Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   The Club House (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/)
-   -   Minnesota government shutdown just got real! (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/minnesota-government-shutdown-just-got-real-45124/)

Yunus 07-13-2011 04:33 PM

Minnesota government shutdown just got real!

KSTC-TV, Channel 45 | Shutdown Puts Beer Sales on Ice in Minnesota

Quote:

The state shutdown means Miller-Coors will have to stop selling beer in Minnesota.

State officials have told the company, it must come up with a plan to remove it's 39 brands of beer from shelves and in bars in a matter of days.
Now there going to have a billion dollar beer empire breathing down their necks to reopen.

freefall 07-13-2011 04:37 PM

Shutting down beer sales is just WRONG. Though one could ask, "Is Coors really beer?"

Yunus 07-13-2011 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by freefall (Post 540312)
Shutting down beer sales is just WRONG. Though one could ask, "Is Coors really beer?"

Agreed, but as popular as they are this will have an impact. Also as much as it's denounced, I like Blue Moon and some of their seasonals and they are a Miller-coors brand.

dunerunner 07-13-2011 04:45 PM

I guess they will have to get buy, somehow......

Brau Brothers Brewing Co., Cold Spring Brewery, St. Paul’s Summit Brewing Company, Flat Earth Brewing Co., Fulton Brewing Co., Harriet Brewing Co., Lake Superior Brewing Company, Lift Bridge Brewery, Mantorville Brewing Company, City Brewing, August Schell Brewing Co., St. Croix Brewing Co., Summit Brewing Co., Surly Brewing Co., just to name a few!! :D

canebrake 07-13-2011 04:51 PM

1 Attachment(s)
The state is shut down....right?

No one to process the license to sell........?

So who's going to enforce the selling with out a license law?

If they have people to enforce the law, they have people to process the license!

It's just more political theater.

Anybody got some popcorn?

willshoum 07-13-2011 06:58 PM

Lucy you got some splaining to do......

Wake up call, These arse holes are broke and they still run the gubment. when I run out of money I'm ffffed. Why is thier credit card has a no limit on spending. AUGGGGGHHHHH :mad:

Bigcountry02 07-14-2011 12:58 AM

I did not see it posted; but, they indicated Smokes as well and anything to state government does, i.e. inspections, etc.

Now thing what would happen if the Federal Government shutdown.

NO BACON, BEEF, etc, since federal inspectors cannot inspect the meat!

freefall 07-14-2011 02:55 AM

Then it's time to call a farmer, buy a hog, and learn to butcher. Most of us already know how to turn an animal into meat. Pork to bacon, a bit touchier, but I bet The Lovely Mrs could handle it.

Dzscubie 07-14-2011 03:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bigcountry02 (Post 540598)

Now thing what would happen if the Federal Government shutdown.

NO BACON, BEEF, etc, since federal inspectors cannot inspect the meat!

Actually, we are still required to show up for work even if the government shuts down. They say we are necessary for the security of the nation and would eventually get paid when the government goes back to work. We are being told that if we don't show up for work we will be fired, kind of like the Air Traffic controllers back in the 80's.

Scubie

Bigcountry02 07-14-2011 05:48 PM

Gov Dayton Agees to Republican Budget to End Minnesota Shutdown

This is in todays news:

Dayton Agrees to Republican Budget to End Minnesota Shutdown

Gov. Dayton Agrees to Republican Budget to End Minnesota Shutdown

ST. PAUL, Minn. (FOX 9) - Minnesota Gov. Mark Dayton sent a letter Thursday to House Speaker Kurt Zellers and Senate Majority Leader Amy Koch, saying he "reluctantly" agrees to accept the Republican budget proposal from June 30 if it will end the government shutdown .

“Despite my serious reservations about your plan, I have concluded that continuing the state government shutdown would be even more destructive for too many Minnesotans,” Dayton wrote in the letter. “Therefore, I am willing to agree to something I do not agree with – your proposal – in order to spare our citizens and our state from further damage.”