Memorial day plans?
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Memorial day plans?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-25-2010, 11:32 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 22 Times on 7 Posts

Default Memorial day plans?

Long weekend coming up and I'm really looking forward to it. I fly to San Antonio on Friday morning to visit some old military friends - some of whom I haven't seen in over 10 years. I have it on good authority that there will be great quantities of BBQ ribs, brisket, and cold beer! The best brisket on planet earth has always been in Texas and I can hardly wait.

Disclaimer. While I might have made a snide remark about Robo's hair in the past - I meant absolutely no disrespect.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 05-25-2010, 12:21 PM   #2

Liked 58 Times on 35 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Have a good time, Dave, I'll probably be in the SA area this weekend myself.

Old 05-25-2010, 01:11 PM   #3

Liked 11 Times on 9 Posts

Called the Rangers in our local mountains yesterday. They just opened the road up to our favorite campgrounds. So we're taking the RV up fpr our first weekend of the season. BBQd rib-eye over an open wood fire, baked potato, and BBQd corn on the cob.

I'm going to take Friday also and make a four day weekend.

Old 05-25-2010, 01:36 PM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5733 Times on 3359 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

I will probably go play some disc golf at a local state park & maybe do a bit of fishing at a local state lake that recently reopened for fishing. Maybe i'll be able to catch up with my buddy with a good place to target shoot.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 05-25-2010, 02:51 PM   #5

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Heading down to Missouri to a friend's farm--going to sight in my 35 Whelen and 17 Rem Fireball, plus shoot the pistols, then drink some wine around the fire that night...

"Adversity does not make a man--it reveals him"

Old 05-25-2010, 02:55 PM   #6
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1175 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

My buddy and I are supposed to go camping in the Sierras this weekend. However, there is a forecast for snow.

I don't mind being cold, but I really don't want to be cold and wet and call it fun. So, it's up in the air right now.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 05-25-2010, 03:19 PM   #7

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3479 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

We will be staying home this weekend.

Taking a couple of extra days off to make it a really long weekend. Got to finish ripping up the carpet downstairs in preparation for the new flooring I will be putting in and I have to rebuild the gate on the side of the house to what I envisioned the first time. Stupid Contractor.

Everyone who is traveling, Stay Safe and watch out for those pesky Memorial Day Speed Traps.

Old 05-25-2010, 03:28 PM   #8

Liked 39 Times on 19 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Gee sounds like fun for you guys,

Linda and I will be working. Memorial Day is a really busy time for us and unfortunately not in the good way. Usually a lot of domestic violence, drunks and assaults for Linda and a lot of smugglers, drunks, and assaults for me. Just another day at the office I guess.

Old 05-25-2010, 03:34 PM   #9
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1175 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dzscubie View Post
Gee sounds like fun for you guys,

Linda and I will be working. Memorial Day is a really busy time for us and unfortunately not in the good way. Usually a lot of domestic violence, drunks and assaults for Linda and a lot of smugglers, drunks, and assaults for me. Just another day at the office I guess.
Stay safe.
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 05-25-2010, 03:45 PM   #10

Liked 22 Times on 7 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillinger View Post
We will be staying home this weekend.

Taking a couple of extra days off to make it a really long weekend. Got to finish ripping up the carpet downstairs in preparation for the new flooring I will be putting in and I have to rebuild the gate on the side of the house to what I envisioned the first time.
What kind of floor you putting in JD? I wish I had a quarter for every sq ft of laminate I've put down...