Military and Firearms History Trivia Challenge - Page 5
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Military and Firearms History Trivia Challenge

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-13-2013, 02:50 AM   #41
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
TheDesertFox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 535
Liked 71 Times on 59 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by c3shooter View Post
Here ya go. Mr. Fox- this one has been around for a while. 10 questions, international in flavor.

http://www.quizyourfriends.com/take-quiz.php?id=0909182033042106&a=1&
Oh boy a quiz from c3 himself. Keep the questions coming guys
__________________
TheDesertFox is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 02:53 AM   #42
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
TheDesertFox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 535
Liked 71 Times on 59 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by c3shooter View Post
Here ya go. Mr. Fox- this one has been around for a while. 10 questions, international in flavor.

http://www.quizyourfriends.com/take-quiz.php?id=0909182033042106&a=1&
Thanks for the quiz. I got 8/10
__________________
TheDesertFox is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 02:54 AM   #43
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 3,617
Liked 813 Times on 621 Posts
Likes Given: 125

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDesertFox View Post
Wasn't it because the Colt .38s they had wouldn't stop the spanish soldiers because they were so drugged up? That might be some other conflict, but i'm not sure.
Close. The Spaniards problems became ours when we beat them. The subsequent Phillipine-American War, fighting stoned Muslim Moro Tribesmen who would charge American troops, were not being stopped by the standard double-action .38 Long Army revolvers. The military drew .45 single-action Colts out of storage and directed development of a new preferably .45 semi-auto. Model of 1911 was eventually born and lasted till, don't quote me, 1985 ('88?) as the primary sidearm.
__________________
HockaLouis is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 02:57 AM   #44
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
dango's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 6,174
Liked 3455 Times on 1933 Posts
Likes Given: 19279

Default

What device that perceded the "dancing, bouncing or screaming' Betty replace ?

__________________

Last edited by dango; 02-13-2013 at 03:13 AM.
dango is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 02:58 AM   #45
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
TheDesertFox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 535
Liked 71 Times on 59 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockaLouis View Post

Close. The Spaniards problems became ours when we beat them. The subsequent Phillipine-American War, fighting stoned Muslim Moro Tribesmen who would charge American troops, were not being stopped by the standard double-action .38 Long Army revolvers. The military drew .45 single-action Colts out of storage and directed development of a new preferably .45 semi-auto. Model of 1911 was eventually born and lasted till, don't quote me, 1985 ('88?) as the primary sidearm.
Hmmmm interesting. And the year they replaced it was '85. :-). OK new question. What country was John Garand from?
__________________
TheDesertFox is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 02:59 AM   #46
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
TheDesertFox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 535
Liked 71 Times on 59 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dango View Post
What device doiid the "dancing bouncing or screaming' Betty replace ?
Don't know. What?
__________________
TheDesertFox is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 03:01 AM   #47
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 3,617
Liked 813 Times on 621 Posts
Likes Given: 125

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dango View Post
What device doiid the "dancing bouncing or screaming' Betty replace ?
Ooops -- I almost answered, but not really 'cuz I know enough not to understand the question... Could you make it clearer or maybe it is and I don't know something special here?
__________________
HockaLouis is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 03:04 AM   #48
Moderator
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
c3shooter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Third bunker on the right,Central Virginia
Posts: 17,159
Liked 9509 Times on 4092 Posts
Likes Given: 1493

Default

And a couple of questions at random-

Oldest firearms maker still in business?

Oldest US firearms maker- still in business?

What company created the .22 LR cartridge?

First US war in which a bolt action rifle was used?

Largest caliber cartridge handgun issued by the US Army?

Where does the word magazine derive?

What 5.56mm weapon issued by the US Army has no sights and no shoulder stock?

__________________

What we have here is... failure- to communicate.

c3shooter is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 03:09 AM   #49
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 3,617
Liked 813 Times on 621 Posts
Likes Given: 125

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDesertFox View Post
Don't know. What?
So since he doesn't know... Do u mean the Bouncing Betty German mine? What do you mean "what did it replace"!? It was a nasty anti-personel rebounding mine...
__________________
HockaLouis is offline  
dango Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 03:11 AM   #50
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
TheDesertFox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 535
Liked 71 Times on 59 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by c3shooter View Post
And a couple of questions at random-

Oldest firearms maker still in business?

Oldest US firearms maker- still in business?

What company created the .22 LR cartridge?

First US war in which a bolt action rifle was used?

Largest caliber cartridge handgun issued by the US Army?

Where does the word magazine derive?

What 5.56mm weapon issued by the US Army has no sights and no shoulder stock?
1. Beretta
2. Smith and Wesson?
3.Smith and Wesson?
4.Experimental Gyrojet pistol .50something caliber?
5.do not know but probably should
6.It is a M4 type weapon used for firing out of portholes in APCs
__________________
TheDesertFox is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
RiverRat68's mini shooting challenge hawkguy Mini-14 Forum 264 11-19-2014 11:29 PM
Military history of your family? JD1969 History 190 02-25-2014 05:10 AM
A Little Bit of Aussie Military History AusLach The Club House 21 04-21-2011 04:45 AM
C3's International Firearms Trivia Quiz c3shooter The Club House 9 09-27-2009 06:40 AM
The Complete Military History of France hkusp45 The Club House 4 04-02-2008 06:39 PM