Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   The Club House (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/)
-   -   Memorial day plans? (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/memorial-day-plans-27541/)

NGIB 05-25-2010 11:32 AM

Memorial day plans?

Long weekend coming up and I'm really looking forward to it. I fly to San Antonio on Friday morning to visit some old military friends - some of whom I haven't seen in over 10 years. I have it on good authority that there will be great quantities of BBQ ribs, brisket, and cold beer! The best brisket on planet earth has always been in Texas and I can hardly wait.

Disclaimer. While I might have made a snide remark about Robo's hair in the past - I meant absolutely no disrespect.

lonyaeger 05-25-2010 12:21 PM

Have a good time, Dave, I'll probably be in the SA area this weekend myself.

Jo da Plumbr 05-25-2010 01:11 PM

Called the Rangers in our local mountains yesterday. They just opened the road up to our favorite campgrounds. So we're taking the RV up fpr our first weekend of the season. BBQd rib-eye over an open wood fire, baked potato, and BBQd corn on the cob.

I'm going to take Friday also and make a four day weekend.:D

orangello 05-25-2010 01:36 PM

I will probably go play some disc golf at a local state park & maybe do a bit of fishing at a local state lake that recently reopened for fishing. Maybe i'll be able to catch up with my buddy with a good place to target shoot.

Missileman 05-25-2010 02:51 PM

Heading down to Missouri to a friend's farm--going to sight in my 35 Whelen and 17 Rem Fireball, plus shoot the pistols, then drink some wine around the fire that night...

CA357 05-25-2010 02:55 PM

My buddy and I are supposed to go camping in the Sierras this weekend. However, there is a forecast for snow. :eek:

I don't mind being cold, but I really don't want to be cold and wet and call it fun. So, it's up in the air right now.

Dillinger 05-25-2010 03:19 PM

We will be staying home this weekend. :(

Taking a couple of extra days off to make it a really long weekend. Got to finish ripping up the carpet downstairs in preparation for the new flooring I will be putting in and I have to rebuild the gate on the side of the house to what I envisioned the first time. Stupid Contractor. :mad:

Everyone who is traveling, Stay Safe and watch out for those pesky Memorial Day Speed Traps. ;)

Dzscubie 05-25-2010 03:28 PM

Gee sounds like fun for you guys,

Linda and I will be working. Memorial Day is a really busy time for us and unfortunately not in the good way. Usually a lot of domestic violence, drunks and assaults for Linda and a lot of smugglers, drunks, and assaults for me. Just another day at the office I guess.

CA357 05-25-2010 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dzscubie (Post 290181)
Gee sounds like fun for you guys,

Linda and I will be working. Memorial Day is a really busy time for us and unfortunately not in the good way. Usually a lot of domestic violence, drunks and assaults for Linda and a lot of smugglers, drunks, and assaults for me. Just another day at the office I guess.

Stay safe.

NGIB 05-25-2010 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dillinger (Post 290176)
We will be staying home this weekend. :(

Taking a couple of extra days off to make it a really long weekend. Got to finish ripping up the carpet downstairs in preparation for the new flooring I will be putting in and I have to rebuild the gate on the side of the house to what I envisioned the first time.

What kind of floor you putting in JD? I wish I had a quarter for every sq ft of laminate I've put down...