Mobile devices and pet peeve
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Mobile devices and pet peeve

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-17-2013, 11:02 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Chainfire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 3,784
Liked 1654 Times on 986 Posts
Likes Given: 361

Default Mobile devices and pet peeve

I have a warning for all of you, and you know who you are, butt-heads who drive down the street while posting on your social media devices. I see it every day, some lame sombich, hiding his or her device below the window, while bobbing and weaving down the street, spending more time looking at his or her lap than out the windshield.

One of you is going to run over me. When you do, I am going to put that cell phone someplace that a proctologist will have to probe for hours to find. If you hurt one of my family I may just put you out of your misery. For me, life in prison may only be five years, I can take it.

I am quite sincere, and you are forewarned, act accordingly.

__________________

"It is better to be too skeptical then too credulous"

Carl Sagan


Last edited by Chainfire; 08-17-2013 at 11:06 PM.
Chainfire is offline  
6
People Like This 
Reply With Quote

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here


Old 08-17-2013, 11:35 PM   #2
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
DrumJunkie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Here in the holler....
Posts: 4,823
Liked 1616 Times on 944 Posts
Likes Given: 1894

Default

I never understood the desire to check my email in traffic. But I see lot of people doing to. The birth of smart phones made it much more prevalent.

__________________

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
Thomas Jefferson

DrumJunkie is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 11:40 PM   #3
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 28,709
Liked 21997 Times on 12402 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainfire View Post
I have a warning for all of you, and you know who you are, butt-heads who drive down the street while posting on your social media devices. I see it every day, some lame sombich, hiding his or her device below the window, while bobbing and weaving down the street, spending more time looking at his or her lap than out the windshield.

One of you is going to run over me. When you do, I am going to put that cell phone someplace that a proctologist will have to probe for hours to find. If you hurt one of my family I may just put you out of your misery. For me, life in prison may only be five years, I can take it.

I am quite sincere, and you are forewarned, act accordingly.
i understand your fustration and anger, but putting such comments out on an open forum could come back to haunt you one day. just saying.
__________________
Axxe55 is offline  
2
People Like This 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 11:47 PM   #4
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 6,698
Liked 2606 Times on 1481 Posts
Likes Given: 2004

Default

I can't make, talk to someone,or answer a call on this thing.

BUT they call it a "smart" phone.

Well, if it's so "smart" how come the on-off switch

and the volume control are hellishly positioned

where you hold the phone to talk on it? WHY?

WHY, HUH?

__________________
therewolf is offline  
2
People Like This 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 11:58 PM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
DFlynt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Festus, Missouri
Posts: 3,044
Liked 1787 Times on 1170 Posts
Likes Given: 1551

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by therewolf View Post
I can't make, talk to someone,or answer a call on this thing.

BUT they call it a "smart" phone.

Well, if it's so "smart" how come the on-off switch

and the volume control are hellishly positioned

where you hold the phone to talk on it? WHY?

WHY, HUH?
The phone is "smart" they didn't say anything about the people who designed it being "smart".
__________________

“Somebody has to speak for these people. Y'all got on this boat for different reasons, but y'all come to the same place. So now I'm asking more of you than I have before. Maybe all. Sure as I know anything, I know this—they will try again. Maybe on another world, maybe on this very ground swept clean. A year from now, ten? They'll swing back to the belief that they can make people...better. And I do not hold to that. So no more runnin'. I aim to misbehave.” Mal Reynolds Serenity/Firefly

DFlynt is offline  
3
People Like This 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 12:21 AM   #6
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 6,698
Liked 2606 Times on 1481 Posts
Likes Given: 2004

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFlynt View Post
The phone is "smart" they didn't say anything about the people who designed it being "smart".
They're BOTH dumbass, if you ask me.

WHAT MORON tested this product?

They didn't have ANY problems with it?
__________________
therewolf is offline  
3
People Like This 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 12:35 AM   #7
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Gatoragn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: North GA. Back home in Dixieland.
Posts: 3,526
Liked 1262 Times on 709 Posts
Likes Given: 534

Default

Ole Junior says it best, Hang Up And Drive

__________________
Gatoragn is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 04:10 AM   #8
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Lima,Ohio
Posts: 3,095
Liked 2775 Times on 1249 Posts
Likes Given: 2665

Default

Damn it Chain I've had to agree with you twice in one day. Stop it.

__________________
rjd3282 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 04:19 AM   #9
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
dwmiller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Madisen, In
Posts: 1,044
Liked 401 Times on 303 Posts
Likes Given: 552

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrumJunkie View Post
I never understood the desire to check my email in traffic. But I see lot of people doing to. The birth of smart phones made it much more prevalent.
The Smartphone just made the dumbasses that much worse by comparison
__________________

"You know why there's a Second Amendment? In case the government fails to follow the first one."
-- Rush Limbaugh, in a moment of unaccustomed profundity

"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government"
-- Thomas Jefferson, 1 Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

"MOLON LABE" - Come and get them, can't be any plainer than that!

dwmiller is offline  
DrumJunkie Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 07:05 AM   #10
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
303tom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Missouri
Posts: 3,960
Liked 1343 Times on 913 Posts
Likes Given: 1446

Default

Don`t have one, don`t want one !................

__________________

When all else fails.

303tom is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
My pet Peeve: Whining cops Chainfire The Club House 13 07-28-2013 11:02 PM
What is your biggest GUN OWNER pet peeve? PrimePorkchop The Club House 576 08-13-2012 11:39 AM
My Pet Peeve gandog56 Curio & Relic Discussion 36 10-12-2010 05:50 AM
Home defense pet peeve. boatme98 The Club House 23 01-13-2010 01:51 AM