Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   The Club House (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/)
-   -   Michelle Obama doin' her thing. (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/michelle-obama-doin-her-thing-14516/)

skullcrusher 06-05-2009 08:51 PM

Michelle Obama doin' her thing.

She has made an old friend Chief-of-Staff in the White House. It should make the parties more fun.

Michelle Obama's Chief-of-Staff Shake-Up -- Politics Daily

dog2000tj 06-05-2009 09:08 PM

She's just keepin' real yo'. :rolleyes:

CA357 06-05-2009 09:09 PM

Wow! More Chicago bottomfeeders. Who'd a thunk it?

orangello 06-05-2009 09:16 PM

There was a similarly interesting blurb on the news this morning about how Obama has appointed some fund-raising friends to ambassadorships in Japan, Great Britain, and France, AFTER criticizing the Dubya during the election for doing the same thing when he appointed ambassadors to these posh posts.

Why Obama's ambassador appointments did anything but end "politics as usual" in Washington | David Rothkopf Couldn't find the one i watched today; this is similar.

At least this couple gets along better than the Clintons.

Dillinger 06-06-2009 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by orangello (Post 113708)
There was a similarly interesting blurb on the news this morning about how Obama has appointed some fund-raising friends to ambassadorships in Japan, Great Britain, and France, AFTER criticizing the Dubya during the election for doing the same thing when he appointed ambassadors to these posh posts.

Why Obama's ambassador appointments did anything but end "politics as usual" in Washington | David Rothkopf Couldn't find the one i watched today; this is similar.

At least this couple gets along better than the Clintons.

I saw that same story. Nobody he has appointed has ANY overseas or diplomatic experience and he has appointed them to positions with some VERY influential countries.

I believe it was the the Chinese who said:

"May you live in interesting times"

Well, it would appear they are upon us. :eek:

JD

skullcrusher 06-06-2009 08:11 PM

I saw that story as well.

It is common practice for a new Prez to appoint persons who have helped campaigns and careers to diplomatic positions. This is possibly the first time that the appointees have little to none experience in the positions where they have been appointed. A Junior Senator with only 3 years experience in any real political position does not have the support teams of long time polical persons. Then, one would think to make new friends who do have experience, but not BO. Oh, you gave me $50k? Do you like Jakarta? $250k? Paris is nice.

IGETEVEN 06-07-2009 01:53 AM

I don't care, all politics aside, I think the FLOTUS is "HOT" "Yea Baby!" ;) :D

Dillinger 06-07-2009 01:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IGETEVEN (Post 114090)

STRIKE ONE!! :confused:

JD

skullcrusher 06-07-2009 02:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IGETEVEN (Post 114090)

She is no Laura. Dang, she is not even Nancy. :eek:

RL357Mag 06-07-2009 02:24 AM

She's a tall, flat-chested wide-load with an attitude. And like Hillary, she wears the pants in the family.