Medal of honor
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House >

Medal of honor

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-14-2010, 04:04 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 18 Times on 12 Posts
Likes Given: 16

Default Medal of honor

Medal of Honor is a new game that is set to be released on October 12th. It is the new game in the Medal of Honor series, the first one not placed in WWII. It is in Afganistan, and the characters are Tier 1 Operators, the Delta's, SEAL Team 6's and such. The game looks awsome. I love the video that is set to a Linkin Park song. You also need to watch the rest of the videos, especially the interviews with actual Tier 1 Operators. It made me remember Iraq, where we when out and did our missions. Not to win hearts and minds, or impress the officers. We went out to simply do our jobs, and most importantly to make sure that our brothers to our left and right came back home. The comaraderie, the brotherhood. Now I cant imagine being one of these guys. Being 1 of only a couple hundred in the entire military with the skills necessary to accomplish their missions. Completely trusting your buddy to be able to do his job, while making sure you dont screw up yours. That has to be a lonely profession. They dont get enough awards and accolades. These guys are the true unknown heros of our military.

YouTube - medalofhonor's Channel

Medal of Honor - Coming October 12, 2010

"The Marines I have seen around the world have, the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps." Eleanor Roosevelt, 1945

Last edited by michigan0626; 08-14-2010 at 04:18 AM.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 08-14-2010, 04:28 AM   #2

Liked 1617 Times on 945 Posts
Likes Given: 1894

While I can see how these games can be entertaining I'm not sure they compare to the real world. The men and women over there do not have a reset button. I'm not saying that there is no lace for things like MOH. Military has used sims for a while now to help aid in training. But I am not very willing to say they are the same. I'm sure the effects are awesome. What they can do with gaming software is really impressive to an old computer tech like me. But it's still a game. And no matter what happens in that game you are going to be OK.

I have not been in the military. And something like MOH would probably be as close to those situations as I'd be able to get. But even if I was able to get through it all and stay "alive" I wouldn't begin to think that I understood what anyone that has seen combat has been through.

Again, I'm not trying to belittle you or the whole gaming thing at all. It's just an opinion of a middle aged guy that has seen too many people come back different then when they left. And I've never had any game or sim have that effect on me.

Old 08-14-2010, 05:00 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrumJunkie View Post
While I can see how these games can be entertaining I'm not sure they compare to the real world. The men and women over there do not have a reset button. I'm not saying that there is no lace for things like MOH. Military has used sims for a while now to help aid in training. But I am not very willing to say they are the same. I'm sure the effects are awesome. What they can do with gaming software is really impressive to an old computer tech like me. But it's still a game. And no matter what happens in that game you are going to be OK.

I have not been in the military. And something like MOH would probably be as close to those situations as I'd be able to get. But even if I was able to get through it all and stay "alive" I wouldn't begin to think that I understood what anyone that has seen combat has been through.

Again, I'm not trying to belittle you or the whole gaming thing at all. It's just an opinion of a middle aged guy that has seen too many people come back different then when they left. And I've never had any game or sim have that effect on me.
Im not big in to video games, though in Iraq the first time I couldn't tell you how many hours of HALO we all played on our down time. I simply meant that 1. the game and graphics looked good, then 2. after watching the interviews and video that it brought back the feelings of comaraderie that I had while in Iraq. I did come back different, and I know reality vs fantasy/game. Im not one of these 30 y/o tacti-wannabees that live vicariously through a game. I think you went a little too deep into what I posted.

I was just letting everyone know that this was coming out and that I thought it looked good. Its the exact same thing and someone starting a thread to let everyone know that "The Expendables" was coming out and that it looked good.(cant wait to watch it by the way)

"The Marines I have seen around the world have, the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps." Eleanor Roosevelt, 1945

Old 08-14-2010, 05:00 AM   #4

Liked 38 Times on 32 Posts

I would have watched it except for that noise from the kiddy band Linkin Park. They SUCK they have always SUCKED and always will SUCK. I hate them as much as I hate the Ofspring and Mecalisucka. Offspring can only play 3 different cords Linkin park can they even play instruments or do they use a DJ and jump around on stage trying to act cool?

