Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Million Gun Owner March

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-09-2009, 03:15 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Million Gun Owner March

Today, the website for the Second Amendment March went online.

Official site of the Second Amendment March

Our Mission...

The mission of the Second Amendment March is to galvanize the courage and resolve of American gun owners; to petition our elected officials against establishing anti-gun legislation; and to remind America that the Second Amendment is necessary to maintain our right to self defense.

It is the one right that protects all others.

We will accomplish our mission by a centralized, peaceful march on the United States Capitol, supported by satellite marches to State Capitols and smaller cities all across America.

OFCC has been in contact with the organizers of the event and applaud their efforts. The event is scheduled for a little over a year away and they are still in the early stages of planning, but we will follow it closely and provide updates as they become available.

Ohioans For Concealed Carry - The Premier Gun Rights Organization in Ohio Since 1999 - Second Amendment March

Three groups spend other people's money: children, thieves, and politicians. All three need supervision. —DICK ARMEY

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-09-2009, 03:38 AM   #2

Liked 17 Times on 12 Posts

Good find. Are you in Ohio?

From C3Shooter:
Skullcrusher, you are evil, sick, demented, twisted- and my hero!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandamonium View Post
...without the Second, we cannot protect the rest!

Old 02-10-2009, 01:26 AM   #3

Liked 10 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by skullcrusher View Post
Shows MI. address to send checks?

NRA Life MEMBER 1976

Old 02-10-2009, 01:39 AM   #4
WDB

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Milion dollar march is a better name. They are in it to make money....send checks? I expect they that credit cards as well.

Old 02-10-2009, 03:50 AM   #5

Default 2nd Amendment backers to march on D.C.

2nd Amendment backers to march on D.C.
'This is a time for brave men and women to stand up and be counted'
Posted: February 09, 2009
9:54 pm Eastern

WorldNetDaily

Image from the front page of the Michigan Coalition for Responsible Gun Owners

A coalition is being assembled to march on Washington to deliver to Congress, the president and even the U.S. Supreme Court a message that the Second Amendment is critical as the single right that allows Americans to ensure continuation of all of the others.

The march is being spearheaded by the Michigan Coalition for Responsible Gun Owners, but also is being coordinated with the National Rifle Association, Gun Owners of American, Jews for the Preservation of Firearms Ownerships, Second Amendment Foundation, Virginia Citizens Defense League, Ohioans for Concealed Carry, Virginia Shooting Sports Association and others.

Plans tentatively are for tens of thousands, perhaps hundreds of thousands of people to assemble in Washington next spring, in 2010, to demonstrate broad national support for the recognition and preservation of the Second Amendment.

"In the wake of last spring's D.C. vs. Heller U.S. Supreme Court decision which protects an individual's right to possess a firearm for private use and the renewed importance placed on the issue of gun rights across the country, the time is ideal for this historic gathering of gun owners at our national and state capitols," said state Sen. Alan Cropsey, a member of the Michigan organization's board of directors.

(Story continues below)

"Our lawmakers need to understand that America's gun owners come from all races, genders, political viewpoints and economic backgrounds," said Chuck Perricone, MCRGO's executive director.

The event is the brainchild of Michigan author Skip Coryell, who runs White Feather Press.com.

He has related how he got an e-mail from a distraught woman in Belgium, horrified by a knife attack at a daycare facilities where workers have been stripped of arms by a draconian gun ban.

And then there are the events in recent weeks in which there have been discussions to require federal licenses for handguns and limit access to ammunition, among other things.

"This is the beginning of a period of historic change in our nation's history and it is no time for the timid. This is a time for brave men and women to stand up and be counted," Coryell said. "We want our children to inherit the same freedom our forefathers knew. Freedom has to be protected or it will fail. We are at a crossroads. The time to act is now."

The Michigan group is assembling partnerships with other groups with similar concerns for a daylong rally which is intended to occur simultaneously with events at state capitols across the nation.

The website explains the group mission is "to galvanize the courage and resolve of American gun owners, to petition our elected officials against establishing anti-gun legislation; and to remind America that the Second Amendment is necessary to maintain our right to self defense."

Coryell told WND in just seven days since suggesting the plan he's seen a literal flood of supportive e-mails.

The emotions have ranged from downright paranoia about federal agents knocking down doors to confiscate guns to worry about a lack of access to weapons even by people who don't own them.

"I think the majority of people are just saying, 'I am fed up. I am sick and tired of the government telling how to run my life."

"I think people … understand the Second Amendment is the one right that protects all the others," he told WND. "Freedom of speech, press, religion. If we don't have a right to keep and bear arms how are we going to protect the others?"

2nd Amendment backers to march on D.C.

Three groups spend other people's money: children, thieves, and politicians. All three need supervision. —DICK ARMEY

Old 02-10-2009, 03:52 AM   #6

Default I`am in TEXAS

Quote:
Originally Posted by skullcrusher View Post

I`am in TEXAS

Old 02-10-2009, 04:20 AM   #7

Liked 1403 Times on 805 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

Our contact for the 2nd Amendment March is Skip Coryell, the program coordinator and can be found at email skipcoryell@hotmail.com.

I'm Skip's contact with the FTF and this is a legit effort.

We need to support this 2010 protest march on Washington DC.

Let's come together for our first effort to have a show of force to show the lib's and the MSM we are awake and have rights!

Any donation is appreciated. Gentlemen, we need to do this!

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello

Old 02-10-2009, 02:12 PM   #8

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Ted Nugent has pledged his support of this march and it looks like he'll be performing at it

From an email I received today:

Ted Nugent to Speak and Play at the Second Amendment March in Spring 2010!

The Second Amendment March is proud to announce that rock-n-roll legend and Second Amendment Activist Ted Nugent has enthusiastically agreed to perform and speak at the Second Amendment March in Spring 2010! In a conversation just this morning to event founder and promoter, Skip Coryell, Ted Nugent said:

"Goodstuff Skip. If you are so inclined, you may throw the Nuge rocketfuel on the fire by emphasizing my personal total support as an individual and as a BOD of NRA & GOA! ONWARD!"

Well, Ted, let me think about it. Okay! Done thinking! You're in and thanks much! When I pressed him to bring his guitar, Ted replied:

"It would not be a complete freedom rally without my firebreathing Star Spangled Banner eruption!"

We look forward to Ted's performance and thank him for his support in lending us his voice, his guitar and his tremendous starpower! God bless the Nuge!

Old 02-10-2009, 03:36 PM   #9

Liked 9 Times on 3 Posts

I expect CONgress and the False Messiah to make a hasty exit from DC during the march. I guess they're afraid we're coming after them armed. Maybe they should be afraid....

9x18=Makarov

Old 02-10-2009, 03:47 PM   #10

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3471 Times on 1606 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Now, let's keep it civil - there is no reason for the sitting president to "fear" lawful gun owners trying to make a perfectly legal point.

The CONgress should be fearing for their jobs because in two years time, several of them will be sent packing me thinks.....

JD