marine photo in AP
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > marine photo in AP

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-05-2009, 05:15 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default marine photo in AP

The AP used a photo of a dying Marine in a story yesterday. It has created a small firestorm. I personally think it is inapropriate and very disrespectful to him, his family, our country and my beloved Corps. Why use someone as a propaganda tool?!

My point is this... It makes me really upset and I want to do something but what? I have looked for a way to get in touch with communists in charge to voice my anger but you know as well as I it will not do a darn thing.

I am sick of the media magots. No tact, no respect.

To my Marine brother who gave his life- rest in peace.

Semper Fi

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 09-05-2009, 05:39 PM   #2

Liked 33 Times on 28 Posts

Who ever did this should be dropped into the middle of Bagahada and left for dead. Eff them and their newspaper.

Old 09-05-2009, 06:07 PM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5732 Times on 3358 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

That was pretty low, IMO. I haven't seen many news photos of dying car crash victims and don't want to; those people die by accident, soldiers die serving their country.

Weaksauce

Old 09-05-2009, 06:09 PM   #4

Liked 27 Times on 21 Posts

Sir, you are not alone in your thinking, trust me on this. I think the damn media has overstepped their bounds, many, many times and have been sticking their noses in and around events and information that should be left undisclosed for moral and security reasons.

Not all news that the news media feels is "news worthy" IS, and most times there quickness to get it out and the lack of variable facts check, often causes it in many cases, to just become a public or political sh!t storm of controversy.

Any of our brothers and sisters, fathers and mothers, that have been lost due to any conflicts and the protection of this great nation, never will their sacrifices ever be forgotten.

Jack

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

"There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter." - Hemingway

“The greatest ignorance is to reject something you know nothing about.”

Old 09-05-2009, 06:24 PM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1175 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

The AP was asked by the Marine's family not to publish it. They were asked by Marine Brass and I think they were even asked by Secretary Gates not to publish it. Yet they did.

This shows lack of respect for our military and a complete disregard for their families.

I think that most people understand that war is ugly. This was sensationalism with an agenda.

Let your displeasure be known.

God bless you and rest in peace Marine.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 09-05-2009, 06:28 PM   #6

Liked 16 Times on 12 Posts
Likes Given: 2

I agree this is a horrible act and the AP as a whole should be ashamed of themselves.

"This is not about land or money...but the one thing that no man should never be able to take from another man: the freedom to make his own choices about his life, where he'll live, how he'll live, how he'll raise his family. "

William Travis, The Alamo: 13 Days to Glory

Old 09-05-2009, 06:51 PM   #7

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

It is disgusting, think about the family watching it happen to a loved one, that definitely should not have happened.I did not look at it, I have seen it enough where I did not have a choice in the matter to last a life time and hope I dont have to witness it again.I know it wont happen, but I would love to see every single advertiser to pull all advertising on the whole corporate structure and everyone not buy any print or watch any thing to do with them, to me it is the ultimate disgrace to our armed forces.

Layton

Old 09-06-2009, 01:14 PM   #8

the photographer also had pics of this Marine before he was injured, I wish she had shared those instead.

my heart goes out to his family

Old 09-06-2009, 01:23 PM   #9
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 22 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 37

There has been alot about this in the news here due to him being in a small Maine town. None of our local news channels or papers would show it out of respect for the family and the AP should not have either.

That was a horrible way to smear the memory of a soldier that died serving his country. I can't imagine how the family felt seeing a picture of their sons lifeless body being carried away.

If the intent of the AP was to show pics of war then they should have shown a picture of someone being saved by their brothers and actually lived to tell the story.