Market crash............ - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Market crash............

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-16-2013, 03:06 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1126 Times on 731 Posts
Likes Given: 2014

I lost just under $80, 000 in mine and it had not came back 1% in 6 years . I said screw it paid the taxes and bailed before I lost any more. The markets are bad and the government is just pumping in money to try to keep them stable. I had a bad feeling about doing this in Jan , but I dont regret it now . I could not afford to lose any more money . I did what I thought was right paid off our vehicles . Paid off what little bit of debt owed and put the rest away in case things get bad one day .

And Dictators Prefer Unarmed Citizens

Last edited by purehavoc; 08-16-2013 at 12:57 PM.
People Like This 
Old 08-16-2013, 04:17 AM   #12
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 965 Times on 439 Posts
Likes Given: 71

Quote:
Originally Posted by tri70
Money = power, BO wants all the power. Buy guns and ammo, they are doing better than any Wall Street investment.
I agree with this. Not one of my guns, I repeat, not one has lost value since I bought it. All that I have sold have been at a profit. And when the bubble bursts and the $hit really hits the fan on Wall Street, guns will be as valuable as gold bars. It's only a matter of time till the market fails and the average Americans lose everything.
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government"

-- Thomas Jefferson, 1 Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

Old 08-16-2013, 11:44 AM   #13
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1846 Times on 1315 Posts
Likes Given: 2079

Default Death and taxes............

I'm almost there, I'll turn 61 in Dec. I retired after I had sugery on my shoulder. I could no longer put up with todays work force [ the up an coming know it alls ] and the people that treated me like a chained dog in the back yard.........When Bush was in office my 401 made money, then come election time I lost half, Now its up again, BUT, with all the goings on in the muslims countrys I'm not taking any chances. I'm to old to take the gamble and wait it out. I wish I could, my 401 k has more than doubled in three years. I'll know something within the next week or so. I took the money out of the market and its on hold, and still earning some. Thanks for the replys, wills..............

For ever Vigilant..... One Shot One Kill.........

Old 08-16-2013, 11:54 AM   #14

Liked 228 Times on 138 Posts
Likes Given: 42

I too got tired of taking a financial bath. Every year both accounts shrunk, year after year. Of course the handlers always got their fees though. I pulled it all out, invested it into my business and now those nest eggs are making some real money. That isn't a plan for everyone, however.

Old 08-16-2013, 11:57 AM   #15
FAA licensed bugsmasher
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2096 Times on 1138 Posts
Likes Given: 756

Quote:
Originally Posted by willshoum View Post
I'm almost there, I'll turn 61 in Dec. I retired after I had sugery on my shoulder. I could no longer put up with todays work force [ the up an coming know it alls ] and the people that treated me like a chained dog in the back yard.........When Bush was in office my 401 made money, then come election time I lost half, Now its up again, BUT, with all the goings on in the muslims countrys I'm not taking any chances. I'm to old to take the gamble and wait it out. I wish I could, my 401 k has more than doubled in three years. I'll know something within the next week or so. I took the money out of the market and its on hold, and still earning some. Thanks for the replys, wills..............
In that case, definitely move the money out into an IRA. it's not a complicated process.

Scott

Quote:
If you're not representing Jesus in a way that makes people want to hang out with you, you're doing it wrong.
Quote:
Those who refuse to participate in politics shall be governed by their inferiors. -Plato
Regent Holdings What you need to know about silver, gold, and the economy.

Join the NRA
willshoum Likes This 
Old 08-16-2013, 12:04 PM   #16
Big TOW
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 6041 Times on 2991 Posts
Likes Given: 6415

This market hasnt played out yet, a couple short earnings doesnt make for a market crash. Not saying the basis for the bull has been solid, just saying BHO's gonna keep the fires burning until he retires with freshly printed money and he has no intention of doing anything else until someone else has to pay his tab.

At 61, you probably should not be highly tied to stocks, if youve already pulled your money, reinvesting in the market now is pointless until a new bottom is reached thats way below where you sold but I think thats a couple years out.

Old 08-16-2013, 01:07 PM   #17

Liked 710 Times on 458 Posts
Likes Given: 227

willshoum, I agree with you. At your age the market is NOT the place for your money. If you have any debt I would pay that off. I would also make sure that I had a fair reserve in the mattress and/or at your local bank. Then I would pull out some of that 401k every year until it was gone(most have no penalties after age 59-1/2 only taxes).

Just walking on the edge of of my grave.

Old 08-16-2013, 02:38 PM   #18
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1846 Times on 1315 Posts
Likes Given: 2079

Default Debt free............

Every thing is paid for, just the day to day cost of living. I have two separate parcels of land I can sell if need be. I hate the thought of giving to uncle Sam what I sweated so many years for, only to see it spent on others outside the USA...........When I was young worrying about where the money was going to come from to save, now the worry in old age is will I lose it.............

For ever Vigilant..... One Shot One Kill.........

winds-of-change Likes This 
Old 08-16-2013, 02:47 PM   #19

Liked 1092 Times on 644 Posts
Likes Given: 341

Do they have 401k funds that mimic TSP(government 401k)? It's ultra low fee and has been performing quite well.

https://www.tsp.gov/investmentfunds/monthly/monthlyReturns.shtml

"Good people drink good beer."
Hunter S. Thompson

Old 08-16-2013, 02:51 PM   #20

Liked 1126 Times on 731 Posts
Likes Given: 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by WebleyFosbery38 View Post
This market hasnt played out yet, a couple short earnings doesnt make for a market crash. Not saying the basis for the bull has been solid, just saying BHO's gonna keep the fires burning until he retires with freshly printed money and he has no intention of doing anything else until someone else has to pay his tab.

At 61, you probably should not be highly tied to stocks, if youve already pulled your money, reinvesting in the market now is pointless until a new bottom is reached thats way below where you sold but I think thats a couple years out.
I attend corporate business meetings several times a year and we hire in marketing and trade representatives to put them on . These people are big into the markets and trade . There was not one there last week that didnt say the same thing about the Government pumping dollars into the markets to help keep things up and they also said expect it to stay like this until BO is gone . Then the fault of the market crash will be on someone else's shoulders . Maybe they will be wrong and I hope for everyone's sake its false info . But in the 7 years I have been going to these . They have been right on target every year .

And Dictators Prefer Unarmed Citizens
WebleyFosbery38 Likes This