meatcutter/butcher - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > meatcutter/butcher

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-28-2009, 09:14 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jess View Post
why do most of the butchers look at me like i have 3 eyes when I get my pork loin sliced? there is only one butcher there who is good, I think he is the head guy, he tells me how long so i can continue shopping. The other guys look at me like i'm ridiculous. I usually buy 6 of them at a time and it takes them FOREVER.
Very good question Jess,odds are the 1 guy is the market manager...the other guys are just going thru the motions. It is EXTREMLY hard to find anyone that wants to excel in this field these days. They just see this as extra work(slicing your pork loins),they are lazy a$$e$. My philosophy is that the customers are the #1 priority. Without them i dont have a paycheck each week. My meat market is small,2 other guys and myself. I have CUSTOMER SERVICE drummed into their heads! If i were you i would request that the head guy cut your order personlly. He will do a better job than the bozo's that give you funny looks. Lots of ppl ask this of me. I think lots of ppl entering the workforce these days lack good work ethics.
PS
There is only one butcher there,the rest of those guys would be known as HACKERS AND WHACKERS. Thats a trade term we give to the people that dont give a damn about anything except getting a paycheck.

Old 08-29-2009, 04:37 AM   #12

Liked 10 Times on 10 Posts

Okay, now that I'm giving this thought, is there actually formal training for this profession, or is it an informal apprenticeship type thing?

While you can find these guys everywhere, I know nothing about how one starts off in this profession.

Are there trade groups, do you have some sort of national level association?

Old 08-29-2009, 04:40 AM   #13

Liked 10 Times on 10 Posts

And on a less serious note, why Pimento Loaf?

Is there anyone who ever lived that likes that stuff?

Old 08-29-2009, 12:24 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benning Boy View Post
Okay, now that I'm giving this thought, is there actually formal training for this profession, or is it an informal apprenticeship type thing?

While you can find these guys everywhere, I know nothing about how one starts off in this profession.

Are there trade groups, do you have some sort of national level association?
As far as i know it's all informal training,i never thought about researching to see if there was an actual school for this. I had some really good and PATIENT people to work with during my apprenticeship. I owe those guys alot for handing down their knowledge. I was just a kid right of high school needing a job,put in an application and got the job the next week.

Old 08-29-2009, 12:29 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benning Boy View Post
And on a less serious note, why Pimento Loaf?

Is there anyone who ever lived that likes that stuff?
Pimento loaf???? We sell lots of it,i hate the stuff too! I guess there is something for everyone.......give me a ham or turkey sandwich and im set!