Marine left behind - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Marine left behind

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-13-2012, 10:27 PM   #21
10-32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2917 Times on 1718 Posts

Can't be said any better than this...

I don't need No stinking signature.

Old 12-13-2012, 10:39 PM   #22

Liked 1109 Times on 657 Posts
Likes Given: 348

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosin View Post
Not true. Guns ARE allowed to be taken into Mexico. And many Americans do so every year to hunt. This marines gun ended up being 2 inches shorter than what the Mexican law allows.
The fact remains that he was busted while checking his gun in at customs. He got screwed for doing the RIGHT thing. Mexican customs should have taken his gun at the most.
How about we fix our own countries laws before we tell others what they should do. It may be a stupid law but it's the law and he broke it.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/another-nyc-tourist-arrested-on-gun-charges-despite-having-permit/

Quote:
Vankirk was charged with three counts of second-degree gun possession and being held on $50,000 bond, the Post reports. If convicted, he could face a sentence of five to 15 years for each count, which would be served concurrently.

"Good people drink good beer."
Hunter S. Thompson

Old 12-13-2012, 10:59 PM   #23

Liked 3859 Times on 1864 Posts
Likes Given: 701

I never said to change mexicos laws. I pointed out that guns are allowed in Mexico, in response to all the people claiming they are not.

America has fought wars across the globe, because we kept our firearms while others let dictators take theirs...

Old 12-14-2012, 12:19 AM   #24

Liked 156 Times on 93 Posts

Yes guns are allowed in Mexico, my uncle used to do it, or just ask the guys involved in the "fast and furious scandal" they should be able to help with this subject! In reality, I couldn't care less about what the Mexican law is, he was simply as far as we know trying to comply with the law (but admittedly used some bad judgement or advise). In fact, as I understand it, the problem was not his shotgun, but the length of the dissassembled barrel (under 25 inches). Given their options to handle this, they could have turned his ass back around into the US (no harm no foul), but they didn't, nor was he arrested and reasonably fined/released, they arrested him on the spot and threw him in prison! He has since been there since AUGUST 13th!!! Given the difference in law between our countries, you would think there would be a system of understanding to handling problems like this when someone is trying to do what is right but falls victim to a honest mistake at the border. His status as a Marine veteran gives me a sense of his character, and that he isn't someone who went to Mexico looking for trouble. His mother was on the radio tonight, and these people have been getting ransom calls from the very prison he his incarcerated in demanding money for his life. I wish Mexico would have the decency to fix this, and the US govt had a set of morals and concern for one of our own, but they don't, morals and principles are going the way of the dinosaurs. The only thing that will get that guy out will be his parents; not giving up, and making such a huge stink that finally someone will get off there ass and figure out a solution to this. I wish this guy was given 1/100th the amount of care and concern shown for illegals headed the other way across the border.

The United States Constitution © 1791. All Rights Reserved

Last edited by MoreAltitude; 12-14-2012 at 04:00 AM.

Old 12-14-2012, 12:41 AM   #25
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2143 Times on 1344 Posts
Likes Given: 2160

article-hammar-1212.jpg

This guy fought for our country, and we're gonna let those kangaroo courts down there in Mexico chain him to a bed and take his freedom. We don't do that to the worst hardened criminals in our prisons. The stinking prison he's in is at least half run by drug cartels, WOW, that's really above board. That shows just how much control the Mexican "officials" really have in their crummy ass country. There is nothing right about this, period.

Old 12-14-2012, 01:31 AM   #26

^yeah... Meanwhile, the REAL gun runners work for our government, and don't see ANY trouble.

America has fought wars across the globe, because we kept our firearms while others let dictators take theirs...

Old 12-14-2012, 02:14 AM   #27

Location: 2,000 miles Northwest of Bill's Laundromat, Bar & Grill, CA
Liked 538 Times on 379 Posts
Likes Given: 273

I cannot believe this is happening to a man who fought for this country. Its time the U.S. sets a precedent, HERE and NOW! This man was a Marine, if that doesn't say something about his character, I don't know what does.

Worst part is, the U.S. customs were the ones that made a mistake here, and there is zero effort coming from our government to right this wrong. I am extremely disappointed in our current administration. Leaving a man behind who fought for this country is beyond something that would make me angry. Obamacare made me angry, leaving a Marine behind to be tortured by low-life drug cartels, has evoked emotions in me beyond anger, and beyond words.

Bottom Line: I need to see someone high up on the political ladder step-up, and get this man back home!

-Matt

rocshaman Likes This 
Old 12-14-2012, 03:06 AM   #28

Liked 4790 Times on 2679 Posts
Likes Given: 1736

There are other Americans locked up in Mexico for arms violations. Mexico is holding Americans that are serving long terms with no help from the U.S. I know hunters who have gone thru the legal process and have been arrested and held for fines from their familes.
I have 2 friends who were locked up and paid big fines to get out of the country. One fellow had a single .22 rimfire Ctg. in a truck map pocket by accident it cost him $10,000 dollars to get out of a Mexican jail. Another fellow was caught with a "C" Press a set of reloading dies and a loading manual. He served 6 Mos. and lost his truck and camper.
As Locutus says stay the Hell out of Mexico.

Old 12-14-2012, 03:12 AM   #29

Liked 341 Times on 237 Posts
Likes Given: 38

Why is this story being told as "MARINE LEFT BEHIND" ----- was he down there on patrol ????

Old 12-14-2012, 03:34 AM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flat Tire
Why is this story being told as "MARINE LEFT BEHIND" ----- was he down there on patrol ????
He was left behind because he served his country and his country didn't serve him.