Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Man Shooting Hole Through Wall Kills Wife

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-27-2008, 10:41 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Man Shooting Hole Through Wall Kills Wife

http://www.kctv5.com/news/15698864/detail.html

DEEPWATER, Mo. -- Officials are trying to decide whether to file charges against a Missouri man who fatally shot his wife while trying to install a satellite TV system in the bedroom of their home.

Patsy Long, 34, of Deepwater, died after being shot in the chest with a .22-caliber handgun on Saturday. Her husband, Ronald Long, fired the shot from the inside of their home after several unsuccessful efforts to punch a hole through the exterior wall using other means.

Henry County sheriff's deputies said the woman was hit by the second of two shots fired by her husband.

Long was given CPR by neighbors and family until medics arrived, police said. She was transported by air ambulance, but was pronounced dead at the hospital just after 6 p.m.

"He was under the impression that everybody was inside the residence, that he knew where everybody was at,” said sheriff's department spokesman Maj. Robert Hills.

Hills said a person involved in such a case normally would be charged with manslaughter, but that would be up to the prosecutor. "Once we complete a diagram of the incident, we will be submitting everything to the prosecuting attorney and let him decide if he wants to press criminal charges," Hills said.

Henry County Coroner Scott Largent declined to release details about Patsy Long's death until the sheriff's department completes its investigation.
On Tuesday morning, Henry County Prosecuting Attorney Richard M. Shields said he has yet to receive the case from the sheriff's department.
Neighbor Mark Lassince said he believed it was a tragic accident.
"Bad things happen to good people,” Lassince said.

Patsy and Ronald Long were raising their children in their rural home overlooking Truman Lake.

"I was in the shower, and the son came in and told me his mom had been shot, so we went up there to see if we could help,” Lassince said.
Patsy Long worked as a carhop at a Sonic restaurant in Warsaw, Mo.

“She was a good person, you know, took care of her family,” Lassince said.

Proud NRA member

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-27-2008, 10:55 PM   #2

Sad to hear, but what a dumb mistake.

Old 03-27-2008, 10:56 PM   #3

..WOW...I have heard it all,myself i have installed several of them,
did the Dork not know what a (Drill and Bit) was??????
i think somebody that stupid,sure dont need a fire-arm or a Drill.

..I UPHOLD THE RIGHT TO KEEP AND BARE-ARMS..

Old 03-27-2008, 11:24 PM   #4

Does this mean I can put my DeWalt in a holster and carry it concealed?

Proud NRA member

Old 03-28-2008, 12:29 AM   #5

Well I don't know which is worst, the gun in the oven, or this. I feel sorry for the guy shooting his wife like that, but it just goes to show stupid people not thinking about what they are about to do should not have guns. In the Media's eyes, Stories like this make all gun owners look bad. More Fuel for the anti gunners.

Old 03-28-2008, 12:48 AM   #6

I posted this article on a few of the Satellite TV Forums. Most of their injury and death stories involve falling from a roof or ladder and maybe an occasional electrocution, but this is a new one.....
What makes this extra stupid is the fact that your typical RG6 size coaxial cable won't fit through a .22 size hole anyway. You need a 9mm or .38/.357 size hole to run the cable..... .45 if the connector is already installed

"Stupidity is the most plentiful element in the universe"
.................................................. .....Frank Zappa

Old 03-28-2008, 01:03 AM   #7

Zappa your right about the hole size. I think a 9MM would speed up Cable Installs.

Old 03-28-2008, 01:34 AM   #8

..Sorry for the family...But yall guys are killing me..LOL
i never thought of hole size???he probaly didnt eiether
he would have HHHHMMMMM used a bigger gun..LOL

..I UPHOLD THE RIGHT TO KEEP AND BARE-ARMS..