Mob Attacks Chicago - Page 4
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Mob Attacks Chicago

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-14-2012, 05:40 AM   #31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2459 Times on 1595 Posts

Dunno, I carry gunpowder in ohio.

Feral cat waterboarder

Old 06-14-2012, 10:52 AM   #32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 660 Times on 403 Posts
Likes Given: 3700

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad View Post
Yeah, that's what I'm saying. I don't believe that there are any open or concealed carry laws regarding pepper spray or tazers. Are there?
Here's what I could find about pepper spray...

12403.7. Notwithstanding any other law, any person may purchase, possess, or use tear gas and tear gas weapons for the projection or release of tear gas if the tear gas and tear gas weapons are used solely for self-defense purposes, subject to the following requirements:
(a) No person convicted of a felony or any crime involving an assault under the laws of the United States, of the State of California, or any other state, government, or country or convicted of misuse of tear gas under subdivision (g) shall purchase, possess, or use tear gas or tear gas weapons.
(b) No person who is addicted to any narcotic drug shall purchase, possess, or use tear gas or tear gas weapons.
(c) No person shall sell or furnish any tear gas or tear gas weapon to a minor.
(d) No person who is a minor shall purchase, possess, or use tear gas or tear gas weapons.
(e)(1) No person shall purchase, possess, or use any tear gas weapon that expels a projectile, or that expels the tear gas by any method other than an aerosol spray, or that contains more than 2.5 ounces net weight of aerosol spray.
(2) Every tear gas container and tear gas weapon that may be lawfully purchased, possessed, and used pursuant to this section shall have a label that states: "WARNING: The use of this substance or device for any purpose other than self defense is a crime under the law. The contents are dangerous--use with care."
(3) After January 1, 1984, every tear gas container and tear gas weapon that may be lawfully purchased, possessed, and used pursuant to this section shall have a label that discloses the date on which the useful life of the tear gas weapon expires.
(4) Every tear gas container and tear gas weapon that may be lawfully purchased pursuant to this section shall be accompanied at the time of purchase by printed instructions for use.
(f) Effective March 1, 1994, every tear gas container and tear gas weapon that may be lawfully purchased, possessed, and used pursuant to this section shall be accompanied by an insert including directions for use, first aid information, safety and storage information, and explanation of the legal ramifications of improper use of the tear gas container or tear gas product.
(g) Any person who uses tear gas or tear gas weapons except in self-defense is guilty of a public offense and is punishable by imprisonment in a state prison for 16 months, or two or three years or in a county jail not to exceed one year or by a fine not to exceed one thousand dollars ($1,000), or by both the fine and imprisonment, except that if the use is against a peace officer, as defined in Chapter 4.5 (commencing with Section 830) of Title 3 of Part 2, engaged in the performance of his or her official duties and the person committing the offense knows or reasonably should know that the victim is a peace officer, the offense is punishable by imprisonment in a state prison for 16 months or two or three years or by a fine of one thousand dollars ($1,000), or by both the fine and imprisonment.

http://ag.ca.gov/firearms/dwcl/12401.php

From your state AG's office.

So, getting and carrying a big a$$ can of it sounds like a no no.

As far as the Tasers go, I couldn't find anything that says you can't carry them without a permit.

Insert witty comment here......

Veritas Aequitas

Vincit Omnia Veritas

Vincere est Vivere

Last edited by Mason609; 06-14-2012 at 11:01 AM.

Old 06-14-2012, 01:16 PM   #33

Liked 4787 Times on 2315 Posts
Likes Given: 1478

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombiegirl View Post
That's similar to what happened to my childhood home. The Robert Taylor projects in Chicago closed and since we were the first town on the south side.......talk about an exodus of people.
Similar to Hurricane Katrina. All the thugs went to Texas and were shocked to find that you get more than slap on the wrist for murder in the Lone Star state. Pretty sure the New Orleans dirtbags that are not still serving time in Texas have fled back to the liberal protection on the Big Easy...Probably should have left that ces pool underwater.

We don't see this crap in the PNW. Sure, we have the liberal enclaves of Portland OR and Seattle but state law over rides them and CCW is very prevelant.

Tack

Old 06-14-2012, 01:36 PM   #34

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombiegirl

I grew up on the south side of Chicago for 18 years and lived there for 25. Very glad that I moved to Indiana.
I grew up on the southside also, but I had the fortune of moving to our farm in WI after our house burnt down. Most of the kids I grew up with are or have been to jail. I remember not being able to go to the park because the gangs and drugs were so bad in that area near 31st street.

Its a shame you can't carry and its complete BS having to own a foid card and within chicago limits you have to have all your guns registered and insured. We had to make a special trip back down to the city just to get our safe and all of our guns to bring them up north. id never move back to I'LL and if I did, id move south our milwaukee or in indiana just so I can keep the nfa items and carry when the time comes when I'm able to do so.

Old 06-14-2012, 02:19 PM   #35

Liked 46 Times on 30 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wi_Hunter556

I grew up on the southside also, but I had the fortune of moving to our farm in WI after our house burnt down. Most of the kids I grew up with are or have been to jail. I remember not being able to go to the park because the gangs and drugs were so bad in that area near 31st street.

