Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Mob Attacks Chicago

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-13-2012, 07:33 PM   #1
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1815 Times on 994 Posts
Likes Given: 2

It is ridiculous that these poor people are being brutally beaten by mobs of teenagers, but they are unable to arm themselves. If those teens knew that they would possibly be killed because these people were carrying, they may think twice about what they are doing. Not allowing people to carry is an invitation for criminals to victimize people.

http://www.examiner.com/article/teenagers-responsible-for-multiple-attacks-downtown-chicago

Last edited by Zombiegirl; 06-13-2012 at 07:37 PM.
Wiebelhaus Likes This 

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 06-13-2012, 08:04 PM   #2

Liked 35 Times on 29 Posts

The "leaders" (I use the term sarcastically) of chicago couldn't care less about the safety of those people or they would lift their illegal restrictions to firearms.

Old 06-13-2012, 08:06 PM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1815 Times on 994 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by gollygee
The "leaders" (I use the term sarcastically) of chicago couldn't care less about the safety of those people or they would lift their illegal restrictions to firearms.
I grew up on the south side of Chicago for 18 years and lived there for 25. Very glad that I moved to Indiana.

Old 06-13-2012, 08:16 PM   #4

I have a son that lives near chicago. We've visited him a few times & he was our tour guide into chicago & elsewhere. Even before I started carrying myself, it was an eerie feeling to know that I was in a place where the government did not think I should have a right to defend myself.

By the 3rd trip up there we'd seen just about all the tourist sites we needed to & I told him that future visits should be on 'neutral' ground outside the state of illinois. Of course, my wife might change my mind on that score!

Old 06-13-2012, 08:17 PM   #5

Liked 2350 Times on 1528 Posts

I know someone that carried when they went to Chicago for a business trip. I earned him of their laws, he said he didn't give a s#%&. At least he didn't get a life term for murder for needing to use it.

Feral cat waterboarder

Old 06-13-2012, 08:27 PM   #6
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5731 Times on 3358 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

I really like the cubbies, but i will keep to watching them on TV. When i lived in Memphis, I had some friends ask me to go with them to Chicago for a long weekend with some cheap train tickets (roundtrip would've cost me about $100, IIRC); i told them there wasn't anything in Chicago so beautiful or rare as to make me want to go to Chicago to see it. This was while i was living in one of the more interesting areas of midtown Memphis, not some lily white suburb with manicured medians.

I may go watch the sun set over the ocean from a commiefornia beach one day, but it will be a DAMN SHORT visit. NYC? I don't even need to see NYC on TV.

People living in crappy places need to move to better places; the loss of tax-paying citizens may eventually teach such places the error of their ways.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Last edited by orangello; 06-13-2012 at 08:29 PM.

Old 06-13-2012, 08:28 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by primer1 View Post
I know someone that carried when they went to Chicago for a business trip. I earned him of their laws, he said he didn't give a s#%&. At least he didn't get a life term for murder for needing to use it.

From what I've read, even a citizen with a legally owned firearm can be charged with murder if he uses it to defend himself! I realize some folks may not have a choice, in fact I have been in a situation where I could not have moved even if I wanted to, but being retired now, there is no way that I would live in chicago.

Old 06-13-2012, 08:40 PM   #8
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 22 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 37

Thats the reason Chicago has one of the crime rates in the country. The bad guys are still gonna have guns no matter what the laws.

Old 06-13-2012, 08:44 PM   #9
Ain't she sweet?
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 6750 Times on 4078 Posts
Likes Given: 8057

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktmboyz View Post
Thats the reason Chicago has one of the crime rates in the country. The bad guys are still gonna have guns no matter what the laws.
So true. How could the politicians not see that?

Old 06-13-2012, 08:50 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post
So true. How could the politicians not see that?
They are not so stupid as to not know that. Their reason for all the stupid laws is all about 'control' & is typical liberal bilgewater. Has nothing to do with making the city safer.