Microsoft Windows 8 - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Microsoft Windows 8

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-01-2012, 04:37 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 134 Times on 109 Posts
Likes Given: 43

I upgraded to windows 7 due to the lack of automated support for xp (security updates only). But I let vista slide on by. It looks like windows 8 is another OS to let slide on by. Soon it will be gone and a reasonable windows version common sense will appear.

"I do not aim with my hand; I aim with my eye. He who aims with his hand has forgotten the face of his father.
I do not shoot with my hand; I shoot with my mind. He who shoots with his hand has forgotten the face of his father.
I do not kill with my gun; I kill with my heart. He who kills with his gun has forgotten the face of his father."

Adopt a pet!! http://www.aspca.org/ Some of the finest pleasure horses come from here: http://www.canterusa.org/

Old 10-13-2012, 05:31 PM   #12
Coffee! If your not shaking, you need another cup
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2023 Times on 1183 Posts
Likes Given: 4297

Default Update!

Another good reason to not use Windows 8. I have 1 computer that has XP and newer built desktop that has Windows 7.

Microsoft to block mature rated games from Windows 8 marketplace?

http://www.afterdawn.com/news/article.cfm/2012/10/11/microsoft_to_block_mature_rated_games_from_windows _8_marketplace#comments

Microsoft has allegedly revealed that it will block mature PEGI 16+ rated games from the Windows 8 marketplace in Europe or ESRB MATURE in the U.S.

The exact quote, in Microsoft's content legislation, is "Your app must not contain adult content, and metadata must be appropriate for everyone. Apps with a rating over PEGI 16, ESRB MATURE, or that contain content that would warrant such a rating, are not allowed."

Additionally, the legislation says "Your app must not contain content or functionality that encourages, facilitates, or glamorizes illegal activity. Your app must not contain content that encourages, facilitates or glamorizes excessive or irresponsible use of alcohol or tobacco products, drugs or weapons. Your app must not contain excessive or gratuitous profanity."

If the report is accurate, the move will do nothing but infuriate developers, many of which offer Mature titles that are their most popular.

Some of the comments:

First, you're going to have to explain why Windows 8 "certified" motherboards can only run Windows 8. Yes, that's right, you're NOT going to run native Linux (or any OS other than Win8) on that mobo, no dual-boot, it's a virtual machine in Win8 or nothing for you! That's just completely freaking unacceptable.

Old 10-16-2012, 04:39 AM   #13

Liked 80 Times on 53 Posts
Likes Given: 36

Could windows 8 be the new Windows ME?

Loyalty can't be bought at any price;
but it can be rented remarkably cheaply.

Old 10-16-2012, 07:21 PM   #14

Liked 319 Times on 197 Posts
Likes Given: 399

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkt View Post
I just installed the latest Linux MINT (based on Ubuntu) and it rocks. Clean, fast, intuitive, easy, and it recognizes everything (usb devices, etc.) ootb.
I love me some Mint. If you want a fanboyesque feel try Pear linux.

I got a look at win 8 a while ago. It's OK, The problem is they are trying to make a 1 size fits all OS. for a touche screen device like the new Slate or a touch screen computer it will be the bombdigity. But, for a traditional mouse and keyboard that 99.999999999999% of all businesses use it is going to flop bigger than Rosie O'donal at a republican birthday party.