Member's State of Residents. - Page 4
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Member's State of Residents.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-01-2012, 08:38 PM   #31
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2570 Times on 1256 Posts
Likes Given: 1289

Murray,

Sorry about that! I had the state of Tennessee in there since I joined the FTF. But had changed it two weeks ago to "USA" due to a situation that I was concerned about. I have corrected that at this time! Since I have had some time to investigate the occurrences I was concerned about. As the guys have stated the state would certainly help when it comes to answering certain questions for others. We also learn by assisting and doing research for them when they have a question that we do not know about.

Thanks for the reminder!

Old 01-01-2012, 08:56 PM   #32

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper03
Murray,

Sorry about that! I had the state of Tennessee in there since I joined the FTF. But had changed it two weeks ago to "USA" due to a situation that I was concerned about. I have corrected that at this time! Since I have had some time to investigate the occurrences I was concerned about. As the guys have stated the state would certainly help when it comes to answering certain questions for others. We also learn by assisting and doing research for them when they have a question that we do not know about.

Thanks for the reminder!

A problem with this is, on the mobile app it does not show the location of members. Maybe notdku can add this is an update? I use my mobile app 90% of the time.. and as someone mentioned earlier, I find it easier to use than the website itself.

Si vis pacem, Para Bellum.
"If you want peace, Prepare for war"

Old 01-01-2012, 09:06 PM   #33
Coffee! If your not shaking, you need another cup
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1924 Times on 1113 Posts
Likes Given: 3927

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa_Woody View Post
I'll tell...
Sadly, California. The worst residency I have kept and I have held residency in NY, PA and ID.

On the upside, I just bought property in NM so I'll be changing it again in a few months
Welcome to NM. The military assignments changed my residency a few times, Louisiana, Missouri and finally New Mexico.

Old 01-01-2012, 09:10 PM   #34

Liked 1000 Times on 598 Posts
Likes Given: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanNinja

A problem with this is, on the mobile app it does not show the location of members. Maybe notdku can add this is an update? I use my mobile app 90% of the time.. and as someone mentioned earlier, I find it easier to use than the website itself.
Your right,the mobile app is my only means of being on here. Now for certain things i have to use the web browser and use the main site cause the mobile app doesnt include everything.

Semper paratus.....virtute et armis

Last edited by MrWray; 01-02-2012 at 04:56 PM.

Old 01-02-2012, 02:08 AM   #35
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 8320 Times on 4808 Posts
Likes Given: 10783

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidnightExpress View Post
So those of us who choose not the display some inconsequential detail you deem important should just log off the web to spare your feelings. I don't see that happening. And now that I know it bothers you, I'll be changing my location (city & state) weekly. Would alphabetical be okay or would you prefer I start with lowest population?
Actually it only annoys me when the person posting has asked a regionally or State specific question but leaves out what that region or State is. Outside of that I do not "deem (it) important" as to where you reside. It can be interesting and add something to the conversation for the rest of us, but if you choose to remain anonymous that is up to you.

For the record, I have been on the receiving end of some mildly veiled threats due to some comments I have made on this forum and those who were making them were asking for more detail as to exactly what I do and where I live. Nothing ever came of it and I don't expect that anything ever will. But it does happen, and I am aware of that risk.

On the other hand there is another (non-firearms) forum I used to belong to where a guy asked why the forum members were being so damned mean when responding. It was a valid question (posters are regularly flamed for asking a question that they could not find the answer to in the "search" function). I offered some comments in defense of the OP and was flamed for it. Some of the members searched out exactly who the OP was and posted his personal information (where he lives, what other sites he visits, etc. etc.). Now I am not in any way saying that this would happen here on FTF, but it does happen on the Internet every damned day. My point was that if you want absolute privacy that is not available on the Internet. I was trying to make that point in an ironic way.

As to my own profile it is somewhat ambiguous but gives you a regional idea as to where I live. It is accurate and probably will not change anytime soon.

As to your profile MidnightExpress, I will look forward to following you in your travels!

Old 01-02-2012, 02:56 AM   #36

Liked 713 Times on 381 Posts
Likes Given: 48

I live near Cedar Falls, Iowa but I am currently sitting in northern Indiana to house hunt here and in Southern Michigan over the next few days if the realtor can make it out through this snow storm

I hope I shall possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of all titles, the character of an honest man.
~George Washington

Old 01-02-2012, 03:10 AM   #37

Liked 6 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 1

About 30 miles from my place of birth.

Old 01-05-2012, 01:16 PM   #38

Liked 97 Times on 70 Posts
Likes Given: 1

My profile on every forum on which I participate lists my city and state, I think it is a good idea. I understand privacy concerns, my apartment complex just asked me for emergency contact info (name; relationship; address; home work and cell phone #'s) to be placed in my file. I won't be providing such info to them as I can forsee absolutely NO circumstance where they would need it. If there is an emergency with my apartment then I am the one they need to be contacting and I carry emergency contact info on my person if there is an emergency with me.