Mandatory reporting of suspected child neglect or abuse - Page 3
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Mandatory reporting of suspected child neglect or abuse

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-14-2011, 06:05 PM   #21
fmj
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 753 Times on 437 Posts
Likes Given: 306

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post
I don't know about back handing, but I've seen the videos of one of your kids. Doesn't appear to be a child in an unhappy home.
It was off the cuff, and i had had QUITE ENOUGH! Please do not get the impression that i make a habit of this or i beat on my kids on a regular basis. I have MANY other "behavior modification techniques" at my disposal....at that point they had all been exhausted. and i was raised "Old School" and i have come to the conclusion those old schoolers had it right in many ways!

Besides Trip, your but a fledgling parent....come talk to me when your beloved little bundle of joy is a TEENAGER!! If i would have known what i was getting when these critters was born.......i would have DOGS!!!

The 1911: Turning useless trash into good fertilizer for over 100 years!!

Old 12-14-2011, 06:13 PM   #22

Liked 9209 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Oh believe me, I ask advice all the time from parents with older kids than mine.

I do go DI every now and then with my kid. He does the mountain climbers, push ups, run in place, squats, and our personal favorite, simply standing up and sitting down.

He stopped at one point, and just ran to the bathroom and brought me my razor strap. He'd had enough and was ready to take the easy way out.

Old 12-14-2011, 07:53 PM   #23

Since this is off topic already, and discipline tricks are being shared. I'll tell you how I learned a lot of respect for my parents (I'm not one yet so I may not get to do this myself)
When my brother and I were 7 and 8 we lost the fear of being spanked by our mother. We had discovered that if we laughed she would be the one who ended up crying. My dad soon tired of having to do all the disciplining when he arrived home from work and devised a plan.
Around October he told us he needed some help in the wood-shop making a special present for Mom... This was a great idea as far as we were concerned and wanted to know what "What is it?" He said "it's a special board for your mother to use". We were so excited we couldn't wait! He cut a beautiful piece of Ash into a 3/4"x4"x15" board and shaped a crude handle onto one end w/ the bandsaw. "now I need you boys to sand this real smooth and be sure the handle is nice for your Mom"
Boy did we ever!
The next week he was satisfied w/ the work we had put into it, and he showed us how to apply stain and varnish.
When it was done we were SO PROUD of the work we'd done we couldn't wait for Christmas. (Dad was patient enough to make us wait)
Christmas morning we COULD NOT WAIT to share that special gift w/ our mother, and refused to open anything till she had seen what we made for her... She seemed kinda hesitant if I remember correctly, but Dad reassured her (she really didn't know) and she tore the wrapping paper off. Not sure what to make of it she looked at our father quizzically and he smiled saying "it's a butter board! You'll never have to wait till I get home to butter their buns again!!!"

We. Were. HORRIFIED!

I believe she could still make me cry w/ that 'Butter Board' and it does still hang on a hook in the kitchen...

*edited

"How a politician stands on the Second Amendment tells you how he or she views you as an individual..."

--Rep. Suzanna Gratia Hupp (TX)

Last edited by H2oWerker; 12-14-2011 at 08:15 PM.

Old 12-14-2011, 08:17 PM   #24
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5738 Times on 3362 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Most MANDATORY requirements annoy me. I want to see MANDATORY maximums on political terms; that's the MANDATORY i want to see.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 12-14-2011, 09:07 PM   #25
fmj

Quote:
Originally Posted by h2owerker View Post
since this is off topic already, and discipline tricks are being shared. I'll tell you how i learned a lot of respect for my parents (i'm not one yet so i may not get to do this myself)
when my brother and i were 7 and 8 we lost the fear of being spanked by our mother. We had discovered that if we laughed she would be the one who ended up crying. My dad soon tired of having to do all the disciplining when he arrived home from work and devised a plan.
Around october he told us he needed some help in the wood-shop making a special present for mom... This was a great idea as far as we were concerned and wanted to know what "what is it?" he said "it's a special board for your mother to use". We were so excited we couldn't wait! He cut a beautiful piece of ash into a 3/4"x4"x15" board and shaped a crude handle onto one end w/ the bandsaw. "now i need you boys to sand this real smooth and be sure the handle is nice for your mom"
boy did we ever!
The next week he was satisfied w/ the work we had put into it, and he showed us how to apply stain and varnish.
When it was done we were so proud of the work we'd done we couldn't wait for christmas. (dad was patient enough to make us wait)
christmas morning we could not wait to share that special gift w/ our mother, and refused to open anything till she had seen what we made for her... She seemed kinda hesitant if i remember correctly, but dad reassured her (she really didn't know) and she tore the wrapping paper off. Not sure what to make of it she looked at our father quizzically and he smiled saying "it's a butter board! You'll never have to wait till i get home to butter their buns again!!!"

we. Were. Horrified!

I believe she could still make me cry w/ that 'butter board' and it does still hang on a hook in the kitchen...

*edited

lmao!!!!!!!

greatness!!

Old 12-14-2011, 09:08 PM   #26
fmj

in an attempt to drag this back on topic....how in the HELL would the nanny state ENFORCE such a stupid law!?!?

Yanno its all well and good to make "feel good" laws......but how in the hell do you enforce 'em!?!?

Old 12-14-2011, 09:44 PM   #27

Liked 17 Times on 13 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Hello, I'm here from the government and want to help. It takes a village to raise a child \ Hillary Clinton

Old 12-14-2011, 09:46 PM   #28
fmj

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis845 View Post
Hello, I'm here from the government and want to help. It takes a village to raise a child \ Hillary Clinton

It takes a friggn parent to raise a child....it takes a village to raise an IDIOT!!

Old 12-14-2011, 09:52 PM   #29

Liked 1414 Times on 844 Posts
Likes Given: 146

By making examples out of a few, make sure there is plenty of press coverage. IMO this law is just one more way to divide us a country. Think about all the divides that make up they dicotomy of society.

Race, that drum gets beat often and loadly.
Religion, example Tim Tiebo,war on christmas,
Left vs. Right, every two years nationally more often than that on local levels.
Wealthy vs all others, whos agenda? potus, occupy wall street. etc

Think about it, this administration as had a hotline to report those who "spread misstatements".
Now if the powers can feed the children three times a day at school.
(Memphis is a pilot program for school dinners),and get us to look at each other on such a basic level as child rearing, what is next?

When slitting wood, we stand over a round of wood looking for a fault in the grain to drive the wedge into. If missed the maul bounces off. If the wedge finds it mark the grain splits.
The population is that round of wood and there is an all seeing eye over us looking for another fault for the wedge to strike.

If this bill passes that proverbial wedge will find our heart grain. The ability to raise our children in the manner we as parents feel best.

NEVER FORGET

Old 12-14-2011, 10:15 PM   #30

Liked 1414 Times on 844 Posts
Likes Given: 146

Oh my goosh
I was just on drudge, there is a video of an occupy "mom" that places her 4 year old daughter on train tracks to shut down the port of Portland. You can see the train comming in the shot.

NEVER FORGET