Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Meanwhile in Russia...

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-26-2013, 12:05 AM   #51
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Shootnscoot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Washington...the state, not the District of Columbia
Posts: 73
Liked 26 Times on 18 Posts
Likes Given: 49

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjd3282 View Post
The Bible clearly says...
Our Bill of Rights clearly says Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion.
__________________
Shootnscoot is offline  
2
People Like This 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 12:10 AM   #52
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 753
Liked 34 Times on 28 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shootnscoot View Post
To sum it up, Russian president Putin is enacting a ton of anti-gay laws. You can be detained for up to 14 days for being suspected of being gay. Russian born children cannot be adopted by gay couples, and a bunch of other stuff. Read the first page.
I bet hes gay. Hes kinda over compensating for something lol
__________________
Josh1158 is online now  
MisterMcCool Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 12:21 AM   #53
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Reno,Texas
Posts: 10,211
Liked 6557 Times on 3635 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ez2b View Post
Okay one last thing .I think.


Way back in the day if we didn't tell people it's not okay to be behaving that way with a goat that it is wrong.
In fact infringing on there civil rights.
Imagine what your neighbor might look like today lol. Oops there I go again!!
You have a right to tell them they're wrong, just as they have a right to ignore you and do as they please.

As said before, either everyone gets freedom, or eventually no one will have it. Rights are a double edged sword. They don't just apply when you agree with them. They apply for everyone equally.

What we're talking about here is not what you or I believe, we're talking about what the government should/shouldn't do. The government should not make criminals out of people for just being gay. They should not persecute them, and they should not try to suppress them. That is the very definition of tyranny.
__________________
texaswoodworker is offline  
2
People Like This 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 12:27 AM   #54
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Anna_Purna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 7,238
Liked 6745 Times on 3669 Posts
Likes Given: 5796

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello View Post
Wonders how we could teach bears to be gay with each other...
Send them off to a public school system in the bay area???
__________________
Anna_Purna is offline  
3
People Like This 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 12:30 AM   #55
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Reno,Texas
Posts: 10,211
Liked 6557 Times on 3635 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjd3282 View Post
Unless of course you say something that isn't politically correct. Then you get called a racist, bigot or homophobe. I don't hate gays, I feel sorry for them. God doesn't hate gays either but he doesn't care much for the practice of homosexuality. Anybody who claims to be a Christian shouldn't hate them. The Bible clearly says, for one man to lay with another is an abomination, it doesn't say he hates gays.
Well said.

Speaking of the bible, here's a little something for all you who think they can use the bible as an excuse for your hate.

James 4:11-12 - Speak not evil one of another, brethren. He that speaketh evil of [his] brother, and judgeth his brother, speaketh evil of the law, and judgeth the law: but if thou judge the law, thou art not a doer of the law, but a judge. There is one lawgiver, who is able to save and to destroy: who art thou that judgest another?


and a few more for good measure.

Luke 6:37 - Judge not, and ye shall not be judged: condemn not, and ye shall not be condemned: forgive, and ye shall be forgiven:

Matthew 7:5 - Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye.

John 8:7 - So when they continued asking him, he lifted up himself, and said unto them, He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her.

__________________
texaswoodworker is offline  
2
People Like This 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 03:47 AM   #56
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Lima,Ohio
Posts: 2,675
Liked 2141 Times on 969 Posts
Likes Given: 2083

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shootnscoot View Post
Our Bill of Rights clearly says Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion.


I never said anything about the law. Render unto Caesar that which is Caesar's. There are lot's of laws out there that we all don't like. Doesn't make you haters. As far as laws and religion goes, marriage is a religious thing. I have a brother who is gay, I think he's wrong but he's still my brother. The reason I don't like him is because he's a liberal demoncrat not because he's gay.
__________________
rjd3282 is offline  
2
People Like This 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 04:40 AM   #57
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: The Edge of Darkness
Posts: 6,495
Liked 4787 Times on 2678 Posts
Likes Given: 1736

Default

Regardless of your choice of a Gay life style Putin is an edgy World leader. Putin is shown as a strong male figure not a Metro-sexual male. The world is turning toward powerful leaders.
Germany was the first modern nation to accept Homosexuals into their society in the 1890s. By the depressions of the 1920s and 1930s it was an unpopular issue. Hitler and the Nazi Party ended the Gay movement in Germany a popular move.
The Russians and Chinese leaders are not seen as yielding to popular culture. See who leads the future World economy.

