You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House >

Man I love guns !


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-31-2012, 02:09 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
MrWray's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 6,428
Liked 1040 Times on 621 Posts
Likes Given: 16

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286

I'm still under 30 bro! Its hard living that's the reason most people think I'm in my mid forties!
Arent you 28?
__________________
Semper paratus.....virtute et armis
MrWray is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 02:22 AM   #22
Administrator
FTF_ADMIN.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
c3shooter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Third bunker on the right,Central Virginia
Posts: 20,130
Liked 14060 Times on 5946 Posts
Likes Given: 2339

Default

Grew up in a rural, farming community in the South. Everybody had a shotgun or 22 behind the kitchen door, and everybody hunted (including a lot of girls) I received a .410 on the day I was born from my maternal grandfather- one my Mom used to carry squirrel hunting. Probably absorbed some gunpowder with my Mother's milk. Dad was the eldest of 13, so if he was too busy to go shooting or fishing, I could usually find a stray uncle of two to fill in. Fish and game was a measurable part of our diet.

As far as age, I have boots older than most of you.








Unlike you, my BOOTS are still in good shape.
__________________
What we have here is... failure- to communicate.
c3shooter is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 02:24 AM   #23
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
TimL2952's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Lockport,New York
Posts: 1,354
Liked 194 Times on 136 Posts
Likes Given: 316

Default

I'm only 20...what made you feel so old?

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post
I'm still under 30 bro! Its hard living that's the reason most people think I'm in my mid forties!
TimL2952 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 02:34 AM   #24
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
MrWray's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 6,428
Liked 1040 Times on 621 Posts
Likes Given: 16

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by c3shooter
Grew up in a rural, farming community in the South. Everybody had a shotgun or 22 behind the kitchen door, and everybody hunted (including a lot of girls) I received a .410 on the day I was born from my maternal grandfather- one my Mom used to carry squirrel hunting. Probably absorbed some gunpowder with my Mother's milk. Dad was the eldest of 13, so if he was too busy to go shooting or fishing, I could usually find a stray uncle of two to fill in. Fish and game was a measurable part of our diet.

As far as age, I have boots older than most of you.

Unlike you, my BOOTS are still in good shape.
Hey! Im still in good shape...

For the most part :-)
__________________
Semper paratus.....virtute et armis
MrWray is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 02:40 AM   #25
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
 
robocop10mm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Austin,Texas, by God!!
Posts: 11,395
Liked 4124 Times on 2106 Posts
Likes Given: 523

Default

Round and Pear are shapes!
__________________
In life, strive to take the high road....It offers a better field of fire.
"Robo is right" Fuzzball
robocop10mm is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 02:44 AM   #26
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
MrWray's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 6,428
Liked 1040 Times on 621 Posts
Likes Given: 16

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by robocop10mm
Round and Pear are shapes!
Lol, my metabolism is to high for those shapes. I cant seem to get past 160lbs....and i eat like a horse, you would think that my metabolism would slow down at 34.
__________________
Semper paratus.....virtute et armis
MrWray is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 02:55 AM   #27
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
canebrake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: 150 miles NE of Sloppy Joe's Bar
Posts: 21,941
Liked 1470 Times on 819 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

Default

Nothing is a big deal until it's made a big deal.

I grew up in a house that had guns that were not hidden. No, they were not left lying around, but when used, cleaned and discussed it was open and not in hushed tones. Hell, I was in middle school before I found out not every home had a gun. That's because my dad answered every question I had about them.

I fired his M1911A1 when I was only 9. I went into the woods hunting with him at 11.

That is why I like the following;

In a society's endeavor to deal with firearms, it is much healthier to impart respect and knowledge, than to inculcate fear. - cane

Tell a kid they can't have something and that will be the only thing they will think about. It's the human condition.

Do your part and give your kids the gift of knowledge. It's a gift they will thank you for.

Truth and understanding, even about evil black rifles, is far better than mystery and fear.

Worked for me, and I think I turned out OK.
__________________
http://i695.photobucket.com/albums/v...brake02jpg.jpg

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello
canebrake is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 03:58 AM   #28
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
elmerfudge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Joshua, TX
Posts: 88
Liked 19 Times on 11 Posts

Default

Grew up on a cattle ranch in North Texas. Like c3 there were guns behind the doors and up over the mantle. The mantle gun was a Springfield 1903 in 30.06. My first .22 was a Nylon 66. First 12 ga. was from Western Auto. When riding/fixing fence carried my Dad's 1911 for rattlesnakes. My first deer rifle was a lever action .243. Guns were the norm. Still are around my house.
__________________
Texas Damnit
2nd Place Medalist - SE Asia War Games (1971-72)
elmerfudge is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 08:27 PM   #29
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Blueguns's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: 2,000 miles Northwest of Bill's Laundromat, Bar & Grill, CA
Posts: 2,001
Liked 540 Times on 381 Posts
Likes Given: 273

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by canebrake
Nothing is a big deal until it's made a big deal.

I grew up in a house that had guns that were not hidden. No, they were not left lying around, but when used, cleaned and discussed it was open and not in hushed tones. Hell, I was in middle school before I found out not every home had a gun. That's because my dad answered every question I had about them.

I fired his M1911A1 when I was only 9. I went into the woods hunting with him at 11.

That is why I like the following;

In a society's endeavor to deal with firearms, it is much healthier to impart respect and knowledge, than to inculcate fear. - cane

Tell a kid they can't have something and that will be the only thing they will think about. It's the human condition.

Do your part and give your kids the gift of knowledge. It's a gift they will thank you for.

Truth and understanding, even about evil black rifles, is far better than mystery and fear.

Worked for me, and I think I turned out OK.
That's basically the same way my house was.

It started with a 20GA o/u Ithaca when I was 6 or 7. My dad and I would go out to a dry creek bed and teach me how to handle it.
__________________
-Matt
Blueguns is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 06:46 AM   #30
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 1,474
Liked 650 Times on 426 Posts
Likes Given: 1313

Default

Guns have been apart of my life since birth and I have my Dad to Thank for that.He had Bird Dogs way before he had me,so I grew up hunting over some of the best short haired pointers and in the reloading room. Started with a Daisy BB gun before 5 years old.
MOshooter is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
How much do you love your guns? 2hot2handle Politics, Religion and Controversy 22 05-04-2010 08:00 PM
Big guns of comedy love 'open carry' sculker The Club House 6 01-08-2009 06:56 PM