Might Have A New Gig
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Might Have A New Gig

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-19-2012, 03:31 AM   #1
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 8273 Times on 4780 Posts
Likes Given: 10698

Default Might Have A New Gig

So today an old friend that I haven't seen for a few years stopped by, I asked him why it had been so long since he stopped by and he said he had some life changes that prevented him from coming by. Now, he used to be like me, no real "job" per se, but sort of do whatever it takes to make a living. he rode around on his bicycle and mainly was an arborist. Anyhow, it turns out he is now the official company arborist for Apple Computer, so I asked if they need a beekeeper too.

Looks like I have to write up a resume for a job opening that doesn't exist- yet. Anybody have any idea what sort of salary I should ask for?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 11-19-2012, 03:46 AM   #2
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2389 Times on 1488 Posts
Likes Given: 51

400 billion dollars.....

Oh dern....

Revelation 19:11

And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

Old 11-19-2012, 03:52 AM   #3

That might be a tad high.

Old 11-19-2012, 03:55 AM   #4
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 762 Times on 441 Posts
Likes Given: 457

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad View Post
So today an old friend that I haven't seen for a few years stopped by, I asked him why it had been so long since he stopped by and he said he had some life changes that prevented him from coming by. Now, he used to be like me, no real "job" per se, but sort of do whatever it takes to make a living. he rode around on his bicycle and mainly was an arborist. Anyhow, it turns out he is now the official company arborist for Apple Computer, so I asked if they need a beekeeper too.

Looks like I have to write up a resume for a job opening that doesn't exist- yet. Anybody have any idea what sort of salary I should ask for?
Apple is a pretty progressive/liberal company with a lot of yuppie, green type employees so you may be able to parlay the beekeeping with wild honey production...sure they serve lots of organic foods in their campus cafeterias. Have a look at this, not sure if it's indicative of your area but it's a start...all they can say is no.

http://www.shmoop.com/careers/beekeeper/salary.html

"The whole of the Bill (of Rights) is a declaration of the right of the people at large or considered as individuals.... It establishes some rights of the individual as unalienable and which consequently, no majority has a right to deprive them of." (Albert Gallatin of the New York Historical Society, October 7, 1789)

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." - George Washington

Vikingdad Likes This 
Old 11-19-2012, 04:14 AM   #5

Jpyle,
I am quite aware of the culture at Apple as I have lived here in their shadow since they were founded and probably 1 in 5 people I know work there (matter of fact I used to work on Steve Wozniak's cars when I worked at the dealership, but I digress) but you might be interested to know that there are tons of big gun nuts who work there. My friend the arborist is in charge of setting up an all-seasons fruit orchard for their new campus which is being built over the next few years nearby me. Steve Jobs wanted the cafeteria in the new building to have much of the food grown on-site and he (Jobs) mentioned beekeeping as one of the ways he envisioned they would make it be sustainable. I know that Facebook has an on-campus beekeeper, Google might as well. I'll have to see if I can connect with them to see what sort of package they have.