May as hop on the band wagon: Ask a Southern Male - Page 6
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House >

May as hop on the band wagon: Ask a Southern Male


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-22-2014, 11:59 PM   #51
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Mercator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 9,211
Liked 4683 Times on 3156 Posts
Likes Given: 2366

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WebleyFosbery38 View Post
Im sure your right on that. City folk from around the country probably live more like each other than those in the boonies in their own state.
With the only exception, most of Manhattan. A different world. You can live there and never drive or worry about traffic. Everything at your fingertips, like a big village. Good or not, you decide. All other major cities, including the rest of NYC, too congested, really a PITA.
Mercator is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 09:46 AM   #52
Big TOW
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
WebleyFosbery38's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Irish Settlement CNY
Posts: 7,500
Liked 8249 Times on 4249 Posts
Likes Given: 9495

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercator View Post
With the only exception, most of Manhattan. A different world. You can live there and never drive or worry about traffic. Everything at your fingertips, like a big village. Good or not, you decide. All other major cities, including the rest of NYC, too congested, really a PITA.
Only if your very wealthy can you live in Manhattan! My congestion threshold is pretty tiny, I lived in a small village for about 10 years and was miserable. Now my closest neighbor is further than a stones throw and far enough so that I dont know if they are home or not, thats perfect for me.
WebleyFosbery38 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 03:27 PM   #53
McCool@email.com
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
MisterMcCool's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Bumfugg, Egypt
Posts: 10,509
Liked 9482 Times on 5121 Posts
Likes Given: 19653

Default

Why do women use hair dryers but men do not?



No offense and none taken
__________________
No offense and none taken (̿▀̿ ̿Ĺ̯̿̿▀̿ ̿)̄
MisterMcCool is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 04:45 PM   #54
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
CaptMidnight's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: FBO Mountain Home
Posts: 719
Liked 573 Times on 345 Posts
Likes Given: 528

Default

Could be, because more women have hair then most men.
CaptMidnight is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 05:03 PM   #55
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Mercator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 9,211
Liked 4683 Times on 3156 Posts
Likes Given: 2366

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WebleyFosbery38 View Post
Only if your very wealthy can you live in Manhattan! My congestion threshold is pretty tiny, I lived in a small village for about 10 years and was miserable. Now my closest neighbor is further than a stones throw and far enough so that I dont know if they are home or not, thats perfect for me.
Can't argue, never lived there... But when there I see crowds of people walking dogs, schlepping around in flip flops... I just can't see them as very wealthy. Not necessarily Central Park, but how about Lexington to the east? I think people just trade a higher living standard elsewhere for what (to them) is a higher quality of life.
Mercator is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 05:06 PM   #56
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
willshoum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Houma, La.,La.
Posts: 5,433
Liked 1932 Times on 1369 Posts
Likes Given: 2183

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nchunt101 View Post
Ask away--I have enjoyed these threads. I am a southern man that lives in a small town in eastern NC. I am 30.
Would you marry a southern bell that can't can PEACHES...................
__________________
For ever Vigilant..... One Shot One Kill.........
willshoum is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 05:30 PM   #57
Big TOW
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
WebleyFosbery38's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Irish Settlement CNY
Posts: 7,500
Liked 8249 Times on 4249 Posts
Likes Given: 9495

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercator View Post
Can't argue, never lived there... But when there I see crowds of people walking dogs, schlepping around in flip flops... I just can't see them as very wealthy. Not necessarily Central Park, but how about Lexington to the east? I think people just trade a higher living standard elsewhere for what (to them) is a higher quality of life.
A 350 square foot, 1 bedroom efficiency in Manhattan start at $1500 a month, if you get a view, you will pay extra for it. Most of the apartment houses have been converted to million plus condo's. Its posh to hang out in Manhattan just like the ritzy sections near Boston Harbor and there are jobs there, you just cant afford to live there on most of the jobs you will get there.

Ive got a couple clients who own large investment offices in Manhattan yet live 15 minutes away in a wooded area of Jersey. Ive worked for them down there and their place is what we would call very nice up here, maybe 750K. Down there, its a 6 million dollar home and sold in a day if it ever hit the market.

You can live there, you just have to be richer than rich.
WebleyFosbery38 is offline  
TLuker Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
Male Beagle Pup Name Suggestions? BigByrd47119 The Club House 55 06-16-2012 01:29 PM
The Anti-Gun Male CA357 Politics, Religion and Controversy 2 06-19-2011 01:03 AM
The Anti-Gun Male CA357 Politics, Religion and Controversy 6 01-09-2011 04:09 PM
My male dog has gone nuts NitroxAZ The Club House 27 07-01-2010 01:10 AM



Newest Threads