Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Membership question

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-02-2011, 09:55 PM   #1
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 20 Times on 18 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Default Membership question

Does anyone know how many members we have on this site? And what percentage of those members are "supporting" members? Thanks, Ed

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-02-2011, 09:59 PM   #2

Liked 1127 Times on 542 Posts
Likes Given: 1249

Quote:
Originally Posted by eborden1122 View Post
Does anyone know how many members we have on this site? And what percentage of those members are "supporting" members? Thanks, Ed
Yes I do....

Old 03-02-2011, 10:04 PM   #3
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 463 Times on 254 Posts

25,392 members at last check.

Old 03-03-2011, 01:34 AM   #4
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 20 Times on 18 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shihan View Post
25,392 members at last check.
Thank you Shihan. I was just curious of the ratio of supporting members and non-supporting members.

Old 03-03-2011, 01:46 AM   #5

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3475 Times on 1607 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

"Members" is a subjective term. When we get a bonafied spammer, we nuke that account and they don't count. There are sleepers that wait months to post, so of course we don't actually have 25K "active" members.

I will say this, we are rated EXTREMELY high when it comes to overall forums on the interwebz and even higher when it comes to "Firearms" forums. High enough to get noticed by manufacturers like Spyderco and Brownells.

Have you done a search for rating agencies that look at forums/websites/online shopping versus active traffic versus current activity?

The results might surprise you.

As for "Supporting Membership" those numbers are confidential, but those that are supporters have a wealth of opportunities that are not available to the open forum, including an entire shopping network that is by invite only.

JD

Old 03-03-2011, 01:51 AM   #6

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

For any members looking at this, I'd like to say: The supporting membership is worth every penny and more. JD especially, makes SM just flat awesome.

This forum was incredible when I was a member, now that I am a SM it's unbelievable.

[]]]]]]]]]]]]\>
"----)_'_\--(
"--------\--\
"---------\_/

Old 03-03-2011, 01:56 AM   #7

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3475 Times on 1607 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Quote:
Originally Posted by jca1 View Post
For any members looking at this, I'd like to say: The supporting membership is worth every penny and more. JD especially, makes SM just flat awesome.

This forum was incredible when I was a member, now that I am a SM it's unbelievable.

I am nothing special. The same work on another forum goes to the bottom of the list when surrounded by people that do not appreciate the effort.

THIS FORUM is the best on the Internet. Period. But that is because of THE PEOPLE and how they handle themselves.

Not everyone gets along. Not everyone agrees. But let me raise a distress signal for someone needing help and I have to beat the help off with a stick because that is the kind of people we have here. Salt of the Earth, Ate the Mold when Made by the Creator, Types.

*respect*

Old 03-03-2011, 03:01 AM   #8

Liked 859 Times on 342 Posts
Likes Given: 1687

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillinger View Post
I am nothing special. The same work on another forum goes to the bottom of the list when surrounded by people that do not appreciate the effort.

THIS FORUM is the best on the Internet. Period. But that is because of THE PEOPLE and how they handle themselves.

Not everyone gets along. Not everyone agrees. But let me raise a distress signal for someone needing help and I have to beat the help off with a stick because that is the kind of people we have here. Salt of the Earth, Ate the Mold when Made by the Creator, Types.

*respect*
I beg to differ. You sir are special along with the rest of this awesome forum. Do not sell yourself short.

+1000 to the rest of your post.

Old 03-03-2011, 03:06 AM   #9
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 32 Times on 24 Posts
Likes Given: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by jca1 View Post

I am hoping to become a supporting member within the next few days.

Old 03-03-2011, 03:24 AM   #10

Liked 17 Times on 12 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boyerracing343 View Post
I am hoping to become a supporting member within the next few days.
*Forum scrambles to delete all the threads where we are talking about Boyerracing343*

Once the dust settles, you should be good...

I am just kidding, of course. The Supporting Membership has its benefits beyond the obvious. There is a certain brotherhood (no offense meant to the ladies as personhood just does not sound the same) that eclipses any differences with the SMs. I would go to war with them, and I have met but one and talked over the phone with a few. Very much like a family, as disfunctional as any family, but family.

Let's see: (no particular order)

Shopping club
Giveaways
Generousity beyond description
Meet and Greets
Backyard scuffles

And that is just the Bunker. Forget about the Double Secret Bunker or the Uber Secret Bunker.

Once you get there, be sure to stop in the Welcome section and check in. Hope to see you there soon.

From C3Shooter:
Skullcrusher, you are evil, sick, demented, twisted- and my hero!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandamonium View Post
...without the Second, we cannot protect the rest!