Military Service - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Military Service

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-16-2008, 12:11 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

USCG 96-2001 (I know, I know)
Waiting on a waiver for ARNG. A waiver because I am divorced and have kids. The guy next to me was waiting on a waiver too... For a felony conviction (regular Army). Nice to know I am in the same category.
Anyhow, 11B, 172nd Infantry (Mountain), Scout platoon, exicted about Afghanistan deployment next year.

"People live too long, dogs don't live long enough" - FTF Member-

Last edited by jeepcreep927; 08-16-2008 at 12:51 PM.

Old 08-16-2008, 12:28 PM   #22
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2258 Times on 1228 Posts
Likes Given: 3528

US Army from 1959 to 1979: Explosive Ordnance Disposal.

Old 08-16-2008, 04:45 PM   #23

US Army Ordnance Corps (Retired) HOOAH!

Old 08-16-2008, 07:34 PM   #24
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

96-99, B Co, 313 MI BN (ABN), 82nd Airborne Division
99-04, A Co, 132 ENG BN (MECH), 40th Infantry Division, California National Guard

"'Did you ever wonder why we had to run for shelter when the promise of a brave new world unfurled beneath a clear blue sky? "
Roger Waters

Vote freedom, join the Libertarian Party.

Old 08-16-2008, 09:53 PM   #25

USMC 91-96. 6521 Aviation Ordnance. MALS-14 MCAS Cherry Point.

Old 08-17-2008, 12:43 AM   #26

I have said this before i want to SAY THANKS TO ALL WHO ARE SERVING AND WHO HAVE SERVED. I didnt get that privilige i ruined my knees playing football instead but thanks to all the guys and girls who did serve i was able to play football in a safe and free country. My dad served and i couldnt be more proud of my dad then i am. It took me 29 years to relize that

Old 08-17-2008, 01:59 AM   #27

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3479 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

+1 on that ^^ Post! Thanks to everyone who has, or is, serving this fine country!

We take military service VERY seriously in our house.

I didn't conventionally serve. I went to work for the DoD and spent time ( 2 years ) stationed in South Korea & Japan, along with a VERY brief trip to S. America that I would prefer to completely forget about.

I was stationed with the "in-service" troops, worked with them during the day, drank ( too much ) & ate with them at night, along with spending many, many hours studying the same video, audio, thermal images and recordings of the enemies of our country. I was issued gear, and spent time with the troops on the firing range and with them in very, very primitive, "basic" training for the computer, admin and IT folks. I was by no means a snake eater, nor did I ever go on a LuRP.

I don't consider my service on the same level as those that were preconditioned to be the most awesome fighting force on the planet, so I rarely speak of it. My job there was to help improve both the intel, and the MWR of the troops for their "on-base" IT backbone.

Again, A HUGE Thank You to all the troops of our great nation! Having spent time with you, I know that your dedication is far more than "wanting tuition for school" or "looking for a way out" that is commonly associated with the mainstream reports.

JD

Old 08-17-2008, 05:14 AM   #28
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3461 Times on 1934 Posts
Likes Given: 19300

Default Hope To See A New Face Avatar Soon Rl357mag!

Infantry track machanic.1970-72. the best to you`re son I`m missing mine.

Old 08-17-2008, 05:21 AM   #29

US Army 85 -89
86-89
82D Airborne Div
82D Aviation Bde
Avionics Tech / UH-60 Door Gunner

Old 08-17-2008, 05:30 AM   #30
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillinger View Post
+1 on that ^^ Post! Thanks to everyone who has, or is, serving this fine country!

We take military service VERY seriously in our house.

I didn't conventionally serve. I went to work for the DoD and spent time ( 2 years ) stationed in South Korea & Japan, along with a VERY brief trip to S. America that I would prefer to completely forget about.

I was stationed with the "in-service" troops, worked with them during the day, drank ( too much ) & ate with them at night, along with spending many, many hours studying the same video, audio, thermal images and recordings of the enemies of our country. I was issued gear, and spent time with the troops on the firing range and with them in very, very primitive, "basic" training for the computer, admin and IT folks. I was by no means a snake eater, nor did I ever go on a LuRP.

I don't consider my service on the same level as those that were preconditioned to be the most awesome fighting force on the planet, so I rarely speak of it. My job there was to help improve both the intel, and the MWR of the troops for their "on-base" IT backbone.

Again, A HUGE Thank You to all the troops of our great nation! Having spent time with you, I know that your dedication is far more than "wanting tuition for school" or "looking for a way out" that is commonly associated with the mainstream reports.

JD
Were you one of 'those' DoD contractors? I worked with those guys a few times, quite a few of them really liked Nighthawks.

"'Did you ever wonder why we had to run for shelter when the promise of a brave new world unfurled beneath a clear blue sky? "
Roger Waters

Vote freedom, join the Libertarian Party.