Medical retirement - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Medical retirement

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-24-2011, 03:27 AM   #11
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 518 Times on 316 Posts

Good luck to you in your future . But remember this, people only want to know one thing about your military service did you ever shoot someone. Other than that they don't care about you. They say thank you, but they don't mean it , you were just the poor kid that couldn't afford college. That's what I was told one time in an applebee's . But you will miss the military so much, it's not funny.

"Don't call me Sir, I work for a living"

"I'm an A**hole"

Old 12-24-2011, 03:44 AM   #12
RIP my good and faithful dog.
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 7178 Times on 4320 Posts
Likes Given: 8761

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSGSF View Post
Good luck to you in your future . But remember this, people only want to know one thing about your military service did you ever shoot someone. Other than that they don't care about you. They say thank you, but they don't mean it , you were just the poor kid that couldn't afford college. That's what I was told one time in an applebee's . But you will miss the military so much, it's not funny.
I think you are painting with too broad a brush. I have NEVER asked a military person if he/she ever shot someone. And I do care about the military people that I cross paths with in my life. I don't think of them as the poor kid who coudn't afford college. I think of them as the brave men and women who had more guts and dedication to this great country to take time out of their lives to serve it.

Because you were told something one time in an Applebee's does not mean the whole country looks upon military personnell in that fashion. Anyone who has been on this forum for any length of time knows my love and thanks to the military people here. The same gratitude shown by many members here on FTF.

I'm sorry you had a bad experience.

Old 12-24-2011, 04:17 AM   #13

Liked 52 Times on 33 Posts
Likes Given: 59

Best of luck to you Woody. Please take the advice these guys are giving you into consideration. Lots of life experience speaking the truth.

Join the NRA! Stop the Brady madness!

Old 12-24-2011, 04:05 PM   #14
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 518 Times on 316 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change

I think you are painting with too broad a brush. I have NEVER asked a military person if he/she ever shot someone. And I do care about the military people that I cross paths with in my life. I don't think of them as the poor kid who coudn't afford college. I think of them as the brave men and women who had more guts and dedication to this great country to take time out of their lives to serve it.

Because you were told something one time in an Applebee's does not mean the whole country looks upon military personnell in that fashion. Anyone who has been on this forum for any length of time knows my love and thanks to the military people here. The same gratitude shown by many members here on FTF.

I'm sorry you had a bad experience.
I am sorry for just telling a couple things that have happened to me. Maybe next time I post something I will ask you first !

But to the op good luck to you in what ever you do

"Don't call me Sir, I work for a living"

"I'm an A**hole"

Old 12-24-2011, 05:18 PM   #15

Liked 1743 Times on 901 Posts
Likes Given: 1343

Quote:
Originally Posted by woody63m View Post
my wife and I are gonna open a gun shop
Uh oh.

I don’t know your arrangements. Will one of you be working? Will one of you have a steady stream of income? May I suggest sometime working in someone else’s gun shop for a while first? Even if you do that, perhaps start small, on weekends or part time first. Maybe become the ‘house provider’ for a Fish & Game club. Basically get some clientele before committing to shop leases, inventory, and whatnot.

Old 12-24-2011, 06:09 PM   #16

Liked 27 Times on 21 Posts

Quote:
I am sorry for just telling a couple things that have happened to me. Maybe next time I post something I will ask you first !

MANNERS PLEASE.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

"There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter." - Hemingway

“The greatest ignorance is to reject something you know nothing about.”

Old 12-24-2011, 06:48 PM   #17
RIP my good and faithful dog.
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 7178 Times on 4320 Posts
Likes Given: 8761

Quote:
Quote:

But to the op good luck to you in what ever you do
The wording implied this is what others will say and think about the OP. It wasn't written in a way that simply meant these were you experiences. You were telling the OP this is what people are going to say and think about you. I'm not looking for a fight, I'm just sayin'...........

Old 12-24-2011, 07:41 PM   #18
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 8320 Times on 4808 Posts
Likes Given: 10786

Quote:
I am very sorry that you have had these experiences. That is not how I and my family feel, about you or any other veteran. We are truly and deeply grateful for the service of all veterans. Please don't take the opinions of the few ungrateful folks you have encountered to be the same as everyone who has not served.

Thank you for your service. Merry Christmas and God Bless.

Old 12-24-2011, 07:49 PM   #19
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 8320 Times on 4808 Posts
Likes Given: 10786

Quote:
Originally Posted by woody63m View Post
I am receiving my last set of orders from the army today I am going to start clearing and terminal leave I am officially retiring soon this is one of the happiest days ever
Congrats Woody! Thank you for your service.

Do take C3's advice and get some business education before jumping in with both feet. I own several businesses and have owned a couple that failed. A little knowledge will get you into trouble but a good education might help you stay out of it. You might even troll around for a gun store that is already set up and running where the owner is looking at retirement (due to age!) where you can buy the operating business after working there long enough to learn the ropes.

Best of luck, and Merry Christmas!