Its a shame you can't carry and its complete BS having to own a foid card and within chicago limits you have to have all your guns registered and insured. We had to make a special trip back down to the city just to get our safe and all of our guns to bring them up north. id never move back to I'LL and if I did, id move south our milwaukee or in indiana just so I can keep the nfa items and carry when the time comes when I'm able to do so.
Yeah I'm closer to 63rd. It's getting worse out here though as the years go on. They all flock southwest. Especially since they tore down Cabrini green.

spit hell fire

Old 06-14-2012, 02:57 PM   #36
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 8276 Times on 4782 Posts
Likes Given: 10703

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason609 View Post
Here's what I could find about pepper spray...

12403.7. Notwithstanding any other law, any person may purchase, possess, or use tear gas and tear gas weapons for the projection or release of tear gas if the tear gas and tear gas weapons are used solely for self-defense purposes, subject to the following requirements:
(a) No person convicted of a felony or any crime involving an assault under the laws of the United States, of the State of California, or any other state, government, or country or convicted of misuse of tear gas under subdivision (g) shall purchase, possess, or use tear gas or tear gas weapons.
(b) No person who is addicted to any narcotic drug shall purchase, possess, or use tear gas or tear gas weapons.
(c) No person shall sell or furnish any tear gas or tear gas weapon to a minor.
(d) No person who is a minor shall purchase, possess, or use tear gas or tear gas weapons.
(e)(1) No person shall purchase, possess, or use any tear gas weapon that expels a projectile, or that expels the tear gas by any method other than an aerosol spray, or that contains more than 2.5 ounces net weight of aerosol spray.
(2) Every tear gas container and tear gas weapon that may be lawfully purchased, possessed, and used pursuant to this section shall have a label that states: "WARNING: The use of this substance or device for any purpose other than self defense is a crime under the law. The contents are dangerous--use with care."
(3) After January 1, 1984, every tear gas container and tear gas weapon that may be lawfully purchased, possessed, and used pursuant to this section shall have a label that discloses the date on which the useful life of the tear gas weapon expires.
(4) Every tear gas container and tear gas weapon that may be lawfully purchased pursuant to this section shall be accompanied at the time of purchase by printed instructions for use.
(f) Effective March 1, 1994, every tear gas container and tear gas weapon that may be lawfully purchased, possessed, and used pursuant to this section shall be accompanied by an insert including directions for use, first aid information, safety and storage information, and explanation of the legal ramifications of improper use of the tear gas container or tear gas product.
(g) Any person who uses tear gas or tear gas weapons except in self-defense is guilty of a public offense and is punishable by imprisonment in a state prison for 16 months, or two or three years or in a county jail not to exceed one year or by a fine not to exceed one thousand dollars ($1,000), or by both the fine and imprisonment, except that if the use is against a peace officer, as defined in Chapter 4.5 (commencing with Section 830) of Title 3 of Part 2, engaged in the performance of his or her official duties and the person committing the offense knows or reasonably should know that the victim is a peace officer, the offense is punishable by imprisonment in a state prison for 16 months or two or three years or by a fine of one thousand dollars ($1,000), or by both the fine and imprisonment.

http://ag.ca.gov/firearms/dwcl/12401.php

From your state AG's office.

So, getting and carrying a big a$$ can of it sounds like a no no.

As far as the Tasers go, I couldn't find anything that says you can't carry them without a permit.
So getting a bottle of Dave's Insanity sauce and putting it in a garden sprayer might skirt the law? After all it is a condiment.

Old 06-14-2012, 03:50 PM   #37
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1816 Times on 994 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Do you think the fact that Chicago is a sanctuary city for illegals has anything to do with the Illinois gun laws?

Old 06-14-2012, 04:30 PM   #38
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5732 Times on 3358 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Quote:
Originally Posted by niteglock View Post
I live in Illinois (cook) and I really would like the option to carry because of all this BS going on. I came to the conclusion that it will never happen so i have been thinking about just saying screw the politicians and government and starting to carry. As long as I'm not drinking. Or at work. I would rather be in jail and have my wife and daughter alive than all of us dead. I would never start or aggravate a confrontation with someone but if I was at a public place or anywhere and some bangers started shooting or ****ing with my family, I would take out my sig and double tap their ****in skulls with some 9mm HST's. I'm sick of all this bull**** Chicago says..... We r deploying cops on overtime and all this other bull****. Who pays for that? We do. And they r always late to the scene anyway. So why not just cough up the money for a nice reliable pistol that u r good with and some training and handle it ourselves. It's not like we're all gonna go on a killing spree. Like some people. And to be honest, why should anyone get tried for killing a gang banger. They're bred to die anyway. They knew that when they got beat in.
Dude, why have you not left yet? There are some ex-chicagoans across the street from my parents; they have adapted well.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 06-14-2012, 04:32 PM   #39
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5732 Times on 3358 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad View Post
Yeah, that's what I'm saying. I don't believe that there are any open or concealed carry laws regarding pepper spray or tazers. Are there?
I believe there is a law limiting concealed carry of tazers in MS.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 06-14-2012, 05:15 PM   #40

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombiegirl
Do you think the fact that Chicago is a sanctuary city for illegals has anything to do with the Illinois gun laws?
The gangbangers that cause the gun violence is the problem. The libs thinks gun control will fix that problem, they're dead wrong. Those laws only hurt the law abidding citizen, bangers will always have their guns.