Memorable Sports Moments:
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Memorable Sports Moments:

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-14-2011, 04:51 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3478 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Default Memorable Sports Moments:

Too much drama going on right now. I prefer to divert some energy talking about amazing things you saw on TV or in person in the sporting arena.

Presumably we all had some interest in "organized" sports growing up. I know most of us played one, two or 6 sports, but no doubt you watched some as well. Maybe went to games, or sat glued to the TV on the weekends with family or friends.

What are some of your most memorable moments from those by gone days? Find video links if you can so others can enjoy in your memories.

I remember watching the video over and over again ( though I can't find it now ) of a guy by the name of Chuck Cecil in 1993 that hit ( I Believe ) Art Monk so hard it knocked him down, out and out of the game, earning him a HUGE fine and an S.I. cover of "Too Dangerous for the NFL".

I watched, on Monday night football, Bo Jackson put a clinic on the Seattle Seahawks in the Kingdome. He ran for something like 221 yards in that game. Scored two or three times, with one run being over the top of Seattle's "multi million dollar" linebacker Brian Bosworth. I became the biggest Bo Jackson after that night. I had liked him before, being a two sport stud and all, but after that performance I was amazed...

What are some of the things you remember?? This should be a good one.

Thumbs down to whoever is the first to post Thiesman's leg getting broke by LT. That was NASTY.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-14-2011, 04:55 PM   #2

Liked 58 Times on 35 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Good call. One of my favorites:

Old 02-14-2011, 04:57 PM   #3

Liked 21 Times on 7 Posts

Grew up a Vikings fan and one of my heroes was Joe Kapp. The guy couldn't throw a spiral if you had a gun to his head - but he knew how to win. A very memorable moment for me was the Vikes were playing the Browns in the NFC title game. The Vikes were on about the 10 yard line and Joe dropped back to pass but got chased out of the pocket. He started to sweep to the right and the Browns safety was set in position in front of him. Old Joe tried to hurdle him, but caught the guy on the chin with his knee. Kapp stumbled into the end zone and the Browns safety was still knocked out cold.

Honorable mention for every game I attended while my daughter was going to Florida State. Amazing place to watch a football game and amazing scenery as well. She attended from 1996-2000 so I got to see a lot of future legends play football...

Last edited by NGIB; 02-14-2011 at 05:00 PM.

Old 02-14-2011, 05:10 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonyaeger View Post
Good call. One of my favorites:

Need some intel please....

Old 02-14-2011, 05:20 PM   #5

Liked 11 Times on 9 Posts

2002 Lakers playoffs.
I know most of you hate basketball and especially the Lakers, but it was a he11 of an ending.

Watch Video 2002 NBA Playoffs Kings vs. Lakers Robert Horry at blinkx

"I think Congressmen should wear uniforms like NASCAR drivers so we could identify their corporate sponsors."

Old 02-14-2011, 05:29 PM   #6

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo da Plumbr View Post
2002 Lakers playoffs.
I know most of you hate basketball and especially the Lakers, but it was a he11 of an ending.

Watch Video 2002 NBA Playoffs Kings vs. Lakers Robert Horry at blinkx
I hated that series as I am a Kings fan. Terrible, I know. I wonder what Jeff Petrie is thinking.

Old 02-14-2011, 05:32 PM   #7

Robert Horry! Now there is a name I haven't heard in forever. Man. That guy made a living out of hitting those last second shots. I don't know how many times I watched him do that with Houston, with Phoenix and than with the Lakers.

I can remember screaming at my TV for someone to cover him back in the day.... LOL

Him and Jeff Hornachek for the Jazz. That guy could be falling out of bounds, be half blind in one eye, have one foot in the popcorn cart, with :02 on the buzzer and still nail a three to end the period or the game. God I hated that little effer too....

Good times... LOL

Old 02-14-2011, 05:34 PM   #8

Liked 109 Times on 46 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Feb. 22, 1980. Miracle on Ice....USA beat USSR for Gold

image.jpg  

"As an American, I was not so shocked that Obama was given the Nobel Peace Prize without any accomplishments to his name, but that America gave him the White House based on the same credentials"...Newt Gingrich

The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living.

Old 02-14-2011, 05:39 PM   #9

Liked 58 Times on 35 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillinger View Post

Need some intel please....
Curt Schilling for the Red Sox in World Series after having had ankle surgery.

Old 02-14-2011, 05:43 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Car54 View Post
Feb. 22, 1980. Miracle on Ice....USA beat USSR for Gold
Ah! Another great one, but if you remember, they didn't win the gold for beating Russia. They still had to win the following day against Finland, and they were 2-1 after one or two periods I think. I remember feeling like the world was going to collapse after the joy of beating the Russians and than to be losing to Finland.... But they came back and did it.

Another great memory!