Marines vs army? - Page 9
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Marines vs army?

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-20-2012, 06:23 AM   #81
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 171 Times on 136 Posts
Likes Given: 73

Quote:
Originally Posted by beastmode986 View Post
I've always love guns,knives swords fighting etc. i dont know why. I'm also really good at building things, love hard work, good at turning some scrap parts into something neat.
They all use guns and knives. Not as much in the USN or USAF though. Depends on your job there.

USCG does armed interdiction for drugs along the coast.

US Army and USMC are into guns and knives in a big way.

Old 11-20-2012, 06:27 AM   #82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosin View Post
LOL! Define 'everything'. Is there some annual biathlon/iron man competition/super secret squirrel shooting contest they all have every year to see who is the best at everything?

LMAO! Apples and tires! So one unit, in one branch, trains to contact local fighters and organize a guerrilla resistance, and another unit, in another branch, trains to rescue hostages....
How is one better than another?

...other than boy fantasies at the local airsoft game? 'I read Marcinko's book, I just saw Act of Valor, I get to play a Navy SEAL, 'cause they're the bestest!'
Yah, there is. It's called CQB. Everyone practices it a little. Navy practices it the most. If you want to disagree, go to Norfolk, walk into any bar, and disagree there. I doubt you'll walk home without crutches though.

Old 11-20-2012, 06:29 AM   #83

Liked 284 Times on 229 Posts
Likes Given: 1246

I hate the bsa even being brought into this!

Old 11-20-2012, 06:30 AM   #84

Quote:
Originally Posted by racer_x View Post
What happend to army airborn? yall know the cav lead the way!!
Airborne is just a school. (Work on your spelling.)

It's just how you get to work.

Jumping out of a perfectly good airplane is not any big deal. Even women do it.

What happens when you reach the ground is.

Old 11-20-2012, 06:32 AM   #85

Liked 862 Times on 648 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by racer_x
I hate the bsa even being brought into this!
Don't. The organization was made to groom young boys for the military and allow them a chance at a military setting to do good
Old 11-20-2012, 06:33 AM   #86

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post
The army generally has more casualties for a number of reasons.

First and foremost, they're the bigger branch, so they have more people overseas. More people in harm's way = more people harmed.

deployment rotations and length of deployment. The army deploys and redeploys more rapidly, and for longer periods. Same formula as above. More time in harm's way =......

Different attitude. This is usually because of the above situation. More time in harm's way = complacency.

Different mission. Army is more of an occupational force. Doing more boring guard duty, convoys, crap like that. This affects attitude.
The Marine Corps is more of an expeditionary force. This affects attitude, time in harm's way, rotations, and number of people on the ground.

A strange analogy, because I'm all about weird analogies, is this...

The army is like a bull dozer. Gets a lot done in a long amount of time, literally changing the landscape if need be. using a lot of resources, heavy metal, and takes a hell of a beating, but keeps on working.

The Marine Corps is like a muscle car. In and out, fast, loud, and damn good looking. Get the job done, wait for the next race. Watch the paint, and take care of the moving parts, because you only have so many replacements. One main job = precision warfare. We aren't designed nor organized for long occupations, only to fight the battles and move on to the next objective.
I would not call the Marine Corps "precision warfare."

More like shock troops. Like the Russian spetznaz or the German SS.

Or the ancient Greek Spartans. Most historians compare the USMC with the Spartans, professional soldiers (of the sea) who never give up and never quit and take no prisoners.

Last edited by Shoobee; 11-20-2012 at 06:41 AM.

Old 11-20-2012, 06:41 AM   #87

Quote:
Originally Posted by beastmode986 View Post
So which branch would someone more likely be killed?
In the USMC you are more likely to be wounded.

In the US Army if you are in the infantry you are more likely to be killed.

It all depends on the situation.

The Army bears the brunt of an insurgency and that's why many of the infantry soldiers die.

In a hot shooting war, the Marines will see worse action and get shot up more.

Afghanistan will be over soon, and Iraq is already over. Those two insurgencies will have ended.

Nobody knows what the next war or conflict will be like.

Could be hot. Could be cold. Could be an insurgency in between.

Old 11-20-2012, 06:43 AM   #88
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21578 Times on 12248 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

the thing we have to keep in mind is that Shoobee, who will constantly elaborate on military branches of service and special units and tactics they use, will always avoid the simple questions asked of him. i have asked him many times in the past to inform us of his military training and occupation and what branch he served with, and to no avail. this is why he has no credibility here or on any other forum.

when cornered, the natural reaction for him is to either evade the questions asked of him, or resort to insults and inappropriate remarks. he is a person who has low self esteem who tries to mask his inferiority with talk of things he really has no knowledge of. unfortunately watching the History Channel and the Military Channel will not make you into a warrior, anymore than standing in a garage will make you a car!

Old 11-20-2012, 06:46 AM   #89

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post
How ya been?
Been good, Trip, thank you.

Been working hard. In this current great recession any work is good.

Went hunting too.

Fell off a mountain and broke my right hand. It's healing now.

Can't slug anybody with my right hand at the moment, so I would need to use my left instead.

Stalked within 42 yards of a spiked buck for archery season, but we can't shoot them in Calif.

Saw about a dozen bucks this year scouting.

Life Is Good.

Old 11-20-2012, 06:47 AM   #90

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55 View Post
the thing we have to keep in mind is that Shoobee, who will constantly elaborate on military branches of service and special units and tactics they use, will always avoid the simple questions asked of him. i have asked him many times in the past to inform us of his military training and occupation and what branch he served with, and to no avail. this is why he has no credibility here or on any other forum.

when cornered, the natural reaction for him is to either evade the questions asked of him, or resort to insults and inappropriate remarks. he is a person who has low self esteem who tries to mask his inferiority with talk of things he really has no knowledge of. unfortunately watching the History Channel and the Military Channel will not make you into a warrior, anymore than standing in a garage will make you a car!
Marine infantry. Now stop asking.

Closed Thread