Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Marines vs army?

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-20-2012, 06:49 AM   #91
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 127 Times on 98 Posts
Likes Given: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincine View Post
All I know is what I’ve read, which is:

Whatever else Marines may do, they are ALL riflemen (riflepersons?) first, last, and always. Basically, they shoot first, keep the books balanced second. It’s the other way around in the other services. I don’t even think Navy & Air Force accountants even see a gun. Marines are few in number relatively speaking. They aren't even enough of them to require their own General (Admiral?). They are used ‘tactically’. Unless there is an outbreak of world peace, you WILL go to a combat area if you join the Marines Corp. You may or may not as a member of the other services. If you join the Army, you may be sent to a combat area, OR you may become part of the trip wire in South Korea or be stationed in the back 40 in Europe or somewhere.

(I had a friend in the Air Force who spent Vietnam babysitting an ICBM in Nebraska. He worked four days on & four days off. He could have/would have killed ten times the total number of ALL Vietnam War casualties if a launch order was received)
There are at least several dozen Marine generals. Don't you watch the news?

Old 11-20-2012, 06:52 AM   #92

Liked 862 Times on 648 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoobee

Marine infantry. Now stop asking.
BULL ****!!!!! If you was a Marine you wouldn't bad mouth the corps. I can't wait to see how trip, jjfuller, silverado, or a couple others are gonna take this one. I wilk say this them I'm outta here to watch from the sidelines-you are so full of Shyt a septic company wont touch you

Old 11-20-2012, 06:54 AM   #93

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlinman View Post
If you like to fight go marines. If you want the money go someplace else. I AM a Marine. The advice all the others, except shoobee that is, gave you is correct. Shoobee is wrong bc NO Marine is wannabe tough or foolishly brave.
Like I said, to join the USMC, and survive in it, you have to be either phoney tought or really crazy brave. No sane person would join, except maybe to be a lawyer in the JAG. And no one but the tough and brave survive the training.

When you get to boot camp, the D/I's will remove any spark of sanity you have left.

When they are finished with you then you will think you are an immortal god warrior like Hercules and you will charge any beach or machine gun nest when ordered.

Not exactly sane.

Marlinman you and Axxe net to shut your filty sewer holes.

Old 11-20-2012, 06:56 AM   #94

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderocka1989 View Post
Are you freaking crazy?
If the answer to that question is yes, join the Marine Corps.
I can't tell you the differences but I know I have quite a few friends who are marines and it's something they wouldn't change.
Either way, you have my respect.
She is exactly right.

Old 11-20-2012, 06:58 AM   #95

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tackleberry1 View Post
As an Army Infantry Vet I can tell you I have a Great Deal of respect for anyone who serves regardless of there chosen branch/MOS.

As far as the differences between the Army and Marine Corps...I can give you a very clear picture with the following true story.

Two grunts, one a Soldier and one a Marine both enter the restroom and proceed to use the urinals.

Upon completing the missing both proceed to the lav where the Marine begins scrubbing his hands in a vigorous military manner while the Soldier simply checks his hair and turns for the door.

The Marine shouts, "hey Soldier! In the Corps, they teach us to wash our hands after using the Latrine". The Soldiers replys calmly, "well Marine, In the Army they teach us not to pee on our fingers."

Tack
That was originally an Army-Navy joke.

Old 11-20-2012, 06:59 AM   #96
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 6559 Times on 3635 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoobee View Post
Marine infantry. Now stop asking.
Infantry where, when, and with who?

Old 11-20-2012, 06:59 AM   #97

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSGSF View Post
You can get killed walking down the street. We don't join a branch of the military because we do or don't want to get killed. That is something we try not to happen. But when it's your time to meet your maker there is no stoping it.
Everyone dies. Whether now or 50 years from now. It makes little difference.

-- Achilles / The Illiad

Old 11-20-2012, 07:00 AM   #98

Liked 862 Times on 648 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by texaswoodworker

I want platoon numbers and dates

Old 11-20-2012, 07:00 AM   #99

Quote:
Originally Posted by texaswoodworker View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlinman View Post
I want platoon numbers and dates

I said .. F. U. 2.

Last edited by Shoobee; 11-20-2012 at 07:03 AM.

Old 11-20-2012, 07:02 AM   #100

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincine View Post
Geeze 14! Oh gosh.

I would suggest you take note of what you find yourself especially good and/or interested in over the next few years. If you have more than your fair share of testosterone, the Marines may be the service for you. If you like swinging a hammer or operating equipment, you might have better opportunities to build things in the Army. Does biology make sense to you? The Navy or Army Medical Corps may be satisfying. Do you have a talent for languages? Can you make sense out of what appears to be random information? Ever build a radio? A rocket? Have any interest in the weather? And so on and so forth.

My point is you’ll do yourself a favor and certainly provide better service to the country by joining a service that can make the best use of your natural talents and interests, instead of joining a service because that’s the one your friends are. I believe you’ll make some strong, if not stronger, friendships in the service than the ones you have now.
Exactly right.

Closed Thread