Mobile devices and pet peeve - Page 5
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Mobile devices and pet peeve

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-19-2013, 10:07 PM   #41
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1767 Times on 988 Posts
Likes Given: 1302

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxe55 View Post
dammit! you forgot the green lettering again!
I apologize from the bottom of my heart. I am truly sorry for my lapse of etiquette and I will do my best to avoid a repeat in the future.

Dammit. Forgot the green lettering again.
Old 08-19-2013, 10:08 PM   #42
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21584 Times on 12248 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc3402 View Post
I apologize from the bottom of my heart. I am truly sorry for my lapse of etiquette and I will do my best to avoid a repeat in the future.

Dammit. Forgot the green lettering again.
oaky dokey! i accept your apology!

Old 08-19-2013, 10:26 PM   #43

Liked 302 Times on 166 Posts
Likes Given: 88

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjd3282 View Post
Well Fred maybe you haven't been crippled by one of these dumbasses on their phones, yet. I was and I have to live with that everyday. She doesn't even remember me. What's more, I was her third victim that month.
Why was/is she still allowed to drive? Doing foolish things with guns is punishable, why shouldn't doing foolish things with cars be punishable?
She should be punished. And I certainly think that after a certain amount of tickets or wrecks, a person's license should be taken away. My point is do we need another law? Is wreck less driving not already against the law? Perhaps some laws need to be refined, and modified, but do we need a new law for any potentially problematic driving? Make driving while playing an instrument illegal?

I think simply failure to maintain control laws are enough. Most laws like this are for revenue, not really safety. Liberals often argue that owning guns increases the potential for accidents and violence, so we should not be allowed to own guns. Like guns, if you it a person with a car, and it is your fault, you should pay for property and any injuries caused by your irresponsible behavior.

Very sorry that you were injured.
Old 08-20-2013, 12:16 AM   #44

Liked 2525 Times on 1135 Posts
Likes Given: 2429

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred_G View Post
She should be punished. And I certainly think that after a certain amount of tickets or wrecks, a person's license should be taken away. My point is do we need another law? Is wreck less driving not already against the law? Perhaps some laws need to be refined, and modified, but do we need a new law for any potentially problematic driving? Make driving while playing an instrument illegal?

I think simply failure to maintain control laws are enough. Most laws like this are for revenue, not really safety. Liberals often argue that owning guns increases the potential for accidents and violence, so we should not be allowed to own guns. Like guns, if you it a person with a car, and it is your fault, you should pay for property and any injuries caused by your irresponsible behavior.

You are right about the new laws Fred we don't need more, we need the police to enforce the ones we have. Seems like the only thing they want to enforce is speed limits. This time I did hit the "like" button on purpose.
Old 08-20-2013, 08:53 AM   #45
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Unfortunately we already know she is a scofflaw. Taking her license won't do any good. Taking her car will be the most likely way to keep her off the streets, and that isn't a sure thing.

Old 08-20-2013, 10:57 AM   #46
Big TOW
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 6139 Times on 3041 Posts
Likes Given: 6518

Quote:

^^^^^^yes to This^^^^

If a tree falls in the forest, does it matter if nobody is standing underneath it? Now if you cut a tree down and it falls on a person, thats a crime. These new rules are Mom and Dad mandates and punishments not Legal policy in action.

We have all the laws needed to run 6 societies and so many that we need a PHD in law to grasp half of what were supposed to not be ignorant of!

Seatbelt, Cellphone and other specifically banned practices driving no-no's are just money makers, instant tickets where no crime needs to be assessed to be prosecuted. I know it sounds obvious to say they should be more worried about terrorism, Child abuse, Rape, Murder, Illicit Gang activities and others that seek to deny the rights of US citizens. All you need do is look at the way they invest their bounty, its clear PD's are more focused on road patrolling and ticketing than crime busting. Thats not a ding on cops, they dont make the laws or set the priorities, Administrators and Republicrats do.

In Utica and Syracuse, crime is 100 times higher than the surrounding communities. All I see is Cops in and pulling over cars. One beat cop for every 20 mechanized. Truth is, prosecuting thugs and killers doesnt pay the bills for a PDs or the court systems and they are much more dangerous than your typical DWT criminal type (Driving While Texting).

In the end, actions that have negative consequences to innocent bystanders an all be prosecuted without new Cha- Ching laws.

Last edited by WebleyFosbery38; 08-20-2013 at 11:00 AM.

Old 08-20-2013, 01:38 PM   #47

Liked 319 Times on 197 Posts
Likes Given: 399

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc3402 View Post
You know, most of the phones capable of texting also have GPS. Why can't the phone companies just disable the text function if the phone is moving faster than 10 miles an hour? Sure, it might inconvenience a passenger, but trust me, they are not so almighty important that they need to stay in touch 24/7.
Because I pay them for cell service. Not to baby sit me or my family. Am I the only one that doesn't like other people telling me what is good for my and mine?
Old 08-20-2013, 02:47 PM   #48

Liked 35 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Texting while driving is no worse than drinking and driving as far as I'm concerned, and the penalty should be the same.

Old 08-20-2013, 03:45 PM   #49
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunnut07 View Post
Because I pay them for cell service. Not to baby sit me or my family. Am I the only one that doesn't like other people telling me what is good for my and mine?
Sorry, but it's not all about you. If it's that important keep your eyes on the road and make a phone call. You are paying for cell service, right?

Old 08-20-2013, 05:02 PM   #50
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 8282 Times on 4787 Posts
Likes Given: 10713

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bootsdeal View Post
Texting while driving is no worse than drinking and driving as far as I'm concerned, and the penalty should be the same.
And I can do both exceedingly well!

Shoot me an email at vikingdad995@gmail.com

Check out the Firearmstalk Podcasts with Vikingdad and DrFootball! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/firearms-talk-podcast/id778007899

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.