Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Memorial day douchiness

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-27-2012, 11:03 PM   #1
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2530 Times on 1268 Posts
Likes Given: 239

Default Memorial day douchiness

This guy simply enrages me:

Quote:
CHRIS HAYES: Thinking today and observing Memorial Day, that'll be happening tomorrow. Just talked with Lt. Col. Steve Burke [sic, actually Beck], who was a casualty officer with the Marines and had to tell people [inaudible]. Um, I, I, ah, back sorry, um, I think it's interesting because I think it is very difficult to talk about the war dead and the fallen without invoking valor, without invoking the words "heroes." Um, and, ah, ah, why do I feel so comfortable [sic] about the word "hero"? I feel comfortable, ah, uncomfortable, about the word because it seems to me that it is so rhetorically proximate to justifications for more war. Um, and, I don't want to obviously desecrate or disrespect memory of anyone that's fallen, and obviously there are individual circumstances in which there is genuine, tremendous heroism: hail of gunfire, rescuing fellow soldiers and things like that. But it seems to me that we marshal this word in a way that is problematic. But maybe I'm wrong about that.
http://newsbusters.org/blogs/mark-finkelstein/2012/05/27/chris-hayes-im-uncomfortable-calling-fallen-military-heroes#ixzz1w6mBDLvo

He's the model of a modern liberal education. He would do humanity a better service as compost.
NRA Life Member

"If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in 5 years there'd be a shortage of sand."
Milton Friedman

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 05-27-2012, 11:55 PM   #2
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 19528 Times on 11084 Posts
Likes Given: 49166

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overkill0084 View Post

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/mark-finkelstein/2012/05/27/chris-hayes-im-uncomfortable-calling-fallen-military-heroes#ixzz1w6mBDLvo

He's the model of a modern liberal education. He would do humanity a better service as compost.
i agree with your observation. soldiers don't pick and choose the wars or conflicts they enter into. they go where they are ordered to. so to call men and women who serve and have fallen heroes, makes a war or conflict go on longer? what BS! if he has a problem with a war going on longer, then take it to where it belongs, the President, Congress and the politicians, not our servicemen and women who are simply serving and going where told to.

Old 05-28-2012, 12:04 AM   #3

Liked 4423 Times on 2145 Posts
Likes Given: 1312

These people sicken me as well. None of us put on the uniform for praise, in fact many of us put in on expecting scorn but accepting it as a part of our duty to the Nation we were fortunate enough to be born in.

I am no Hero, but anyone who served deserves respect and anyone who made the Ultimate Sacrifice most definitely is a HERO.

Tack

Old 05-28-2012, 12:09 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overkill0084 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tackleberry1 View Post
These people sicken me as well. None of us put on the uniform for praise, in fact many of us put in on expecting scorn but accepting it as a part of our duty to the Nation we were fortunate enough to be born in.

I am no Hero, but anyone who served deserves respect and anyone who made the Ultimate Sacrifice most definitely is a HERO.

Tack
Amen Tack, Amen! very well said.

Old 05-28-2012, 01:15 AM   #5
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8314 Times on 3594 Posts
Likes Given: 1275

My email to MSNBC:

Re: comments on fallen members of the military on Memorial Day. You sir, are an incredible waste of DNA and oxygen. Since it does not seem to have occurred to you- the US military has never chosen who they fight, where they fight, or when. THAT is decided by the civilian government that is elected by people like you. Which is probably why the military has been in harm's way as much as it has. Your banality and lack of common sense is underwhelming, and is exceeded only by the poor judgement of whoever gave you a job.

What we have heah is.... failure to communicate.

People Like This 
Old 05-28-2012, 01:44 AM   #6

Liked 2367 Times on 1478 Posts
Likes Given: 51

Kudos c3. Truly a waste of oxygen.

Oh dern....

Revelation 19:11

And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

Old 05-28-2012, 02:27 AM   #7

C3, very well spoken and written!

Old 05-28-2012, 11:37 AM   #8

Liked 2339 Times on 1521 Posts

One more reason to leave the tv off!

Feral cat waterboarder

Old 05-28-2012, 11:46 AM   #9

Liked 1414 Times on 808 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

Chris Hayes is a waste of human skin!

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello

Old 05-28-2012, 12:25 PM   #10

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts

Thank you c3 very well spoken
Now i feel i must send a emial as well
God bless all of our sevice men and women they are all heros they fight for me and have fought for me they will always get every bit of respect i have in me.
Sorry folks forgot puncuation got my blood going a little.
To all of our military ob ftf i will always do everything i can to support and give you the respect you deserve.