Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Meanwhile in Russia...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-26-2013, 06:51 AM   #61
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Location: Washington...the state, not the District of Columbia
Liked 26 Times on 18 Posts
Likes Given: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjd3282 View Post
I never said anything about the law. Render unto Caesar that which is Caesar's. There are lot's of laws out there that we all don't like. Doesn't make you haters. As far as laws and religion goes, marriage is a religious thing. I have a brother who is gay, I think he's wrong but he's still my brother. The reason I don't like him is because he's a liberal demoncrat not because he's gay.
I was simply pointing out that we as Americans have freedom of religion, as well as freedom from religion. This is to respond to those who use the Christian faith as ammunition against the gay community. And if religion absolutely must be used, let he who is without sin...well, you know.

Old 07-27-2013, 12:03 PM   #62
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 444 Times on 320 Posts
Likes Given: 142

Ask any former military man that has been overseas about how spoiled we are in the U.S. We have so many choices and freedoms we simply take for granted most of the time,, some one may say that something is a God given right, but only if the gov't in that area sees it that way, what we may think is right and fair here may be totally unthinkable to someone in another land.
We can have a say in our gov't,,, although it seems the more idiotic you may be, the more the liberal admin., will listen,, where in many lands one will never. Politicians, be it Putin or Obama, are much the same to me,, don't care for them,, if we had the tolerance for other people, beliefs, and lifestyles, that we have for politicians,, who really do not deserve it, they work for us supposedly,,, we might all be in a better place.

Old 07-27-2013, 01:02 PM   #63

Liked 34 Times on 27 Posts
Likes Given: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by texaswoodworker View Post
Depends on which type of bear your talking about....

I'm just someone who believes that people should be allowed to live their lives, and practice their beliefs without government interference. After all, if we support the government interfering with their beliefs just because we may not agree with them, do we really have any right to complain when the government interferes with ours?

Freedom is an all or nothing type of thing. Either everyone has freedom, or eventually we will all lose it.
To me, that sounds like anything goes. We have to draw the line somewere, or else we will be out of controle. If you say all or none, someone will push it farther than the last guy, and then someone will push it a bit more. As a nation, we have to come up with laws that will limit us, but not any more than needed.

Old 07-27-2013, 01:20 PM   #64
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 667 Times on 342 Posts

Just something to think about. The Bible did not say God destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah because of sexual immorality, he destroyed those two cities because they were unloving. They no longer took care of the homeless, widows or strangers. San Francisco and New York are now ( and have been) kicking out the homeless, shutting down soup kitchens and shelters. Homosexuality isn't the problem, it's a symptom of a society that has lost it's way...