Marines vs army? - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Marines vs army?

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-19-2012, 11:30 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1109 Times on 657 Posts
Likes Given: 348

Air Force ranks slow.

Navy/Army rank rather quickly

I don't know enough about the Marines other than I'm glad we have them and I'm glad I am not one.

"Good people drink good beer."
Hunter S. Thompson

Old 11-19-2012, 11:35 PM   #12

Liked 133 Times on 108 Posts
Likes Given: 43

Elanor Roosevelt described the Marines as well as anyone could.
"The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps."

---Eleanor Roosevelt
Quantico,VA 1945

"I do not aim with my hand; I aim with my eye. He who aims with his hand has forgotten the face of his father.
I do not shoot with my hand; I shoot with my mind. He who shoots with his hand has forgotten the face of his father.
I do not kill with my gun; I kill with my heart. He who kills with his gun has forgotten the face of his father."

Adopt a pet!! http://www.aspca.org/ Some of the finest pleasure horses come from here: http://www.canterusa.org/

Old 11-19-2012, 11:57 PM   #13

Liked 862 Times on 648 Posts
Likes Given: 1

If you like to fight go marines. If you want the money go someplace else. I AM a Marine. The advice all the others, except shoobee that is, gave you is correct. Shoobee is wrong bc NO Marine is wannabe tough or foolishly brave.

Old 11-20-2012, 12:32 AM   #14

Liked 9204 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincine
I just looked it up. I had thought Brigadier General was as high as it went. When did you guys get a four star? In any event, I stand corrected.
I think we've had 4 star generals (or their equivalent) since our inception but I'm not sure.

Old 11-20-2012, 12:37 AM   #15
I'm a mechanic, I fix problems you didn't know you had, in ways you do not understand
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3279 Times on 1819 Posts
Likes Given: 140

Quote:
Originally Posted by beastmode986
I'm looking to join one in a few years. What are the differences as far as training,benefits,pay,the people your around, skills they teach you etc? Which one usually has more casualties? Which one would be more "enjoyable" ?
Are you freaking crazy?
If the answer to that question is yes, join the Marine Corps.
I can't tell you the differences but I know I have quite a few friends who are marines and it's something they wouldn't change.
Either way, you have my respect.

3 gallons of crazy in a 2 gallon bucket

Know your limits; exceed them often

That which does not kill me had better run pretty damn fast.

Sticks and stones may break my bones but hollow points expand on impact.

Shoobee Likes This 
Old 11-20-2012, 12:44 AM   #16

Liked 158 Times on 111 Posts
Likes Given: 171

Guys remember I'm only 14. So it's foolish to say I'm not cut out for either one. I have friends that want to join with me. Do they still do a buddy program? Who does more fighting? If its the marines than why does the army have more casualties?

Old 11-20-2012, 12:44 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderocka1989

Are you freaking crazy?
If the answer to that question is yes, join the Marine Corps.
I can't tell you the differences but I know I have quite a few friends who are marines and it's something they wouldn't change.
Either way, you have my respect.
Damn straight we wont change it-its what made us who we are today

Old 11-20-2012, 12:47 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by beastmode986
Guys remember I'm only 14. So it's foolish to say I'm not cut out for either one. I have friends that want to join with me. Do they still do a buddy program? Who does more fighting? If its the marines than why does the army have more casualties?
Yea they still do the buddy program. They will put you both in the same platoon if you so choose. As to why the army has more casualties-there is ALOT more of them than us. As in like 5-1 for our 2,000 Marines. They also spend ALOT more time in places than Marines. Yes we see more SHYT than any other branch except spec ops

Old 11-20-2012, 12:48 AM   #19

Liked 4791 Times on 2317 Posts
Likes Given: 1479

As an Army Infantry Vet I can tell you I have a Great Deal of respect for anyone who serves regardless of there chosen branch/MOS.

As far as the differences between the Army and Marine Corps...I can give you a very clear picture with the following true story.

Two grunts, one a Soldier and one a Marine both enter the restroom and proceed to use the urinals.

Upon completing the missing both proceed to the lav where the Marine begins scrubbing his hands in a vigorous military manner while the Soldier simply checks his hair and turns for the door.

The Marine shouts, "hey Soldier! In the Corps, they teach us to wash our hands after using the Latrine". The Soldiers replys calmly, "well Marine, In the Army they teach us not to pee on our fingers."

Tack

Old 11-20-2012, 12:55 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tackleberry1
As an Army Infantry Vet I can tell you I have a Great Deal of respect for anyone who serves regardless of there chosen branch/MOS.

As far as the differences between the Army and Marine Corps...I can give you a very clear picture with the following true story.

Two grunts, one a Soldier and one a Marine both enter the restroom and proceed to use the urinals.

Upon completing the missing both proceed to the lav where the Marine begins scrubbing his hands in a vigorous military manner while the Soldier simply checks his hair and turns for the door.

The Marine shouts, "hey Soldier! In the Corps, they teach us to wash our hands after using the Latrine". The Soldiers replys calmly, "well Marine, In the Army they teach us not to pee on our fingers."

Tack
That isn't funny actually it is since most army grunts have to shove a finger up their exit amd yell snake to even FIND it sorry Tack I couldn't resist thanks for your service sir.....even if you did join the glorified boy scouts

Closed Thread