As for realness what ever it is a dang video game. no one is really shooting to kill you it can't even come close.

Old 08-14-2010, 05:21 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpttango30 View Post
I would have watched it except for that noise from the kiddy band Linkin Park. They SUCK they have always SUCKED and always will SUCK. I hate them as much as I hate the Ofspring and Mecalisucka. Offspring can only play 3 different cords Linkin park can they even play instruments or do they use a DJ and jump around on stage trying to act cool?

As for realness what ever it is a dang video game. no one is really shooting to kill you it can't even come close.
I agree with you. Usually bands that millions of kids like suck. Their choice was simply marketing.

Never said it looked real, or was realistic in the missions. I said that I cant imagine what its like to be one of these guys.

Old 08-14-2010, 05:23 AM   #6

Liked 1617 Times on 945 Posts
Likes Given: 1894

Quote:
Originally Posted by michigan0626 View Post
Im not big in to video games, though in Iraq the first time I couldn't tell you how many hours of HALO we all played on our down time. I simply meant that 1. the game and graphics looked good, then 2. after watching the interviews and video that it brought back the feelings of comaraderie that I had while in Iraq. I did come back different, and I know reality vs fantasy/game. Im not one of these 30 y/o tacti-wannabees that live vicariously through a game. I think you went a little too deep into what I posted.

I was just letting everyone know that this was coming out and that I thought it looked good. Its the exact same thing and someone starting a thread to let everyone know that "The Expendables" was coming out and that it looked good.(cant wait to watch it by the way)
Like I said man I wasn't trying to flame you or anything. Maybe you're right and I read too much into it. We are not allowed the luxury of voice inflection in a txt forum like this so things can be easily misunderstood. I just took what you said and tried to give an opinion. You say you where over there. Maybe that's the difference. Like I said I had not been a soldier. I just thought that even though the tech is amazing in games these days I didn't see where it could be all that much the same. In all fairness I don't have the real world experience to compare it to.

You're right tango...Linkin Park does suck..lol!! I guess Offspring was the next groups AC/DC. Three chords and you got a box set! AC/DC was cooler though

Old 08-14-2010, 05:27 AM   #7
Coffee! If your not shaking, you need another cup
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2110 Times on 1242 Posts
Likes Given: 4544

I never liked first person shooter, more towards Command & Control old school. Plus, to play some of the newer games requires a new computer build and lately that is on the north forty back burner!

The P4's still good workhorse!

P.S. Never liked Linkin Park either, more towards old school rock and metal groups!

Old 08-14-2010, 05:33 AM   #8
MGH

The game looks awesome michigan, graphics and all. I'm not a huge fan of Linkin Park but for the video it was a fitting song. Do you know what console the game is coming out on? I have a Wii but I'm guessing it'll come out on X box.

Old 08-14-2010, 05:34 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrumJunkie View Post
Like I said man I wasn't trying to flame you or anything. Maybe you're right and I read too much into it. We are not allowed the luxury of voice inflection in a txt forum like this so things can be easily misunderstood. I just took what you said and tried to give an opinion. You say you where over there. Maybe that's the difference. Like I said I had not been a soldier. I just thought that even though the tech is amazing in games these days I didn't see where it could be all that much the same. In all fairness I don't have the real world experience to compare it to.

You're right tango...Linkin Park does suck..lol!! I guess Offspring was the next groups AC/DC. Three chords and you got a box set! AC/DC was cooler though
Fair enough. If I had the computer know how and software I would attempt to set the vid to some different music. Maybe Mudvayne, or LoG, or some Black Sabbath for those a little more "senior" than me.

Old 08-14-2010, 05:36 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by MGH View Post
The game looks awesome michigan, graphics and all. I'm not a huge fan of Linkin Park but for the video it was a fitting song. Do you know what console the game is coming out on? I have a Wii but I'm guessing it'll come out on X box.
I would assume all of them. Too much money in gaming nowadays not too I would think.