Miss California stands up for her beliefs
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Miss California stands up for her beliefs

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-21-2009, 02:46 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

Default Miss California stands up for her beliefs

Miss California sparks outrage over gay marriage remarks | csmonitor.com

Woohooh!!! You're right Miss C!!

...and here's what she gets for it.

Look dirtbag. You can NOT impose your views on everyone. Despite what you believe, other believe different,face it. You want to glorify the four states, what about the other 46 who haven't?

I will stand up for the family and for what marriage is supposed to be.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 04-21-2009, 02:59 AM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

Why stop with the gays? Why not ban Jewish marriage, or marriage between minorities? While we're at it, we should ban mixed marriage as well.

Yup, nothing but straight, white, Christian people should be married, just like god intended it.

"'Did you ever wonder why we had to run for shelter when the promise of a brave new world unfurled beneath a clear blue sky? "
Roger Waters

Vote freedom, join the Libertarian Party.

Last edited by matt g; 04-21-2009 at 03:06 AM.

Old 04-21-2009, 03:03 AM   #3

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt g View Post
Why stop with the gays? Why not ban Jewish marriage, or marriage between minorities? While we're at it, we should ban mixed marriage as well.

Yup, nothing but straight, white people should be married, just like god intended it.

Being how you are libertarian, we are not going to agree on many things, but that's NOT the issue here.

I really don't want to debate on beliefs here. I want to debate on a person's right to express their beliefs without backlash and prejudice.

She lost the debate because hilton didn't agree with her, so what???

Don't force your beliefs on me and I won't force mine on you!! Isn't that what the libetarians are all about??

Old 04-21-2009, 03:07 AM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gojubrian View Post
Being how you are libertarian, we are not going to agree on many things, but that's NOT the issue here.

I really don't want to debate on beliefs here. I want to debate on a person's right to express their beliefs without backlash and prejudice.

She lost the debate because hilton didn't agree with her, so what???

Don't force your beliefs on me and I won't force mine on you!! Isn't that what the libetarians are all about??
By posting this thread, and quoting scriptures, you're "forcing your opinions" on me the same way I'm doing it to you.

"'Did you ever wonder why we had to run for shelter when the promise of a brave new world unfurled beneath a clear blue sky? "
Roger Waters

Vote freedom, join the Libertarian Party.

Old 04-21-2009, 03:15 AM   #5

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

The scipture is not quoted anyway, it just references where you can find it. It's just part of my signature.

This is the scripture:

Quote:
36 [Jesus] said to [the disciples], "But now the one who has a purse must take it, and likewise a bag; and the one who has no sword must sell his cloak and buy one." (New Revised Standard Version, NRSV)
and has nothing to do with this thread.

Nothing is being forced on you. Perez's blatant misuse of 'perceived' power was severaly abused during the pagent.

Where is his "tolerence." ??

Old 04-21-2009, 03:31 AM   #6

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

You mind as well just close this thread and call it a day. People won't ever come to a middle ground on this one. Heck, my wife and I have different views on this topic and can't agree. If I get to sleep with her and we STILL can't get it worked out, you ugly guys don't have a chance of converting me...

Just let the thread die and let's go talk about something better.

Old 04-21-2009, 03:58 AM   #7

Liked 4 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt g View Post

Yup, nothing but straight, white, Christian people should be married, just like god intended it.
God created all the races, including Jewish, and so called minorities. Moses married a woman from another people, so did Samson.

God never spoke against this. He did speak against homosexual marriage!
ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
G.O.A. LIFETIME MEMBER!
Sole owner of Random Thought # 5,000

Old 04-21-2009, 04:35 AM   #8

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts

He asked a question. She answered it honestly. He was unhappy with her answer.

She didn't sell out her beliefs for a pageant. To me, she was put on the spot and handled it as diplomatically as possible.

I see alot of undercover people who say one thing in certain company, and something else in different company.

I choose to let people know where I stand from jumpstreet. You might not like it, but you can't say I was dishonest.

Old 04-21-2009, 06:57 AM   #9

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benning Boy View Post
He asked a question. She answered it honestly. He was unhappy with her answer.

She didn't sell out her beliefs for a pageant. To me, she was put on the spot and handled it as diplomatically as possible.

I see alot of undercover people who say one thing in certain company, and something else in different company.

I choose to let people know where I stand from jumpstreet. You might not like it, but you can't say I was dishonest.
Yes, that's exactly the point. She stood up for what she believed in...and it cost her the pagent.

No different than being fired because you are for the 2nd ammendment imo!!

Someone disagrees with you, so they abuse their power to punish you.

It ain't right!!

Old 04-21-2009, 10:21 AM   #10
bkt

Liked 1305 Times on 664 Posts
Likes Given: 151

Words have meaning. Marriage, using its proper definition, is a religious event; it is a sacrament -- a commitment -- before God, friends, family and a member of the clergy. Virtually all religions recognize marriage as existing only between a man and a woman. Because marriage is a religious entity, the government should have no hand or say in it at all, whether for heterosexual or homosexual couples.

Civil unions protect couples legally in a number of ways, and because this is a civil entity the government SHOULD be involved. It is unreasonable to deny a couple a civil union, and all the protection under the law it affords, to a couple regardless of the genders of the people involved.

Why is this an issue? Again, words have meaning. When we seek to legalize or ban gay marriage, we potentially pit the full force of the law against religious doctrine. If gay "marriage" is legalized yet churches refuse to conduct ceremonies for gay couples because it goes against the tenets of the religion, has the door been opened to sue the church?

That rubs the First Amendment the wrong way.

What Hilton did was wrong. He punished someone for her beliefs, and this is exactly the sort of thing that could come back to haunt him.

Last edited by bkt; 04-21-2009 at 10:25 AM.

Closed Thread