Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   The Club House (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/)
-   -   Metal Gear (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/metal-gear-11104/)

JiroZero713 02-20-2009 11:26 AM

Metal Gear

Anyone ever play it? In this thread I've included the ending to the newest game so there's spoilers...I think you guys might enjoy these videos...if you want a back story just go the the Wikipedia pages when you Google Metal Gear Solid

The videos you should really watch...they kind of resonate with today's atmosphere.

Metal Gear Solid - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Benning Boy 02-20-2009 02:36 PM

I've actually called in sick when a new one came out, played them all.

I think it was in Snake eater, a contact gives Snake a custom 1911, and the cut scene goes on for about 10 minutes of Snake explaining the polishing and fitting of each step of the customization, but he's still not happy, and whittles down one of the grips so he can hold a knife there, too.

For some reason, Dillinger comes to mind there.:)

Great series, with alot of attention to detail to the weapons.:cool:

dragunovsks 02-20-2009 03:46 PM

I played them all minus the 4th one. I also like the attention to detail as well as the ability to grab a guy and take his swipe cards or other loose items.

Dillinger 02-20-2009 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Benning Boy (Post 73274)
I'v

I think it was in Snake eater, a contact gives Snake a custom 1911, and the cut scene goes on for about 10 minutes of Snake explaining the polishing and fitting of each step of the customization, but he's still not happy, and whittles down one of the grips so he can hold a knife there, too.

For some reason, Dillinger comes to mind there.:)

What? Suddenly weapon customization is a Character Flaw?? :o

JD

Benning Boy 02-20-2009 05:06 PM

You'd have to see it. "Ah, good, mirror polish on the feed ramp!" He goes on and on, and his contact is a smoking hot blonde spilling out of her costume.

The whole time, Spetsnaz is approaching, but Snake is compelled to admire the pistol.

It would be akin to posting a picture of the world's most wonderful a$$ in a thong, the model holding a 1911, and the members all commenting "Mmmmm... Cocobolo grips", or "Ahhhh, Yaqui slide".

Dillinger 02-20-2009 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Benning Boy (Post 73330)

It would be akin to posting a picture of the world's most wonderful a$$ in a thong, the model holding a 1911, and the members all commenting "Mmmmm... Cocobolo grips", or "Ahhhh, Yaqui slide".

Do you HAVE such a picture? Because I WOULD change my avatar for THAT. :D

JD

JiroZero713 02-20-2009 09:09 PM

The entire scene where he is given the custom 1911

This is Big Boss though not Solid Snake because this is a prequel set during the Cold War.

http://www.konami.jp/gs/game/mgs3/fr...ra_eva_pic.gif

skullcrusher 02-20-2009 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JiroZero713 (Post 73220)
Anyone ever play it?

I played the 1st one on Play Station. I used to game a few hours a night, but I haven't in a while. The games now days are so involved, a few hours a day won't get it. The last game in which I got really involved was 'Far Cry' on the pc. I think it took me 'bout 6 months to get thru at about 4 hours a night. I did stop for 'bout 10 days because I started having dreams about it. Awesome game. :D

Benning Boy 02-20-2009 09:25 PM

Ahh yes, thanks, Jiro!

Kept waiting for him to drop trou and ask the girl to leave. And the way his voice gets louder and faster, classic.

skullcrusher 02-20-2009 10:24 PM

Related.

California's video game law ruled unconstitutional | U.S. | Reuters

:D