__________________
nitestalker is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 04:48 AM   #58
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: West, by God, Funroe,Louisiana
Posts: 18,707
Liked 9193 Times on 5052 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjd3282 View Post

I never said anything about the law. Render unto Caesar that which is Caesar's. There are lot's of laws out there that we all don't like. Doesn't make you haters. As far as laws and religion goes, marriage is a religious thing. I have a brother who is gay, I think he's wrong but he's still my brother. The reason I don't like him is because he's a liberal demoncrat not because he's gay.
Actually, marriage is neither a legal thing (except by our "civilized" standards) nor a religious one. Marriage has been around long before either governments or religion.

And if it were strictly religious, that would mean atheists couldn't marry. But wait, what religion should we let have control of marriage? I personally don't want a muslim marriage. Or a Roman Catholic marriage.

No, marriage is a soceo-cultural pact. This by itself brings its own inclinations as to what constitutes a marriage.
__________________
trip286 is offline  
3
People Like This 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 05:17 AM   #59
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 1,426
Liked 843 Times on 486 Posts
Likes Given: 339

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by texaswoodworker View Post
Depends on which type of bear your talking about....


I'm just someone who believes that people should be allowed to live their lives, and practice their beliefs without government interference. After all, if we support the government interfering with their beliefs just because we may not agree with them, do we really have any right to complain when the government interferes with ours?

Freedom is an all or nothing type of thing. Either everyone has freedom, or eventually we will all lose it.
That is my thoughts exactly on this issue. I can't say how two men marrying each other affects my marriage to my wife in any way, shape, or form. It's not something I can say I understand, but I accept that other people are not like me, never will be like me, and I refuse to support any attempt whatsoever to try to "make them like me".

I want everyone to have real freedom, else none of us have any freedom at all. Persecuting a minority group of people you don't agree with over lifestyle choices isn't freedom, it's an intimidation tactic of tyrants and dictators. I don't care for dictators and never will. Charisma is not a replacement for moral, just, and equitable treatment for all of your citizens.
__________________
kbd512 is offline  
2
People Like This 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 05:35 AM   #60
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: West, by God, Funroe,Louisiana
Posts: 18,707
Liked 9193 Times on 5052 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Default

I think people who wear toe socks shouldn't be allowed to marry.

Yeah...the anti gay argument really does sound about that stupid. Especially when they say, "it'll damage the sanctity of marriage!"... no...cheating hoes, douche tards who beat their wives and the general acceptance of divorce are what damages the sanctity of marriage.

It's against my religion! And so? Does everyone have to follow your religion? Have you dragged any wiccans out into the streets and stoned them to death lately? How about abortion doctors?

But it's a religious pact!
No it's not, read earlier post. And if it were, which religion has the monopoly on marriage? Again, earlier post on that.

Really, the only thing close, IMO, to a legitimate reason to not allow gay marriage, came from my sister. "It will add a certain degree of confusion to tax law and spousal health benefits, but it's nothing that can't be fairly easily overcome by simply using common sense, paying attention, and actually treating people like people instead of objects, numbers, and money cows."

She's a lesbian, accountant, and Christian. "Oh but how can she be Christian if she's a lesbian? She's going to hell!" Yeah, let he who is without sin...

__________________
trip286 is offline  
texaswoodworker Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
Meteors On Russia Vikingdad The Club House 16 02-15-2013 07:25 PM
Mean While in Russia... BigByrd47119 Politics, Religion and Controversy 4 07-30-2012 02:41 AM
Fps russia? Hectocotylus Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion 20 04-20-2012 06:07 AM
FPS Russia jgand72 The Club House 1 05-17-2011 03:33 PM
Russia has nothing on us.... AcidFlashGordon Politics, Religion and Controversy 13 04-05-2010 10:46 PM