May as hop on the band wagon: Ask a Southern Male - Page 6
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > May as hop on the band wagon: Ask a Southern Male

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-22-2014, 11:59 PM   #51
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1950 Times on 1352 Posts
Likes Given: 996

Quote:
Originally Posted by WebleyFosbery38 View Post
Im sure your right on that. City folk from around the country probably live more like each other than those in the boonies in their own state.
With the only exception, most of Manhattan. A different world. You can live there and never drive or worry about traffic. Everything at your fingertips, like a big village. Good or not, you decide. All other major cities, including the rest of NYC, too congested, really a PITA.

Old 05-24-2014, 09:46 AM   #52
Big TOW
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 6134 Times on 3038 Posts
Likes Given: 6513

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercator View Post
With the only exception, most of Manhattan. A different world. You can live there and never drive or worry about traffic. Everything at your fingertips, like a big village. Good or not, you decide. All other major cities, including the rest of NYC, too congested, really a PITA.
Only if your very wealthy can you live in Manhattan! My congestion threshold is pretty tiny, I lived in a small village for about 10 years and was miserable. Now my closest neighbor is further than a stones throw and far enough so that I dont know if they are home or not, thats perfect for me.

Old 05-24-2014, 03:27 PM   #53
McCool@email.com
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 7143 Times on 3910 Posts
Likes Given: 14453

Why do women use hair dryers but men do not?

No offense and none taken

No offense and none taken (̿▀̿ ̿Ĺ̯̿̿▀̿ ̿)̄

Old 05-24-2014, 04:45 PM   #54

Liked 50 Times on 37 Posts
Likes Given: 49

Could be, because more women have hair then most men.

Old 05-24-2014, 05:03 PM   #55
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1950 Times on 1352 Posts
Likes Given: 996

Quote:
Originally Posted by WebleyFosbery38 View Post
Only if your very wealthy can you live in Manhattan! My congestion threshold is pretty tiny, I lived in a small village for about 10 years and was miserable. Now my closest neighbor is further than a stones throw and far enough so that I dont know if they are home or not, thats perfect for me.
Can't argue, never lived there... But when there I see crowds of people walking dogs, schlepping around in flip flops... I just can't see them as very wealthy. Not necessarily Central Park, but how about Lexington to the east? I think people just trade a higher living standard elsewhere for what (to them) is a higher quality of life.

Old 05-24-2014, 05:06 PM   #56
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1884 Times on 1341 Posts
Likes Given: 2127

Quote:
Originally Posted by nchunt101 View Post
Ask away--I have enjoyed these threads. I am a southern man that lives in a small town in eastern NC. I am 30.
Would you marry a southern bell that can't can PEACHES...................

For ever Vigilant..... One Shot One Kill.........

Old 05-24-2014, 05:30 PM   #57
Big TOW
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 6134 Times on 3038 Posts
Likes Given: 6513

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercator View Post
Can't argue, never lived there... But when there I see crowds of people walking dogs, schlepping around in flip flops... I just can't see them as very wealthy. Not necessarily Central Park, but how about Lexington to the east? I think people just trade a higher living standard elsewhere for what (to them) is a higher quality of life.
A 350 square foot, 1 bedroom efficiency in Manhattan start at $1500 a month, if you get a view, you will pay extra for it. Most of the apartment houses have been converted to million plus condo's. Its posh to hang out in Manhattan just like the ritzy sections near Boston Harbor and there are jobs there, you just cant afford to live there on most of the jobs you will get there.

Ive got a couple clients who own large investment offices in Manhattan yet live 15 minutes away in a wooded area of Jersey. Ive worked for them down there and their place is what we would call very nice up here, maybe 750K. Down there, its a 6 million dollar home and sold in a day if it ever hit the market.

You can live there, you just have to be richer than rich.