Military requirment for brass - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House >

Military requirment for brass

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-16-2009, 08:12 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

What's up Rubble. Check the tread "Military requirement for brass" in the Legal and Politics section. You may find further interesting reading on this issue there.

In my opinion this is one of the most important issues facing firearm owners at this present time. We need to act now and act decisively. We need to contact our friends, firearm enthusiast or not, and asked them to support an effort to stop our government from back dooring our 2nd. Amendment rights. Without reasonably priced ammo who can afford to shoot? Thanks my brother for taking an interest and let's make our voices heard.

Old 03-16-2009, 11:11 PM   #12
MGH

Thanks for that letter rubble. The other thread about this is "time to be loud." in the Legal and Politics section. I posted this thread orginaly in legal and Politics. some how it got here. dont ask me how.

We all need to write our elected officials! I'm even planing on sending a couple to the white house
I'm not sure if it will do any good there but they can't ignore us forever.

Old 03-17-2009, 01:25 AM   #13
WDB

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I think it would be best that the military reload that once fired and use it again. I expect all of the once fired is training ammo and not picked up in the war zone so what better way to save some $ that recycle that brass for training? At least they got a few pennies on the pound by selling the brass to major reloaders and maybe that price per pound should be increased but shreading it makes no sense!

Old 03-17-2009, 01:28 AM   #14
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 10745 Times on 4648 Posts
Likes Given: 1755

Re: Tax on booze-

"My daddy he made whiskey
My granddaddy did too
We ainít paid no whiskey tax
Since Seventeen Ninety Two" Google Whiskey Rebellion......

Old 05-07-2009, 03:13 AM   #15

I finally found a company that has .223 brass. The problem for some people is that the brass is military (has the crimp). If you do not have the correct machine to take out the crimp, it will damage it, but Southern Belle Brass is selling the .223 Military brass for $45.00 per thousand piece bag.

Old 05-07-2009, 03:59 AM   #16

Liked 29 Times on 17 Posts
Likes Given: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by MGH View Post
The Shootist: DOD Ends Sale of Expended Military Brass to Remanufacturers

The Department of Defence has required the military to stop selling it used brass for civilian use.
Actually, the military rescinded that order a day or so after it was announced. Therefore, I wouldn't worry too much about this issue anymore as both the military and the American people won out on this one. However, I wouldn't let your guard down yet. We still have anywhere from two to four more years of this crap to fight.

Last edited by Major Kusanagi; 05-07-2009 at 04:01 AM.