________
Not Registered? Register now! - It's free and helps the community grow.
notdku is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 07:13 PM   #6
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Reno,Texas
Posts: 10,211
Liked 6579 Times on 3639 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Default

I remember one member that for the several months that was here (do not remeber his name), always argued with everyone. Everything was a pissing contest and he never backed up his arguments. He eventually got into one too many arguments and got a serious beat down with a ban stick.

There was our super secret mall ninja (Gecko45) that was asking about body armor and wether or not he should wear some on his back too.

The Chinese spammer that was writing poetry (if you can call it that) with links to escorts (AKA expensive hookers) in every major US city.

The 13 year old that got banned and decided to pick a fight with c3. Guess who won that one.

Vito77 who first asked if there was a forum better than this one, and then called us all a bunch of jackasses for getting defensive about it. (technically, he wasn't banned, but left of his own free will and is no longer here.)

Walley who decided that he didn't like us and left. For some reason, he felt the need to announce his departure.

That guy who shot those hogs on a (basically caged) hunt, and posted the pictures and videos (of a very unclean and prolonged kill) of it. Then bragged about it. (I don't remember if he got banned, but I'm pretty sure he did. He's not here anymore anyways.)

We also cannot forget all the threads that were closed because either it was going in a bad direction, or because somebody decided to resurrect a 3 year old thread. Dang zombies.

Those are just the rare, major cases that I know of. Otherwise, it is pretty civil.

Thank you to all the mods and notdku for everything you do to keep this site great.

Last edited by texaswoodworker; 01-03-2012 at 07:19 PM.
texaswoodworker is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 07:21 PM   #7
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Reno,Texas
Posts: 10,211
Liked 6579 Times on 3639 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by notdku View Post
Once we got a contact from an LEO regarding, IIRC, a 5 poster who shot their Mother with the same gun they were posting about just prior.
Thats horrible. Did they catch him?
texaswoodworker is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 08:07 PM   #8
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
vincent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: MLF
Posts: 4,122
Liked 1961 Times on 1033 Posts
Likes Given: 4288

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by texaswoodworker View Post
I remember one member that for the several months that was here (do not remeber his name), always argued with everyone. Everything was a pissing contest and he never backed up his arguments. He eventually got into one too many arguments and got a serious beat down with a ban stick.

There was our super secret mall ninja (Gecko45) that was asking about body armor and wether or not he should wear some on his back too.

The Chinese spammer that was writing poetry (if you can call it that) with links to escorts (AKA expensive hookers) in every major US city.

The 13 year old that got banned and decided to pick a fight with c3. Guess who won that one.

Vito77 who first asked if there was a forum better than this one, and then called us all a bunch of jackasses for getting defensive about it. (technically, he wasn't banned, but left of his own free will and is no longer here.)

Walley who decided that he didn't like us and left. For some reason, he felt the need to announce his departure.

That guy who shot those hogs on a (basically caged) hunt, and posted the pictures and videos (of a very unclean and prolonged kill) of it. Then bragged about it. (I don't remember if he got banned, but I'm pretty sure he did. He's not here anymore anyways.)

We also cannot forget all the threads that were closed because either it was going in a bad direction, or because somebody decided to resurrect a 3 year old thread. Dang zombies.

Those are just the rare, major cases that I know of. Otherwise, it is pretty civil.

Thank you to all the mods and notdku for everything you do to keep this site great.
Yep, bringing back the dead threads seems to be in vouge lately...let's not forget about the open carry "advocates" who shall remain nameless even though we all know who they are...
__________________
EFFIN' TOF...
vincent is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 08:38 PM   #9
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: West, by God, Funroe,Louisiana
Posts: 18,707
Liked 9212 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by texaswoodworker View Post
I remember one member that for the several months that was here (do not remeber his name), always argued with everyone. Everything was a pissing contest and he never backed up his arguments. He eventually got into one too many arguments and got a serious beat down with a ban stick.
I'm not sure if I remember the one your talking about, or if I was here at the time, but I remember a guy who fits the description. He would somehow manage to go off even when someone agreed with him. Lame. If it's the same guy, I'll go on the record, I hated that douche.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincent View Post
Yep, bringing back the dead threads seems to be in vouge lately...let's not forget about the open carry "advocates" who shall remain nameless even though we all know who they are...
I still bring one of those up. Glad he didn't last long here at all.
trip286 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 08:50 PM   #10
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
dragunovsks's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: West of Louisville KY,Indiana
Posts: 2,310
Liked 201 Times on 138 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by notdku
One would think that a firearm forum would have a large batch of crazies but it's been pretty civil. Not too many extreme cases.

Once we got a contact from an LEO regarding, IIRC, a 5 poster who shot their Mother with the same gun they were posting about just prior.
Haha, proof that gun lovers arent a bunch of right wing extremists nutjobs...well most of us arent.

Actually from what ive witnessed its the occasional anti gun goof that wanders in that are nutjobs....weve seen a couple of them too havent we?
__________________
Century Arms AR-15A2, 5.56
1946 Mosin-Nagant M44, 7.62x54R
1978 YUGO SKS, 7.62x39
NEF Protector Pump, 12 gauge
Savage Model 64, .22LR
NEF Pardner Tracker II, 12 gauge
Rock Island Armory 1911A1, .45 ACP
Remington 870 'Express Magnum' 12 gauge
Bersa Thunder .380
dragunovsks is online now  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
Thanks to the Moderators notdku The Club House 23 09-10-2009 12:19 PM
great job moderators! tiberius10721 Politics, Religion and Controversy 7 08-15-2009 01:01 AM



Newest Threads