Manly Ranting Rules Thread Thingy - Page 4
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Manly Ranting Rules Thread Thingy

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-30-2009, 07:14 PM   #31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 10 Times on 10 Posts

I look at SHTF threads, think about our ancestors of not so long ago, and realize it wasn't theory.

They lived SHTF.

Old 07-30-2009, 07:18 PM   #32

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Not long ago I would have resented my father for having whipped my butt so many times, but despite him being a drunk/ pothead he knew how to raise a kid. It was yes sir no sir. When I was told to do something I DID NOT say why or I don't want to. I got up and I did it and then after I had done it if I wanted to ask why he had me do it it was perfectly acceptable. I got a whippin when I said I can't. I got a whippin when I showed my creative side on the walls. I was taught to fish and bait my own dang hook and take my own fish off the hook. I was taught that being afraid of water was not acceptable and thrown in it repeatedly until I understood that it would not hurt me (I know that seems harsh, but when I was about to turn two my mother dropped me in a pool adn told me to sink or swim. I swam, but then for some odd reason when I was 5 I convinced myself that I was afraid of swimming, which I wasn't and I was very good at it not to mention we lived on the Brazus and I had to know not to panic when I got in the water.) People don't raise their kids anymore. You cannot be your childs friend and you cannot worry constantly about whether you hurt their feelings or not.

Old 07-30-2009, 07:18 PM   #33

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 30

I know what you're saying benning, like in waterfowl hunting, you should aim for the lead bird in a formation. not just the outdoors either, working outdoors, yardwork, painting a house, fixing a car, and many other things are being lost because many younger people are just ignorant to them. I personally love to listen to wiser guys than myself. Always something to learn from someone more experienced. Tell me if this is a good idea or not, start a thread that will have that type of info in it. maybe in the clubhouse or soemthing, I don't know. Benning or JD starting it will have it get a lot more hits and have more to offer than myself.

"I only regret I have but one life to lose for my country" Nathan Hale

Amendment 2 - Right to Bear Arms. Ratified 12/15/1791. Note

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Old 07-30-2009, 07:23 PM   #34

Liked 10 Times on 10 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by easterner123 View Post
I know what you're saying benning, like in waterfowl hunting, you should aim for the lead bird in a formation. not just the outdoors either, working outdoors, yardwork, painting a house, fixing a car, and many other things are being lost because many younger people are just ignorant to them. I personally love to listen to wiser guys than myself. Always something to learn from someone more experienced. Tell me if this is a good idea or not, start a thread that will have that type of info in it. maybe in the clubhouse or soemthing, I don't know. Benning or JD starting it will have it get a lot more hits and have more to offer than myself.
Excellent, and I think this knowledge is crucial. MREs are not gonna fall out of the sky for us, and we lose a little more self sufficience every day.

Old 07-30-2009, 07:30 PM   #35

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 30

Exactly, we need to pool what we know. I will admit, I am not a survivorman or bear grills or anything, and I still am learning. Any tips are better than none at all IMO. Besides, garden fresh vegetables always taste better than MREs. Also, my experience with stripping a rifle, besides a field strip has been very little.

"I only regret I have but one life to lose for my country" Nathan Hale

Amendment 2 - Right to Bear Arms. Ratified 12/15/1791. Note

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Old 07-30-2009, 07:33 PM   #36

I know a few guys who have been seriously hurt when a beast turned on them. Never a good thing. I'm glad no one was injured. ... oops I just realized I was responding to a post on page three by Dillinger. Sorry.

www.fidelisarms.com - custom lowers for ar style platform. Uppers, ammo, ect. Click on contact us and shoot me an email with any questions.

Old 07-30-2009, 07:34 PM   #37
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 84 Times on 54 Posts
Likes Given: 5

My dad taught me more then any other person on this planet and he continues to do so. He's taught me to shoot, use power tools, mills, lathes, how to build things, weld, how to rebuild everything related to cars. That includes muffler bearings and adjustable power bands.

things of life...

He taught me that some people just need a good butt whoopin, and if it's your kid, your responsible to give him/her one. And yes, I got my share.

Never hit a woman

protect your family and their needs come before mine, this applies to wants as well.

Drink a beer or two, not 15.

Go to church regularly

be honest and treat people fairly in all your dealings.

money isn't everything

If you screw up, admit it, make it right and move on

He taught me early the value of money. I got my first job at 12, I saved up $200 and bought my first shotgun, a Winchester 1300 Turkey. The gun took all my money but I needed a case so my dad threw in on the case. One of the few things my dad ever just handed me. I still have both and I pitty the man who tries to take either.

If the pain is lacking so is the discipline...

"the only 911 call I need is chambering a round" - Mr. Muller, MO car dealer

Old 07-30-2009, 08:29 PM   #38
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Does anyone else like hanging out with older men? I myself like going to the old school barber shops. You know, the places where no barber is under 60 and they still trim your hairline with hot cream and a razor.

Older people are a world of knowledge and wisdom that most people simply write off as being worthless.

Old 07-30-2009, 08:36 PM   #39

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3481 Times on 1610 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Quote:
Originally Posted by spittinfire View Post
Does anyone else like hanging out with older men?

And YOU just made my forum quote signature line.

JD

Old 07-30-2009, 08:40 PM   #40
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

as soon as I posted that I knew someone was going to do that....freakin perverts....