Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   The Club House (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/)
-   -   meatcutter/butcher (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/meatcutter-butcher-17398/)

badeye 08-27-2009 03:54 AM

meatcutter/butcher

I am a lifer in the world of butchering,i work in a grocery store in a small town. I have a little over 25 yrs of experience...so if any of yall ever had a question for your butcher that didnt get asked,feel free to ask. Cuts of meat vary from region to region...something popular out west might not be cut in a different area for example. Eye

skullcrusher 08-27-2009 03:58 AM

Ok, good to know. Thanks. :)

CA357 08-27-2009 04:44 AM

Welcome to the FTF community. :cool:

Now if you could tell me how to turn a burger into a ribeye that would be really helpful. ;)

Benning Boy 08-27-2009 05:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skullcrusher (Post 151417)
Ok, good to know. Thanks. :)

I figured you, of all people, would be exploiting this chance to it's fullest potential.;)

dunerunner 08-27-2009 05:57 AM

Explain the difference between a New York and Kansas City Strip.

What is the difference between a T-bone and a Porterhouse

What part of the side is Chuck from

stalkingbear 08-27-2009 12:44 PM

I'd like to know how 1 time (of only 2 times) I've ever had my deer processed at a butcher that I would wind up with 3 front legs. The other time I took a 237 pound (dressed weight) buck in & only got back 41 pounds of meat. Nothing against you personally but I don't trust butchers (in my area) now.

badeye 08-27-2009 11:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CA357 (Post 151438)
Welcome to the FTF community. :cool:

Now if you could tell me how to turn a burger into a ribeye that would be really helpful. ;)

If I knew how to do that, I would have a Lot more toys because I would be rich!!! LOL LOL:D

badeye 08-27-2009 11:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dunerunner (Post 151496)
Explain the difference between a New York and Kansas City Strip.

What is the difference between a T-bone and a Porterhouse

What part of the side is Chuck from

A New York strip is fully boneless and a Kansas City strip has a small portion of the bone left on the steak.

T-bone and porterhouse steaks both come from the short loin. The first two to three steaks will be porterhouse. The porterhouse has a larger tenderloin and usually commands a higer retail price. The tenderloin tapers down in size the further you cut the short loin.

The chuck comes from the front quarter. :D

badeye 08-27-2009 11:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stalkingbear (Post 151538)
I'd like to know how 1 time (of only 2 times) I've ever had my deer processed at a butcher that I would wind up with 3 front legs. The other time I took a 237 pound (dressed weight) buck in & only got back 41 pounds of meat. Nothing against you personally but I don't trust butchers (in my area) now.

Two words come to my mind: HONESTY AND INTEGRITY. The person who processed your deer had neither.

Your return weight will depend on several things. Was the deer skinned before you took it to be processed? Was the meat returned to you boneless or bone-in?
Regardless, you should have had a lot more meat. There is no question about it, you were ripped off.

3 front legs + 2 hind legs = 5 legs :confused: This was a remarkable animal!
I'm just kidding with you.

I'm really sorry that you were cheated and I hope this guy loses all of his business.

Jess 08-28-2009 08:58 PM

why do most of the butchers look at me like i have 3 eyes when I get my pork loin sliced? there is only one butcher there who is good, I think he is the head guy, he tells me how long so i can continue shopping. The other guys look at me like i'm ridiculous. I usually buy 6 of them at a time and it takes them FOREVER.