Miss California stands up for her beliefs - Page 9
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Miss California stands up for her beliefs

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-25-2009, 12:05 AM   #81
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts

I was thinking that too, but it's been started again, nonetheless.

Old 04-25-2009, 07:23 AM   #82

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Christian's don't walk into gay bars asking to be baptized.
I about spit water on my keyboard!!!!!!

Old 04-25-2009, 07:31 AM   #83

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samples.32 View Post
Everyone by this time knows where I stand on gay marriage, but that is not what I care to say.

Matt, you are a very strong intelligent man and if I had been online while all of this was going on I would have had your back (I was camping)

Now understand this. I do not agree with all of Matt's views, but Matt understands that agreeing fully with someone else's view is not what is important! What is important is that, you, as a christian or what ever religion you choose to uphold. Is WILLING to listen with an open heart and at least begin to understand where another human being is coming from. YOU DO NOT need to start throwing the ridiculous nonsense at people like you all did. You should all be ashamed of yourselves for acting like CHILDREN. When a child is wholly convinced that their father is THE greatest father in the world and another child disagrees and they argue over it and fight over it. Now does that not make you feel chidish? You people are among the people that don't understand the TRUE meaning of Love. You are the people that say welcome and have a nice day without even damn thinking about what you are saying. You are among the people that piss me off more than anything. It's sad because I upheld the majority of you men with the utmost respect only to find that you bicker like morons. Learn to be a little more open minded. Get this I am bisexual, but I listened to Miss Cali and what she had to say on gay marriage and I accepted it and I understood why she felt that way. I go to church and I listen to the preacher. I don't always agree with his interpretations of the bible, but I go to see if there is something that could help me grow as a person. A debate is not an arguement. A debate serves for enlightenment. Not to see who is wrong or right. I apologize for being so judgemental. That is wrong of me, but with these paragraghs I hope to do some enlightening myself. For all of you close minded straight line thinkers that absolutely must be right.
Hi samples!! I'm not sure where you stand on gay marriage???

I believe your rant was off topic. The topic and the reason I brought it up is our rights. As a citizen miss California has the right to express her views whatever they may be,especially since the question was posed on national TV! She gave an honest answer, then she faced backlash (not winning) because of Perez Hilton. I see that no different than not being hired for a job because you are gay, bisexual, or have red hair.

Truth does matter and it's not up for debate. Truth is not PC and does not conform to the worlds beliefs.

off -topic:

I go to church too,but not to become a better person. I go to worship the Almighty God. I go to praise his name and thank him for sending his son to die for our sins. I go to be in the Word. I go to glorify and be closer to God. Anyone, regardless of their sexual orientation, is welcome to go with me, but the truth will not be distorted.

Old 04-25-2009, 09:17 PM   #84

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3479 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Quote:
As usual JD jacks the thread to make it funny.
Hey! Wait a minute! Why do I always get singled out??

Old 04-26-2009, 03:11 AM   #85

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGT-MILLER View Post
matt g posted:

I really wish that people would wake up and use their brains already. I am so sick of people going ballistic when someone else has a difference of opinion.
I agree. I have noticed that if anything "religeous" is brought up mattg is the first to piss on it. As a MODERATOR you are out of line.

The truth was always the truth, even before anyone figured it out. It always was and always will be.

Old 04-26-2009, 04:27 AM   #86

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts

This whole thing has gotten out of hand.

I worked with a woman in her 90's, with a multitude of health issues. She was Mormon, and devout. She would often raise the issue of her religion, and I would just smile and nod.

What struck me about her was her eagerness to die. Her faith was more than enough to give her peace of mind, and she seemed genuinely peeved at God for making her wait so long.

None of the arguments against religion stated here have shown me the inner peace that this old lady had. Logic in an world without logic brings no peace.

I've been limiting my time here the past few days simply because of how ridiculous this one thread has gotten. If any of the Christian members believe that God has something particularly nasty lined up for gays, that is a tenet of their faith. Let them keep it. None has advocated violence against gays.

Let this thread die already.

Old 04-27-2009, 06:08 PM   #87
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

I see that enough people whined to get the thread closed.

Here is a simple solution to a simple problem, if the debate of religion bothers you, stay out of the religion debate threads.

This thread has gone 5 pages since I last posted.

"'Did you ever wonder why we had to run for shelter when the promise of a brave new world unfurled beneath a clear blue sky? "
Roger Waters

Vote freedom, join the Libertarian Party.

Closed Thread