Meat-shoot.....
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Meat-shoot.....

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-17-2013, 03:17 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 124 Times on 104 Posts
Likes Given: 235

Default Meat-shoot.....

My old girlfriend came back to St.Louis this past week from Sterling Colorado and we went to a local meat-shoot at the Elks club and then one at the local VFW hall...Anyway...She has a 12 gauge with a scope and a small choke so they would not let her shoot at the VFW hall...She was telling me that they never heard of meat-shoots west of Kansas City...She lived there to for a few years before moving west to work on a wind-farm in Colorado....I thought everybody had meat-shoots nation wide...Has anybody never heard of a meat-shoot ???...Well I guess it's a bigger world then I thought....Bye...I'm off trying to win my dinner for this beautiful Sunday afternoon.............

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-17-2013, 05:35 PM   #2

Liked 540 Times on 324 Posts
Likes Given: 2178

Are you sure they didn't call it a skeet shoot?

Remember the battle of Athens, TN!

"Work as if you were to live 100 Years, Pray as if you were to die To-morrow." --Benjamin Franklin

Old 02-17-2013, 05:44 PM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1786 Times on 1170 Posts
Likes Given: 1538

Quote:
Originally Posted by tri70 View Post
Are you sure they didn't call it a skeet shoot?
Nope its a meat shoot, the Moose Lodge between Pevely, MO. and Arnold, MO. on U.S. 61/67 holds one every Sunday.

“Somebody has to speak for these people. Y'all got on this boat for different reasons, but y'all come to the same place. So now I'm asking more of you than I have before. Maybe all. Sure as I know anything, I know this—they will try again. Maybe on another world, maybe on this very ground swept clean. A year from now, ten? They'll swing back to the belief that they can make people...better. And I do not hold to that. So no more runnin'. I aim to misbehave.” Mal Reynolds Serenity/Firefly

LONGHAIR Likes This 
Old 02-17-2013, 05:49 PM   #4
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5630 Times on 2943 Posts
Likes Given: 371

they are are in wisconsin often at private clubs and such. they called em turkey shoots where i grew up in texas. although the prizes could be anything from actual turkeys to hogs to cows or chickens or guns.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 02-17-2013, 05:56 PM   #5

I have heard of turkey shoots around here. My Grandfather used to hold them inside his wood shop, they shot 22 shorts and hit a steel plate on a back wall, 10 yds.

"Work as if you were to live 100 Years, Pray as if you were to die To-morrow." --Benjamin Franklin

Old 02-17-2013, 05:59 PM   #6
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by tri70 View Post
I have heard of turkey shoots around here. My Grandfather used to hold them inside his wood shop, they shot 22 shorts and hit a steel plate on a back wall, 10 yds.
Yeah most places I have lived called them Turkey shoots, Missouri was the first place I heard them called Meat shoots.

“Somebody has to speak for these people. Y'all got on this boat for different reasons, but y'all come to the same place. So now I'm asking more of you than I have before. Maybe all. Sure as I know anything, I know this—they will try again. Maybe on another world, maybe on this very ground swept clean. A year from now, ten? They'll swing back to the belief that they can make people...better. And I do not hold to that. So no more runnin'. I aim to misbehave.” Mal Reynolds Serenity/Firefly

Old 02-17-2013, 06:01 PM   #7
Ain't she sweet?
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 7090 Times on 4267 Posts
Likes Given: 8591

Never heard of 'em.

Old 02-17-2013, 06:04 PM   #8

Liked 2388 Times on 1488 Posts
Likes Given: 51

I've always wanted to go to one. Never have really seen any close by here.

Oh dern....

Revelation 19:11

And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

Old 02-17-2013, 06:13 PM   #9
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post
Never heard of 'em.
For you Winds:

http://www.turkeyshoot.net/

http://www.mchenry-sc.org/Turkey.htm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turkey_shoot (Kinda wanders all over the place)

Hope this helps!

Old 02-17-2013, 06:14 PM   #10

It would be fun to do locally if you had the land. Have a small bore rimfire division and center fire division.