Military Channel Rifle Quiz.
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Military Channel Rifle Quiz.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-25-2011, 11:03 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 36 Times on 30 Posts

Default Military Channel Rifle Quiz.

Rifle Quiz: Military Channel

I did ok.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-25-2011, 11:19 PM   #2

Liked 33 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Too Easy! 10/10

People get the government they deserve.

Old 03-25-2011, 11:28 PM   #3

Liked 109 Times on 46 Posts
Likes Given: 6

8/10 for me and one right answer was a guess.

Good job bringing these around Tango.

"As an American, I was not so shocked that Obama was given the Nobel Peace Prize without any accomplishments to his name, but that America gave him the White House based on the same credentials"...Newt Gingrich

The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living.

Old 03-25-2011, 11:30 PM   #4

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3482 Times on 1610 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Bullsh!t!!

9/10

Civilian rifle design HAS NOT significantly advanced over the last 100 years?!?!

EXCUSE ME?!?!

Where do you think the next generation sniper rifles came from?!?!

That is a bullsh!t question! Benchrest shooters have done more to advance long range shooters than ANYONE out there.

Old 03-25-2011, 11:33 PM   #5

Liked 109 Times on 46 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillinger View Post
Bullsh!t!!

9/10

Civilian rifle design HAS NOT significantly advanced over the last 100 years?!?!

EXCUSE ME?!?!

Where do you think the next generation sniper rifles came from?!?!

That is a bullsh!t question! Benchrest shooters have done more to advance long range shooters than ANYONE out there.
I got this one wrong also, and my thoughts are just like yours. Who can we complain to?

"As an American, I was not so shocked that Obama was given the Nobel Peace Prize without any accomplishments to his name, but that America gave him the White House based on the same credentials"...Newt Gingrich

The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living.

Old 03-25-2011, 11:50 PM   #6
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 6462 Times on 3432 Posts
Likes Given: 482

the 1903 springfield WAS the first semi auto rifle adopted then quickly discarded as ww1 ended. the pederson device was used to convert it to semi-auto fire to be used in the last great push to topple germany. germany surrendered before it could be used and all but a few were destroyed at the end of the war. according to army testing it worked extremely well.

and yes civvy rifle development has advanced greatly with materials metals and stocks along with huge advances in sighting devices. you can see the difference in comparing the pre-1900 mausers to modern mauser rifles same design more advanced materials rifling and trigger design along with barrel making muchhhhh better rifles as just one example.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

"I crapped my pants to avoid the draft!!" -Ted Nugent

Old 03-26-2011, 12:36 AM   #7
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 10083 Times on 4348 Posts
Likes Given: 1605

Agree that the Pedersen Device equipped 1903 predated the Garand- but so did the Mondragon rifle issued to the Mexican Army in the 1800s.

Is it time for C3 to create another quiz?

What we have here is... failure- to communicate.

Old 03-26-2011, 12:39 AM   #8
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 6462 Times on 3432 Posts
Likes Given: 482

yes it is. a real one.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

"I crapped my pants to avoid the draft!!" -Ted Nugent

Old 03-26-2011, 01:26 AM   #9

Liked 36 Times on 30 Posts

Yes there have been advancements. But it is still the same basic design. many rifles are 2 lugs with a 90deg bolt throw You either turn and pull or just pull the bolt to chamber a new round.

So really there has been little improvement of the bolt action design. Now the stocks, scopes, barrels, ect..... have had huge advancement.

Old 03-26-2011, 01:50 AM   #10

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3482 Times on 1610 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpttango30 View Post
Yes there have been advancements. But it is still the same basic design. many rifles are 2 lugs with a 90deg bolt throw You either turn and pull or just pull the bolt to chamber a new round.

So really there has been little improvement of the bolt action design. Now the stocks, scopes, barrels, ect..... have had huge advancement.
I disagree. 3 locking lugs and the 60 degree bolt throw? Civilian design. 6 locking lugs on the RPA? Civilian Design for the Benchrest Community.

Those didn't happen because of the military.

Ackerely cartridges? Not a military design, but a valuable, valuable design to the shooting community.

.338 Lapua? Designed by the civilian community FOR the military - but it was still a civilian design.

Rifle bedding? Not a military concept.

Scope Rails with 20 MOA built in? Not a military concept.

Just saying that I feel that question is a crock. The civilian marketplace has driven a HUGE advancement in accuracy and single shot rifles.

JD